DENIED!   :D

hehehehe 

kitten_in_a_tophat_by_peaches87564.jpg

We probably live in totally different parts of the country, but I've seen Gwaltney bacon other places.  On the East Coast, I know it's available at Giant Food which is an East Coast grocery store chain.  I haven't looked for it in years, and have no idea what the ingredient list is.

I am researching the availability of Gwaltney's in the West Coast. I love bacon so much. 

Did you manage to get up and go for the run today?

I have promised myself that I will go to the gym and workout tomorrow. It will be done!

Level 4 Ranger

[sTR] 5 [DEX] 5 [sTA] 7 [CON] 8.5 [WIS] 10 [CHA] 8

Current Challenge

Previous challengesFirst challengeSecond Challenge,Third ChallengeFourth Challenge

"Don't waste time on jealousy because sometimes you are ahead and sometimes you are behind, but in the end the

race is long and it's only ever with yourself"

DENIED +1 

You will be great!

Thank you, KingLeeroy <3

Yeah I just passed the 'quitting' period.  I'm more committed than ever.  You can do this.  And dinner at work?  that sounds lame =/  but I guess you gotta do what you gotta do.

Dinner at work isn't as bad as it sounds. I just go to the breakroom and eat after I clock off. Everyone is usually done with their day by that time- which is awesome because it is nice and quiet. :) 

Did you manage to get up and go for the run today?

I have promised myself that I will go to the gym and workout tomorrow. It will be done!

I did get my bum up this morning for a run :) Yay to having accountability! What will your focus be at the gym tomorrow? 

I did get my bum up this morning for a run :) Yay to having accountability! What will your focus be at the gym tomorrow? 

Yeeesh! As did I! Hurray for synchronized running! :D

sicil

Level 4 Xeph Assassin

STR 6.5 | DEX 15 | STA 12 | CON 10.5 | WIS 9.5 | CHA 8.5

Current Challenge: Lucky In Love

#4 Finding Zen#3: Preparations For Battle | #2: Ninja School | #1: Lapsed Ninja

"You're welcome on my boat. God ain't." - Firefly

HUh. The scalp thing seems a bit odd, makes me think of eczema which is tied to dairy intake. Hopefully, the diet change will help dramatically. I'm interested to see how it goes. I don't blame you for having sadness over loosing dairy and sugar, I am a cheese freak and would have a hard time without it. And ice cream, oh how I would miss ice cream!

You are inspiring, my dear. Keep up the great work!

CB3 Warrior Status 

Battle Log

"So do all who live to see such times, but that is not for them to decide.

All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us." Gandalf

Warrior Level 3

STR 9 DEX 4 STA 5 CON 5 WIS 8 CHA 9

Howdy, I noticed a convo about bacon and sausage.   Applegate Farms makes an uncured bacon (no sugar, no nothing in it) that you can get at New Seasons or Haggen.  At Super WalMart the other day I found Hormel Natural Choice bacon which has salt and "turbinado sugar" which is better than white sugar. But still sugar, I know.

The Applegate Farms bacon is amazing, it cooks up a little softer than traditional bacon, which is good because I don't like hard bacon.  It also doesn't splatter as much and makes less grease.  Makes me realize that additives in regular bacon were creating the mess in my pan.

Howdy, I noticed a convo about bacon and sausage.   Applegate Farms makes an uncured bacon (no sugar, no nothing in it) that you can get at New Seasons or Haggen.  At Super WalMart the other day I found Hormel Natural Choice bacon which has salt and "turbinado sugar" which is better than white sugar. But still sugar, I know.

The Applegate Farms bacon is amazing, it cooks up a little softer than traditional bacon, which is good because I don't like hard bacon.  It also doesn't splatter as much and makes less grease.  Makes me realize that additives in regular bacon were creating the mess in my pan.

I looked at teh Applegate Farms website http://www.applegate.com/products/bacon/category  All the bacons there have sugar.  Evaporated Cane Syrup is listed in all of then.

""sensitive scalp;" which is a dry yet oily scalp that itches and hurts"

Oh, that's a thing?  Damn, I have that too pretty bad. And I don't seem to scratch my head as much now.  I think I posted the other day on my thread that it seemed my skin and hair were less greasy.

and a quick note on applegate- I think they also use soem sort of celery-sugar as well. I can't be 100% certain, but I vaguely remember searching applegate.

hehehehe 

I am researching the availability of Gwaltney's in the West Coast. I love bacon so much. 

Sicil said Kirkland bacon is sugar free too.  Do any of your groceries carry that brand?

Level 4 Lycan Adventurer

STR:  11.5 | DEX: 6.5 | STA: 12.75 | CON: 7.0 | WIS: 9.5 | CHA: 5

Intro & Challenge Summary

Challenges:   1  2  3  4  5  6 7

Strength is the capacity to break a chocolate bar into four pieces with your bare hands - and then eat just one of the pieces.

Judith Viorst

HUh. The scalp thing seems a bit odd, makes me think of eczema which is tied to dairy intake. Hopefully, the diet change will help dramatically. I'm interested to see how it goes. I don't blame you for having sadness over loosing dairy and sugar, I am a cheese freak and would have a hard time without it. And ice cream, oh how I would miss ice cream!

You are inspiring, my dear. Keep up the great work!

I'm wondering if it is the dairy too. I think it also ties into stress as well because I find myself scratching my scalp more when I get overwhelmed. Thank you for your kindness! <3 

This is seriously why it's so nice to do workouts in the morning :)

Exactly! Otherwise I make up excuses on why not to work out during the day and I am sooooo crafty! 

I looked and scoured and looked again but could not find any bacon without sugars. I went with prosciutto. :D :D I'm a little piglet. 

I looked at teh Applegate Farms website http://www.applegate.com/products/bacon/category  All the bacons there have sugar.  Evaporated Cane Syrup is listed in all of then.

yeah- I had no luck finding sugar-free bacon. It was lame- but "settled" with prosciutto. Best choice evar!

""sensitive scalp;" which is a dry yet oily scalp that itches and hurts"

Oh, that's a thing?  Damn, I have that too pretty bad. And I don't seem to scratch my head as much now.  I think I posted the other day on my thread that it seemed my skin and hair were less greasy.

and a quick note on applegate- I think they also use soem sort of celery-sugar as well. I can't be 100% certain, but I vaguely remember searching applegate.

ooh! Awesome :) My scalp is a freaking mess sometimes. I'm excited to see how the new eating thing manifests itself in regards to my skin. I have noticed that the swelling on my right foot/ankle is not as bad as it used to be. Now that's weird. 

Sicil said Kirkland bacon is sugar free too.  Do any of your groceries carry that brand?

I think Cotsco carries kirkland- I am thinking of having my boss get me some when she goes to Costco, but I am not sure. I should sub bacon for vegetables. :-\

Heyo! 

Week 1 Recap: 

Side Quest 1: Whole 30- PASS

Keeping the whole30 going. It's been not as rough as I thought it would be. I did not get the urge to kill anything, at least not any more than usual. On Saturday I did get super sleepy and went to bed at like 7pm. Last night I also had a dream that I ate salt water taffy. It was as realistic as they describe it in the whole30 timeline. I was super upset with myself and couldn't get over the fact I would have to start the whole30 over. I don't even care for saltwater taffy, but I did enjoy it a lot in my dream. Yesterday I also ate a lot. I couldn't stop eating. Today I am trying to go without snacks between meals. I am feeling pretty full from all the protein I am eating. Yesterday I also made kale. Ewwwwww. It was actually pretty delicious. I just sauteed it with garlic and threw in some mushrooms. Yum. 
Side Quest 2: Lift- B

Last week I felt kind of drained of energy and could not get my bum out of bed to run so I did a lot of the daily dozen workouts and the BBWWO to make up for it. Yesterday I did the daily dozen work outs twice and managed to do about 5 regular and 30 on the knee push-ups. This coming week I think I want to get back to running three times a week and doing the daily dozen or BBWWO twice a week. 

Life Quest: Budget- Uh oh. 

Soooooooo.....budgeting this week kind of went out the window. I spent a lot of money this week. I went a little bit hog-wild looking for bacon and ending up with prosciutto, then I went nuts on that and ate a whole bunch of it. 

I think I need to change my strategy for shopping. Currently I have been going to the store a couple of times a week or so and I think that is where I end up spending a lot of money. In the grand-scheme of things, I should be able to spend $25 on protein and $25 on vegetables per week without a problem. The only issue with that was purchasing ingredients to make sauces or oils. I spend about $6 on coconut aminos for a recipe and I think that not adding that into my expenses is what will trip me up. 

Lame. 

Well, this is another week and another chance to redeem myself. :D 

Nice job this week! The kale adventure sounds fun. There are so many delicious things to do with kale...

$50/week for food for one person on a paleo diet is somewhat ambitious, but I think it can be done. Do you mind telling us what your total for this week was?

I agree with you that for money saving purposes, it's better to do the week's shopping all at once rather than interspersed throughout the week. It forces you to plan more, and to get creative with what you have instead of eating on whims.

Class and Profession: Level 23 Borg Queen 

Nice job this week! The kale adventure sounds fun. There are so many delicious things to do with kale...

$50/week for food for one person on a paleo diet is somewhat ambitious, but I think it can be done. Do you mind telling us what your total for this week was?

I agree with you that for money saving purposes, it's better to do the week's shopping all at once rather than interspersed throughout the week. It forces you to plan more, and to get creative with what you have instead of eating on whims.

Thank you :)

Last night I discovered the greatness of shallots! 

I ended up spending twice my budgeted amount last week, yep: $100! Some of the food/spices is going to this week, so I don't feel so terrible, but still. You hit a very good point home in regards to eating on whims. I think I did that too much last week. I like eating burger patties with tomatoes and avocados. Last week I ate that 4 times- which really broke the bank. I also went to New Seasons and well, that is just such a bad idea when I trying to live on budget. 

Good lesson learned.

Day 9--- or something. 

Omg! If the weird dreams could please stop! 

Last night I dreamt that I ate a whole cake and it was followed by extreme guilt and repeating to myself that I would have to start the whole30 all over again and how could I have done that to myself. 

I rarely remember my dreams and these hyper-realistic dreams of treats and guilt are insanity! 

Cakeface_b0d2da_2512792.jpg

Thank you :)

Last night I discovered the greatness of shallots! 

I ended up spending twice my budgeted amount last week, yep: $100! Some of the food/spices is going to this week, so I don't feel so terrible, but still. You hit a very good point home in regards to eating on whims. I think I did that too much last week. I like eating burger patties with tomatoes and avocados. Last week I ate that 4 times- which really broke the bank. I also went to New Seasons and well, that is just such a bad idea when I trying to live on budget. 

Good lesson learned.

Ah, I've blown that much money on groceries before. Keep in mind this is 'startup week' - you'll use some of those ingredients into the next few weeks, if not more.

sicil

Level 4 Xeph Assassin

STR 6.5 | DEX 15 | STA 12 | CON 10.5 | WIS 9.5 | CHA 8.5

Current Challenge: Lucky In Love

#4 Finding Zen#3: Preparations For Battle | #2: Ninja School | #1: Lapsed Ninja

"You're welcome on my boat. God ain't." - Firefly

haha yup, I had cake eating dreams too.  Only a couple.  Also had one where I ate a candy bar or something.  Both real enough i woke up thinking I actually ate them.  I swear exactly the same as you felt there.

it's so freaking weeeeeird! They are by far the most realistic dreams I have ever had. 

Ah, I've blown that much money on groceries before. Keep in mind this is 'startup week' - you'll use some of those ingredients into the next few weeks, if not more.

Yes- especially the coconut aminos and stuff. I also have eggs and Brussels sprouts to last me through the week.  yay :)  

Hey,

$100 dollars on food for a week is actually not that bad. It's easy to do while eating paleo. Spices and flavorings can be pricey, but boy are they worth it...

I did a quick calculation, and here's what I think: If you want to spend $25/meat per week, and eat about a pound of meat a day, you'll want to buy meat that is about $3.57/lb... in other words, any sort of chicken, some types of pork, and certain ground beef is what you should target at the grocery store. Trader Joes has really good deals on chicken. Safeway or Fred Meyer will have ground meat and pork chops in your budget. Trader joes has the best deals on eggs.

Sorry if this seems like too much, but I love doing these types of calculations. I'm sure you'll find your own way of doing it that works well for you. :)

Class and Profession: Level 23 Borg Queen 

Hey,

$100 dollars on food for a week is actually not that bad. It's easy to do while eating paleo. Spices and flavorings can be pricey, but boy are they worth it...

I did a quick calculation, and here's what I think: If you want to spend $25/meat per week, and eat about a pound of meat a day, you'll want to buy meat that is about $3.57/lb... in other words, any sort of chicken, some types of pork, and certain ground beef is what you should target at the grocery store. Trader Joes has really good deals on chicken. Safeway or Fred Meyer will have ground meat and pork chops in your budget. Trader joes has the best deals on eggs.

Sorry if this seems like too much, but I love doing these types of calculations. I'm sure you'll find your own way of doing it that works well for you. :)

omg! Yeah! I love that you calculated that for me. It is so awesome and helfpul. I'm going to Trader Joe's this afternoon and will keep my eye out on the chicken because I am making that tonight. 

Thank you so much :) 

Important Information

New here? Please check out our Privacy Policy and Community Guidelines