Will you stop clowning around and do something!?

Possibly because it's not the first time it's happened and I've mentioned it or because you've followed some of my content before and know how I roll. :D

How has your move treated you?

Level 2 Warforged Druid

STR: 2, DEX: 1, STA: 3, CON: 3, WIS: 2, CHA: 3

"If these people tell this story to their children as they sleep; then maybe someday they'll see a hero is just a man who knows he is free."

Good night and joy be to you all ~Jitters The. Clown

Current Challange: New Challenges Ahead!

Battle Log: Clowning around daily

Past Challenges: Leveling Up PvP Jump Rope Boss Continue? System Failure Systems Online Calling Rush Confirm Reset Select World Select Difficulty, Select Character, Repairs, Press Start, First Timer, Jump Rope PVP Challenge

Today's soundtrack is Moana.  Kids finally got me to watch it this weekend and I thought it was really good.  We got the soundtrack and Jitter Bug loves dancing to it.  Now it's stuck in my head, so I'm sticking it in other heads at work.  Take that, co-workers!

Level 2 Warforged Druid

"If these people tell this story to their children as they sleep; then maybe someday they'll see a hero is just a man who knows he is free."

Past Challenges: Leveling Up PvP Jump Rope Boss Continue? System Failure Systems Online Calling Rush Confirm Reset Select World Select Difficulty, Select Character, Repairs, Press Start, First Timer, Jump Rope PVP Challenge

o3J9KoA.gif

I got a PR on my deadlift this week.  165 lbs!  Feeling good about that.  

• Like 1

Level 2 Warforged Druid

HIMD2.gif

I'm trying.  

Looks like my next workout wont be until Sunday.  We're going to a wine tasting tonight and painting tomorrow before the Daddy/Daughter dance. 
tumblr_inline_mmpxi0bGWK1qz4rgp.gif

Looking forward to the weekend.  Been a long week at work.  

• Like 1

Level 2 Warforged Druid

So, yeah... I missed my 3rd workout of the week.  Busy weekend for us.  Finished painting the kids' rooms and my arms weren't looking for anything to do.  Oh well.  I'll get it this week for sure.  I see that I missed the first week of the challenge.  If I can get something down today, I'll get a 3 week challenge going, but there are no promises on that.  Stay tuned for more.

• Like 1

Level 2 Warforged Druid

hjRn2ZM.gif

Level 2 Warforged Druid

Today's workout summery:

Deadlift - 3x5x185

Squat - 2x10x95

Plank - 45 seconds

Run - 5 minutes

Feeling good today.  

• Like 2

Level 2 Warforged Druid

latest?cb=20111202041115

Jitter Bug is going through a growth spurt and her legs were hurting last night.  Kept me awake for a large portion of it.  Might move the gym from tonight to tomorrow.  Happy Friday everyone!

• Like 1

Level 2 Warforged Druid

tumblr_mah0rgblb21qakrdzo1_r2_500.gif

Went to the gym on Friday.  Hit some good numbers overall. Felt like a boss

giphy.gif

Deadlift:

2x5x185

1x5x225

Squat:

3x10x135

Plank:

45 seconds

Saturday was the MN Craft Beer Festival.  Some really good brews this year.  The line prior to opening went from one end of the convention center to the other, out the door and down to the end of the block. We (Pizzazz, my step father, and myself) figured it'd be an hour before we got to the front of the line and started getting our drink on.  Turns out, 15 minutes is all it took. Good times there

Sunday was somewhat productive. Got some bushes moved from inside our pool area where they get no sun at all to along the outer fence that will give them sun and block a neighbors ugly wooden compost structure.  Go me.  After lunch, the kids went with their grandparents to a middle school play and dinner while Pizzazz and I went on an adventure date for our anniversary.  We went to Can Can Wonderland, but the noise level and hour wait to play mini-golf was too much for us.  We bopped next door to Black Stack Brewery and had a flight. Nothing special to report on that, really.  Basic beers.  After that, we drove to the Mall of America and decided to ride the zip-line.  We had a zip-line adventure in Jamaica and decided why not.  It was fun. A bit of thrills is always a good thing. Did a bit of shopping after and had a nice dinner of just appetizers and milk shakes before heading home.  Kids had fun with grandparents and got ready for bed.  Jitters Junior got up about a half hour later complaining he was feeling like he was going to throw up. Got him settled and Pizzazz was getting a huge headache.  Likely because we were out of our regular coffee and I had to make decaf that morning. Early bed for her and I stayed up a little too late playing Lego Marvel Super Heroes on the PS3. 

Not sure what this week is going to bring, but it's the week before Spring Break for the kids.  

giphy.gif

• Like 1

Level 2 Warforged Druid

b0Piwc.gif

Lifting this morning was fun. My arms didn't come off as the gif above would have you believe, but I did drop my last deadlift...  Fortunately, there are very few people at 4:30 in the morning

Deadlift:

2x5x185

1x5x225

Squat:

3x10x135

Plank:

50 seconds

Did some legs today as well.  Lunges, stretching, etc... Feeling like this guy

7ecTH.gif

Alight, time to scare up some business at work today.

funny-gif-clown-prank.gif

Be good to each other

• Like 1

Level 2 Warforged Druid

Today's workout went well enough.  I couldn't get 5 up for my last set of deadlifts, but I was close.

Deadlifts:

2x5x185

1x4x225

Squats:

3x10x145 - PR!

Plank:

60 seconds

y3SK2Gy.gif

• Like 1

Level 2 Warforged Druid

And it's Monday again. Funny how that seems to happen every week...

I had my workout on Saturday morning. It went well, though there were more people at the gym than I'm use to seeing

Deadlift: 

1x5x225

2x5x185

Squat:

3x10x145

Plank:

1 min, 15 sec

Felt pretty good.  After the gym, got ready for the day and drove the chaser car to help out my step dad get their camper fixed. Got home and went to work in the yard. Got a fence gate installed where there was just a fence before. Leveled out a low spot in the front yard and seeded.  Got some seed down in the back as well. Added some handles to the privacy fence gates to make it easier for the kids to get in.  Still more to do, but it was a good start. Back was sore after that, though and enjoyed a low key night in.  Yesterday was some shopping for shoes and to look at a deck box for pool toys. And Jitter Bug brought some of her own money to buy something for herself. She was so proud to hand over her own money. 
Today is kind of tired and busy at work. Kids are on Spring Break, so they are likely going to do some fun things. Might even get a lunch with them. That's always fun.

• Like 1

Level 2 Warforged Druid

22 hours ago, The Most Loathed said:

Happy Day of Birth (yesterday)!

Thanks. I feel more like I leveled up. The kids made me some art for my walls at work. Wife got a watch case for my growing collection. 

• Like 1

Level 2 Warforged Druid

Thanks, Hatter. Sorry it's taken me so long to reply. Busy few weeks in Jitterslandia. 

Level 2 Warforged Druid

At the beginning of this month, @The Most Loathed posted that he was selling some of his weights, a squat rack, a barbell, and some misc items. It made me realize my gym time is spent using a bar for either deadlifts or squats, and I decided to investigate. It was too good of a deal to pass up. So, Jitters Junior and I stopped by one sunny morning and loaded it all up. Here we are two weeks later and while I haven't set up the rack yet, JJ and I have used the bar and weights for some home workouts. He's really enjoying having a home gym. A big thank you to The Most Loathed for that transaction. 

I've been slacking on keeping good food coming in, and so I've been a little lethargic recently. Needing to clean that up a lot. I had a tough week last week. Was prepping for camp with the cub scouts. I was in charge of food for the weekend and the advancements, so I was a bit busy. On top of that, my niece had her graduation party that Sunday and I was making a couple of slideshow movies for her. Went fine until I found that my PC is old and the saved files wouldn't play on any of the newer machines. Pizzazz to the rescue on the day before. She ran home and got them done perfectly. 

I'm still attempting to destress from last week. I'm still feeling like I should be prepping for something coming up, but there's nothing big right now. I need to get some meditation in. It's been a while. 

Be kind to each other!

• Like 2

Level 2 Warforged Druid

Tomorrow, my little Jitter Bug will turn 6. She is planning a pool party for some of her friends on Friday, so we're prepping for that. The family comes over on Saturday. Sunday is my cousin's graduation party and that takes care of my weekend. Should be fun. 

Jitters Junior and I are setting up the basement for the new lifting equipment we have. The first part of this was to get the space cleaned out and that included removing an old stove (from the 60's) and capping off a gas line. Good times. Floor mats are down and we're deciding where things should go. It's fun for us. I'll try to get some pictures up soon. 

• Like 2

Level 2 Warforged Druid

Well, that was an interesting weekend.

ltwmsxE.gif

Mostly, it was a pretty good party weekend. 

Friday saw me at the doctors office for my yearly physical. Standard stuff, really, but a new location and doctor closer to home. Doctor was good. Asked for my yearly diabetes check that turns up nothing (long family history of it) and low and behold, I've now officially been diagnosed with it. Not too bad on the scale of things. They consider a 6.4 blood sugar reading to be diabetic. I was at 6.8. Instead of insulin, I'm being prescribed a daily pill to help manage. My doctor mentioned that most people have a fairly severe reaction to this for the first two weeks, but then level out. I'm not looking forward to that part, but you do what you have to, right? So, go home with the news to the wife. We agree to figure out more once I know more about things I need to do and move on with our night.

We decide on a whim to hit up the local minor league baseball game with the kids. We are sitting out on the berm past left field. Lots of fun. Kids get mini-doughnuts and ice cream. And we get to stay for fireworks. Got out right before the storm passed through. Good timing. 

Saturday, we hit up a buddies BBQ for a while and play some yard games while eating some awesome food. We take off a bit early so the kids can go with my mom and aunt to go see some races, including the school bus races. They got to stay for fireworks and had a blast. Didn't get home until midnight 30. While they were doing that, Pizzazz and I went to a winery about a half hour south of us. We tried some of there wine at a tasting about a month ago and decided to try it. Not bad. Not spectacular, but we didn't feel like we wasted our time going. We hit up Hastings on our way back for dinner. Apparently, there was a car show going on. We walked around and looked at the old cars. Not being car people, it was fun, but not our thing. It did mean there was no waiting for a table at the restaurant. Always a plus. Dinner was a really good open face roast beef sandwich. And more wine. Because we could. 

Sunday the 4 of us went to the in law's lake place for the day. Fishing and kayaking and fireworks (oh my). And a lot of good food options. Again, a late night for all of us (seeing a trend?). I mistakenly thought the kids would pass out on the hour and a half ride home. They were all a-chatter about the fun we had and plans for our next trip up there. They weren't bickering like the sometimes do, so I take it as a win.

Monday we did something and I'm having a hard time remembering what it was... We swam because we could... Oh yeah! We went to the drive in. The twin cities is down to one drive in now, so it can get busy. We made it through Despicable Me 3 and only part of Wonder Woman before the kids started to get headaches and we packed up. They made it to 1am, so that was pretty impressive. During DM3, there were a lot of fireworks from surrounding towns. It was fun to watch them too. Again, a theme is building. 

Yesterday, we were out on my brother in law's boat on the St. Croix river. We had a lot of fun. The trip was cut short when they got a call that their middle child was at a hospital about 4 hours north. He was out on a boat with friends (16 year olds) and one was screwing around on a jet ski and hit the boat. Middle child falls and hits his head, blacks out and needed 9 stitches. We brought their other kids home and the other kids came down to our house a little while later and swam with our kids. Ordered dinner out, but Pizzazz started feeling under the weather while I was out. By the time I got back, she was in bed resting. She stayed there for the rest of the night. Instead of going out to watch our local fireworks, we stayed home, watched the neighborhood light off their own and lit some of our own. Kids picked out The Sandlot for a movie to watch and they were in bed by 11:30. Not as late as most night, but still a late night for kids used to going to bed at 8. 

Now I'm back at work, covering for two other people and looking forward to this weekend. One kid going to camp with my wife and the other going to Mt. Rushmore with my mom and step dad. I'm heading to the Basilica Block Party Saturday night to watch Walk Off the Earth. Not sure what Sunday and Monday will bring. If anyone is around and looking for something to do, let me know.

• Like 1

Level 2 Warforged Druid