Will you stop clowning around and do something!?

Update time for you good people.  

The 12 RAKs of Christmas was, once again, successful.  The 24th was a busy day for us, but in the hubbub of it all, I managed to find a way to help someone out.  Gas station was surprisingly quiet.  Gas was cheap ($1.79!) and we were on our way to the in laws.  Saw the South Dakota plates on the family car next to us.  I went up and started talking to the father who was filling up.  They are passing through to get to Chicago for Christmas with his family.  I told him that I'd like to help him get there and I'd like to pay for his fill up.  I told him to top it the whole way and ran my card in his pump.  Fun times.  11 done.

Christmas morning.  A fun time for all of us.  Presents unwrapped, eggnog french toast served, kids happy.  A good morning.  We get ready to head to my mom's for a lunch with my grandma's and my parents.  We stop on our way over at the fire station.  Ring the bell and recognize the FF who opens the door for us as one of my brother's buddies.  He was supposed to be off today, but was covering for someone.  Nice guy.  The kids love visiting the fire house.  They enjoy seeing the trucks and their live heroes.  We make some small talk and I have the kids hand over a dozen Caribou (MN coffee shop) gift cards for the crew working that day.  Feels good to give back to those who serve our community.  I did the same thing last year, but I want the tradition to continue.  12 out of 12.  

Christmas afternoon, my son started feeling sluggish.  By the time the cousins are over and we're having dinner, he's saying that his stomach is hurting.  We leave a little earlier than normal and try to make him comfortable.  Pretty sleepless night.  He's mostly a zombie from lack of sleep Saturday and has another bad night Sunday.  Took him to Urgent Care Saturday, because the last time this happened, it was Strep.  Culture came back normal and we're not really sure what's wrong.  At this point, I'm thinking he's pretty constipated, thus the pain.  Just got the update from the wife.  Says JJ is feeling a little better, but still sluggish.  Needs to eat something, I think.  

I hope everyone has a fine end to 2015.  

• Like 2

Level 2 Warforged Druid

STR: 2, DEX: 1, STA: 3, CON: 3, WIS: 2, CHA: 3

"If these people tell this story to their children as they sleep; then maybe someday they'll see a hero is just a man who knows he is free."

Good night and joy be to you all ~Jitters The. Clown

Current Challange: New Challenges Ahead!

Battle Log: Clowning around daily

Past Challenges: Leveling Up PvP Jump Rope Boss Continue? System Failure Systems Online Calling Rush Confirm Reset Select World Select Difficulty, Select Character, Repairs, Press Start, First Timer, Jump Rope PVP Challenge

Thanks.  JJ is up and down.  I think he's on the mend, but I am starting to feel like crap.  

Level 2 Warforged Druid

"If these people tell this story to their children as they sleep; then maybe someday they'll see a hero is just a man who knows he is free."

Past Challenges: Leveling Up PvP Jump Rope Boss Continue? System Failure Systems Online Calling Rush Confirm Reset Select World Select Difficulty, Select Character, Repairs, Press Start, First Timer, Jump Rope PVP Challenge

For those who enjoy following challenges, my new one is here.

Level 2 Warforged Druid

I think challenges are too much for me right now.  I think I will stick with the ol' Log of Battle for now.  

Got some Yoga in last night.  My body need so much more of that.  I am tight all over and I can feel everywhere today.  

I'm doing alright with eating, though I'm still struggling with quantities.  I'm in it for the long haul though.

Make it a great day everyone!

• Like 1

Level 2 Warforged Druid

And in reading the Random thread, I have been inspired to get out the practice chanter and start on my bagpipe training.  

• Like 1

Level 2 Warforged Druid

Shoveling counts as a workout, right?  We got 6-8 inches in the last 24 hours and some is still coming down.  My back and arms are a bit sore today.

home_monster_drift.jpg
Ok, not that bad, but still...  a good amount of snow.  

• Like 2

Level 2 Warforged Druid

Shoveling counts as a workout, right?  We got 6-8 inches in the last 24 hours and some is still coming down.  My back and arms are a bit sore today.

home_monster_drift.jpg

Ok, not that bad, but still...  a good amount of snow.  

I'd wager 8" - 10" at our place.  At least it was light and fluffy stuff here and not that super wet heavy junk.  Still took me an hour fifteen to shovel this morning.  

• Like 1

The light stuff does shovel easier, but I think a new shovel is in order for me.  Something that won't have me bent over so much.

Level 2 Warforged Druid

Deadpool in 7 minutes.

• Like 4

Level 2 Warforged Druid

Time to ramble!

I've been listening to a lot of Walk off the Earth recently. They do a lot of fun covers.  One of their best known was when all 5 members played "Somebody That I Used to Know" on one guitar. Their cover of "Happy" is great as well.  

What I've noticed is I enjoy their versions a lot more than originals on average.  Maroon 5's "Payphone", Adele's "Hello" and Rihanna's "Man Down" are a few good examples.  They have a number of good originals as well. "Hold On (The Break)", "Gang of Rhythm" (my kids favorite) and "Summer Vibe" are some to check out.  

I never really thought covers were much better than the originals until I really got into them.  

Have a good weekend everyone.  Find some good music and enjoy it.  

• Like 2

Level 2 Warforged Druid

They are.  I sent an email on behalf of my 4 year old daughter and Sarah (or a representative) was kind enough to reply.  Made Jitter Bug's whole year. 

• Like 2

Level 2 Warforged Druid

I really want to see one of their shows.  I think it would be a lot of fun.

Speaking of fun.  Went to the Wild game last night.  Hockey for those of you who don't sports.  They were able to secure their place in the playoffs against the Colorado Avalanche.  I was asked to participate one of the games between periods.  I won chicken.  Both inflatable and real.  

Victory pose

tumblr_o3f1ejNwes1skbydco3_540.jpg

This is Walter
tumblr_o3f1ejNwes1skbydco2_540.jpg

• Like 1

Level 2 Warforged Druid

Name 5.  They put up celebrities and had us name them.  Most guessed right wins.  It was fun because both of our 5's were Matt Damon, including:
tumblr_inline_nurs5294nI1qzq0wc_500.gif

Then the tie breaker was
tumblr_o3f1ejNwes1skbydco1_540.jpg

Level 2 Warforged Druid

tumblr_o2stjchBGu1tewobjo1_500.gif

What a ride.

So, long story short; I bought a house last Friday.  

Short story long; It was something that was going to happen next year (after I used up all my damn stained glass so I wouldn't have to move as much...) and after careful consideration and research into the market, we decided "why not?" Enter two months of cleaning, repairing, arguments, sleepless nights, decisions about our children's future education, my wife's working status, questioning if this was a good idea, stressing over inspections, restricted social lives, both kids' birthday parties and other fun things.  Our old house sold in 8 days and for a considerable amount over our asking price.  It's a good time to sell, I guess.  We found a house south of the cities that is more than twice the finished square footage, 4 times the yard and a two car garage.  And it has a pool.  I still need to ride my unicycle into it...  

So why come back now and bother all of you good people?  Our resident bad-ass Terminator @Guzzi reached out to me a few days ago.  If you haven't met her yet, and I'd be surprised, she is someone who I would walk through hell with because she was collecting on a  £ 2 bet with the devil.  Seriously, look her up and read in awe of her dedication and never say die attitude.  She made me realize that I am happier when I am posting here supporting you all.  I think the new format scared me off a bit, but I will be changing that as I get my interwebs running tonight at the new place.  

So, Jitters is back, Guzzi is to blame thank and we're going to have some fun.

tumblr_lqwcwu0EfY1r1rvcno1_500.gif

• Like 2

Level 2 Warforged Druid

So here I am... Minding my own business, trying to mentally prepare for yet another new school year, at yet another new school, and teaching yet another new grade level... And my email starts-a-buzzin'!! I look at it and see something QUITE unexpected! Someone has actually posted on a thread that I follow! And not only that, it's to deliver GREAT news! Welcome back my friend! ❤️

• Like 1

Level 6.5 Female Druid/Celtic Goddess
(Str. - 14) (Dex. - 10) (Sta. - 11) (Con. - 10) (Wis. - 11) (Char. - 13)

My Most Recent Challenge!

Spoiler

Awake every morning and do your best to follow this daily To-Do List:

1. Think Positively 2. Eat Healthy 3. Exercise Today. 4. Worry Less. 5. Work Hard. 6. Laugh Often. 7. Sleep Well.

Then? Repeat...

"Promise me you will always remember: You are braver than you believe, stronger than you seem, and smarter than you think."
RIP C.H. aka. TexasToast