Teroxs.

You're my hero.

That is legitimately the first thing that crossed my mind.

Sent from my ST25i using Xparent BlueTapatalk 2

Level 6 Pirate-Ninja Ranger

“If you don’t like something, change it. If you can’t change it, change your attitude. Don’t complain.†~Maya Angelou

(STR - 12) (DEX - 8) (STA - 12) (CON - 14) (WIS - 12) (CHA - 8)

CHALLENGE 6: Neph Arrives fashionably late.

tumblr_miazecVM8q1r3ifxzo1_500.gif

Week 6! 

Side Quest 1: Whole 30: N/A

I passed the whole 30 quest a week or so ago. Since then I have eaten gluten and dairy and have felt crummy about it. I will probably try to live my life as close to Whole30 as I can. I like eating clean and the way I felt. Since I have started eating other things, I haven't felt as energetic, which makes me sad. 

Side Quest 2: Lift: C

This week I was a little worn out physically, thus I did not exercise as much and other days I slept so much. I did stick to the basics as much as possible, but I barely made it to the finish line. 

Life Quest: Budget: Pass

I probably put the most effort on groceries this week than any of my other goals. I made kalua pork again because it goes a long way for less than $10. I also bought and prepared my first butternut squash. So delicious, budget friendly and good with everything. 

You did a GREAT job on the Whole 30.  I'm so glad it's a good plan for you, and that you stuck with it, despite how tough it is.  Looking forward to the next challenge!  Are you in?

Level 4 Lycan Adventurer

STR:  11.5 | DEX: 6.5 | STA: 12.75 | CON: 7.0 | WIS: 9.5 | CHA: 5

Intro & Challenge Summary

Challenges:   1  2  3  4  5  6 7

Strength is the capacity to break a chocolate bar into four pieces with your bare hands - and then eat just one of the pieces.

Judith Viorst

Yup, you did great with Whole 30.  Pretty much how I feel too.  I think it is best for me to stick as close as I can to it.  I might move a little more towards the paleo end so it's not as strict, but we will see.  I honestly would rather not reintroduce much of the junk back into my diet. 

breakdown.gif

The Wrap-Up:

Main Quest: Success!

My main quest was to shrink my circumference. I believe I succeeded with the help of the whole 30 and feeling so good and energetic. I was able to shrink 2" off my waist at my belly button. Yippee!

Side Quest1: Whole 30: Success!  

This was probably the most satisfying, challenging and extreme thing I have done in a long time. I am proud for making it and endlessly thankful for everyone's support through it all, especially during week 2 where I was having an existential tantrum and trying to figure out why I do anything. 

The whole30 really taught me how much I can live without and how it will not kill me. I went to bars and other places and did not drink, out of will power and because I stood my ground. I didn't eat cookies and tried my hardest to not judge people who did. I learned a lot about myself and the success I can have if I apply and commit myself. I am also still off supplements and feel-good drugs. I have had beer and it is still the most delicious thing in the world. I am also thankful that the whole30 put a lot of things in perspective for me. Even though it was extreme, it taught me I don't have to be extreme myself. I will mess up and it will not be the end of the world. It also weaned me from weighing myself all the time and that is priceless.

I have also passed on my experience to other people who are doing it, too. It is definitely a test in resilience and I am going to include it in my life for years to come. 

Side Quest2: Lift: B

This was kind of a tricky goal. I didn't really leave any room to make up for days missed and set up the grading scale with a vision of living in a perfect world. This goal really taught me to chill the heck out and maybe not be such an eager goal setter. I think this coming challenge I will make more precise and realistic goals that are very sustainable in the long run. 

Life Goal: Budget: C

ZOMG, I am so bad with budgeting. I'm proud I did as well as I did and how much time I am spending thinking about wise ways to use money. I was hit pretty hard in the last couple of months with financial stuff, which is pretty depressing and stressful, so I am glad I had other stuff going on to focus on. 

on to the next adventure!

Great job.  I know that I'm starting another whole 30 from halloween-thanksgiving.  It shouldn't be as bad this time around since I know what to expect.  It just sucks that I can't find gwantley's bacon anymore =/ 

I didn't eat cookies and tried my hardest to not judge people who did

I had the same problem with my mom.  She's a diabetic and her excuse to eat muffins and cakes and candy is that "I need something with my coffee".  That has to be the dumbest excuse ever.  I'm trying to convince her to do the halloween-thanksgiving whole 30 with me. 

The Wrap-Up:

Main Quest: Success!

My main quest was to shrink my circumference. I believe I succeeded with the help of the whole 30 and feeling so good and energetic. I was able to shrink 2" off my waist at my belly button. Yippee!

Side Quest1: Whole 30: Success!  

This was probably the most satisfying, challenging and extreme thing I have done in a long time. I am proud for making it and endlessly thankful for everyone's support through it all, especially during week 2 where I was having an existential tantrum and trying to figure out why I do anything. 

Great Job Rogaecia! I am SO impressed that you stuck through it all and finished like a champ, even the C on budgeting is great since most people lack the foresight and will power  to even try to budget anything....

I love you term "existential tantrum" I have been in a "mood" myself and that is a fantastic way to express the way I have been feeling.  I'm glad I'm not the only one, you came out of it better than I did, you at least finished your challenge. Great Job, you lovely woman, you!

CB3 Warrior Status 

Battle Log

"So do all who live to see such times, but that is not for them to decide.

All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us." Gandalf

Warrior Level 3

STR 9 DEX 4 STA 5 CON 5 WIS 8 CHA 9

Even if the budgeting wasn't perfect, you started on it which is progress.  Hopefully you learned a lot which will help next time. 

I'm so impressed with your Whole 30 success!  You also impressed me with your openness and honesty.  You've been such an inspiration to me on so many counts.  I'm looking forward to both of us reaching 1-derland!

Level 4 Lycan Adventurer

STR:  11.5 | DEX: 6.5 | STA: 12.75 | CON: 7.0 | WIS: 9.5 | CHA: 5

Intro & Challenge Summary

Challenges:   1  2  3  4  5  6 7

Strength is the capacity to break a chocolate bar into four pieces with your bare hands - and then eat just one of the pieces.

Judith Viorst

Thank you guys :) I really appreciate all the support I have received from each and every one of you through this challenge an look forward to backing each other up in future challenges.

About a week and a half ago we got labs done to check lipids and we got them back today. My numbers are pretty great. I haven't had much issues with cholesterol in the past, but it is always great to see it in numerical form. My bosses said they wished I would have tested my levels when I embarked on getting healthier. That would have been cool. But I don't really like going to the doctor and it's hard with my office job at a doctor's office to have time during the week to go to another doctor's office- haha :D

How is everyone doing during our time off?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Important Information

New here? Please check out our Privacy Policy and Community Guidelines