Thank you for the recipe including photos!  I thought I was one of the only people in the world who used the term "Lazy Pants" in their daily speech.  Those look good and i have some ground pork in my fridge that is looking for a job.  Fred Meyer had it on sale last week and i got a bunch.

Do you have trouble getting in enough vegetables?  What do you eat for breakfast besides meat, and eggs?  Don't get me wrong I like them both but wonder how to vary that a little bit with other foods.

And Sicil,  I don't think there is such a thing as "too much pork" when you are trying to eat healthy.  It is amazing how much sugar is in our everyday food and the less processed food you can eat, the better!

Started a recipe thread here: http://nerdfitnessre...-ninja-recipes/

and added a first recipe.  Would you mind cross posting the sausage recipe?  I thought a collection of Stealthy Ninja recipes would give us all a central location.

Level 4 Lycan Adventurer

STR:  11.5 | DEX: 6.5 | STA: 12.75 | CON: 7.0 | WIS: 9.5 | CHA: 5

Intro & Challenge Summary

Challenges:   1  2  3  4  5  6 7

Strength is the capacity to break a chocolate bar into four pieces with your bare hands - and then eat just one of the pieces.

Judith Viorst

Thank you for the recipe including photos!  I thought I was one of the only people in the world who used the term "Lazy Pants" in their daily speech.  Those look good and i have some ground pork in my fridge that is looking for a job.  Fred Meyer had it on sale last week and i got a bunch.

Do you have trouble getting in enough vegetables?  What do you eat for breakfast besides meat, and eggs?  Don't get me wrong I like them both but wonder how to vary that a little bit with other foods.

And Sicil,  I don't think there is such a thing as "too much pork" when you are trying to eat healthy.  It is amazing how much sugar is in our everyday food and the less processed food you can eat, the better!

Hey LegoLady :) 

I got my ground pork from Fred Meyer- heheheehe :D :D

I usually cook in big batches that last me 2-3 days at a time. My favorite thing to do lately is to roast a head of cauliflower and that usually lasts me 2-3 lunches and 2-3 dinners worth of vegetables. It is easy, convenient and very cost-effective. 

I would like to add in more vegetables for breakfast. 

My ideal day looks like this: 

Breakfast: eggs and bacon

Snack: almonds and fruit

Lunch: protein and vegetable(s) plus tomatoes or guacamole

Snack 2: almonds and baby carrots

Dinner: protein and vegetables

I also sip on peppermint tea and drink about 120oz of water a day. I hope this is helpful.  :panda: 

Yay glad to see you back for this challenge, you are such an inspiration :)

Wow lots of habits to form at once! How does the app help? Would you recommend it?

Level 4 Ranger

[sTR] 5 [DEX] 5 [sTA] 7 [CON] 8.5 [WIS] 10 [CHA] 8

Current Challenge

Previous challengesFirst challengeSecond Challenge,Third ChallengeFourth Challenge

"Don't waste time on jealousy because sometimes you are ahead and sometimes you are behind, but in the end the

race is long and it's only ever with yourself"

Holy Cow, Rogeacia!  You are off to a rock'n start!  I'll have to check out that book as I am too revamping my eating habits!!

Pretty crazy and kind of difficult but I'm sure the Whole 30 will be totally worth it!!  Keep it up, I'm excited to see how it goes!

CB3 Warrior Status 

Battle Log

"So do all who live to see such times, but that is not for them to decide.

All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us." Gandalf

Warrior Level 3

STR 9 DEX 4 STA 5 CON 5 WIS 8 CHA 9

mmmmm, sausage.

I tried the Aidell's (i think that's the name) Apple chicken sausage.  I had 1 bite and I couldn't wipe the smile off my face.  It was great.

And if you check the whole 30 day by day chart, it mixes up a bit.  i didn't think I ever had caffeine, but those bits of candy here and there really add up once you start to detox.

Never underestimate the power of doing something with a bunch of other people. It's much more motivating!

Heck yeah- teamwork! 

Wow, those look good.  Going to have to try it myself :)

They are pretty delicious :) I shared with one of my bosses. I think I'm ground pork'ed out for a little bit right now. I might do chicken next or turkey :D 

Mmm, guac. Everything is better with guac. Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 4

Oh yeah! I'm so making some guac tonight. 

Yay glad to see you back for this challenge, you are such an inspiration :)

Wow lots of habits to form at once! How does the app help? Would you recommend it?

Thank you so much, Gypsy! <3 

The app is definitely helpful. It keeps track of how long of a stretch you go for. It works extra well for people that don't like having to build up stretches and want to keep it going. It's also a good reminder to get things done, especially when I just want to relax and be lazy. I would definitely recommend it if you want to start building positive habits. 

Holy Cow, Rogeacia!  You are off to a rock'n start!  I'll have to check out that book as I am too revamping my eating habits!!

Pretty crazy and kind of difficult but I'm sure the Whole 30 will be totally worth it!!  Keep it up, I'm excited to see how it goes!

Thank you so much, CB3! So far, so good. I'm excited to see how my health will be affected by it. For a really long time I have been dealing with "sensitive scalp;" which is a dry yet oily scalp that itches and hurts. For a while I thought the "breakouts" were related to gluten, but even after cutting back on that my scalp still acted out. So, now I am wondering if it ties into dairy or sugar. It will make me sad, but I will also know more definitively rather than guessing around. 

Looking forward to what you will rock out this challenge as well <3

mmmmm, sausage.

I tried the Aidell's (i think that's the name) Apple chicken sausage.  I had 1 bite and I couldn't wipe the smile off my face.  It was great.

And if you check the whole 30 day by day chart, it mixes up a bit.  i didn't think I ever had caffeine, but those bits of candy here and there really add up once you start to detox.

That sounds delicious! Where did you get it from? I was going to try and buy sausage but I just had a hard time buying bacon because it all has added sugar to it. :-\

Where did you get that chart from, btw? 

Yay- thank you for being an inspiration for the Whole30 along with Tateman and Blaidd!

Holy Cow, Rogeacia! You are off to a rock'n start! I'll have to check out that book as I am too revamping my eating habits!!

Pretty crazy and kind of difficult but I'm sure the Whole 30 will be totally worth it!! Keep it up, I'm excited to see how it goes!

Thank you so much, CB3! So far, so good. I'm excited to see how my health will be affected by it. For a really long time I have been dealing with "sensitive scalp;" which is a dry yet oily scalp that itches and hurts. For a while I thought the "breakouts" were related to gluten, but even after cutting back on that my scalp still acted out. So, now I am wondering if it ties into dairy or sugar. It will make me sad, but I will also know more definitively rather than guessing around.

Looking forward to what you will rock out this challenge as well <3

Hey, better to know what it is and be able to deal with it than just guess :)

MyFitnessPal

Day-by-day chart:  http://whole9life.com/2013/08/revised-timeline/

I found the apple chicken sausage at stop&shop, but I think you can get it from other places too.

As for bacon, you'll want Gwaltney's brand- sold ONLY at super walmart.  It's more salt, but no sugar.

NO QUITTING ON DAY 10-11!!! That apparently is the key... ;)

sicil

Level 4 Xeph Assassin

STR 6.5 | DEX 15 | STA 12 | CON 10.5 | WIS 9.5 | CHA 8.5

Current Challenge: Lucky In Love

#4 Finding Zen#3: Preparations For Battle | #2: Ninja School | #1: Lapsed Ninja

"You're welcome on my boat. God ain't." - Firefly

I found the apple chicken sausage at stop&shop, but I think you can get it from other places too.

As for bacon, you'll want Gwaltney's brand- sold ONLY at super walmart.  It's more salt, but no sugar.

Ewww- but walmart! 

I might just have kalua pork instead of bacon :( 

Hey, better to know what it is and be able to deal with it than just guess :)

I agree- even though I love chai. :( 

NO QUITTING ON DAY 10-11!!! That apparently is the key... ;)

No quitting evarrrrrr! 

We probably live in totally different parts of the country, but I've seen Gwaltney bacon other places.  On the East Coast, I know it's available at Giant Food which is an East Coast grocery store chain.  I haven't looked for it in years, and have no idea what the ingredient list is.

Level 4 Lycan Adventurer

STR:  11.5 | DEX: 6.5 | STA: 12.75 | CON: 7.0 | WIS: 9.5 | CHA: 5

Intro & Challenge Summary

Challenges:   1  2  3  4  5  6 7

Strength is the capacity to break a chocolate bar into four pieces with your bare hands - and then eat just one of the pieces.

Judith Viorst

Well, I am not having the ragies this morning as expected- Hurray!

However, I did not get up for a run either. I slept in till 6am :) Yesterday I decided I wanted to celebrate national cheeseburger day so I went to the store after work and was on my way home to make some delicious burgers for dinner. Little did I know, there was an accident on I-5 and I did not get home till after 7. I decided to do the beginner's body weight work out while I pre-heated the oven to roast some yams and sweet potatoes. I was done with dinner at about 8:15pm. So I chilled a little bit before going to bed. I did go to bed relatively close to eating, so it was kind of lame.

I have to remember that I can't afford the luxury of spontaneity while on the bus and especially after work. From now on, I think my strategy will be to stick to eating dinner at work before heading home. 

Tonight I don't think I will be exercising because I have an appointment after work. 

MUST WAKE UP FOR RUN TOMORROW.

MUST! 

Well, I am not having the ragies this morning as expected- Hurray!

However, I did not get up for a run either. I slept in till 6am :) Yesterday I decided I wanted to celebrate national cheeseburger day so I went to the store after work and was on my way home to make some delicious burgers for dinner. Little did I know, there was an accident on I-5 and I did not get home till after 7. I decided to do the beginner's body weight work out while I pre-heated the oven to roast some yams and sweet potatoes. I was done with dinner at about 8:15pm. So I chilled a little bit before going to bed. I did go to bed relatively close to eating, so it was kind of lame.

I have to remember that I can't afford the luxury of spontaneity while on the bus and especially after work. From now on, I think my strategy will be to stick to eating dinner at work before heading home. 

Tonight I don't think I will be exercising because I have an appointment after work. 

MUST WAKE UP FOR RUN TOMORROW.

MUST! 

Yeah I find the biggest thing to get used to when not having a car is the lack of spontaneity. Things have to be planned. Groceries, obtained. But it gets easier by the week. DO THAT RUN TOMORROW! (I'll planning on doing a workout tomorrow morning as well.)

sicil

Level 4 Xeph Assassin

STR 6.5 | DEX 15 | STA 12 | CON 10.5 | WIS 9.5 | CHA 8.5

Current Challenge: Lucky In Love

#4 Finding Zen#3: Preparations For Battle | #2: Ninja School | #1: Lapsed Ninja

"You're welcome on my boat. God ain't." - Firefly

Important Information

New here? Please check out our Privacy Policy and Community Guidelines