Will you stop clowning around and do something!?

On 10/2/2018 at 2:10 PM, Jittersthe.Clown said:

Thank you very much for this song!

Didn't know it! Like Imagine Dragons since Radioactive (which also has a great cover from Pentatonix!) but when I hear Imagine Dragons I feel strong and great and like the queen of the world that could do anything!

Thanks for that feeling right now! :wub:

• Like 2
2 hours ago, Jittersthe.Clown said:

If you get the chance again, you move earth and sky to get there. They do not disappoint. I have Foo Fighters coming up in two weeks. Should be a good one as well. 

Will do! 

I saw Foo Fighters in December last year and OH MY GOSH!!  SO AMAZING!  You will have SO much fun at that concert!

Spoiler

PREVIOUS CHALLENGES

2013: 6/1/13 - 7/24/13 - 9/15/13 - 11/6/13   2014: 1/5/142/19/14 - 4/9/14 - 6/6/14 - 7/24/14 - 9/11/14 - 11/5/14 

2015: 1/2/15 - 2/20/15 - 4/9/15 - 6/2/15 - 9/10/15 - 10/26/15   2016: 1/1/16 - 2/28/16 - 3/28/16 - 6/6/16 - 9/19/16 - 10/26/16 - 11/26/16   

2017: 1/1/17 - 9/17/17   2018: 1/1/18 - 2/5/18 - 8/13/18 - 11/26/18   2019: 1/7/19   2020: 9/13/20

2 hours ago, Arkania said:

Thank you very much for this song!

Didn't know it! Like Imagine Dragons since Radioactive (which also has a great cover from Pentatonix!) but when I hear Imagine Dragons I feel strong and great and like the queen of the world that could do anything!

Thanks for that feeling right now! :wub:

I aim to please. Glad I can make your day a little better.

1 hour ago, LittleTurtle said:

Will do! 

I saw Foo Fighters in December last year and OH MY GOSH!!  SO AMAZING!  You will have SO much fun at that concert!

Any time I get a chance for Foo Fighters, I take it. David Grohl is my spirit animal. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Level 2 Warforged Druid

STR: 2, DEX: 1, STA: 3, CON: 3, WIS: 2, CHA: 3

"If these people tell this story to their children as they sleep; then maybe someday they'll see a hero is just a man who knows he is free."

Good night and joy be to you all ~Jitters The. Clown

Current Challange: New Challenges Ahead!

Battle Log: Clowning around daily

Past Challenges: Leveling Up PvP Jump Rope Boss Continue? System Failure Systems Online Calling Rush Confirm Reset Select World Select Difficulty, Select Character, Repairs, Press Start, First Timer, Jump Rope PVP Challenge

11 hours ago, Jittersthe.Clown said:

David Grohl is my spirit animal. 

giphy.gif

SAME!  

• Like 1
Spoiler

PREVIOUS CHALLENGES

2013: 6/1/13 - 7/24/13 - 9/15/13 - 11/6/13   2014: 1/5/142/19/14 - 4/9/14 - 6/6/14 - 7/24/14 - 9/11/14 - 11/5/14 

2015: 1/2/15 - 2/20/15 - 4/9/15 - 6/2/15 - 9/10/15 - 10/26/15   2016: 1/1/16 - 2/28/16 - 3/28/16 - 6/6/16 - 9/19/16 - 10/26/16 - 11/26/16   

2017: 1/1/17 - 9/17/17   2018: 1/1/18 - 2/5/18 - 8/13/18 - 11/26/18   2019: 1/7/19   2020: 9/13/20

Continuing the Imagine Dragons train, here's one that came up this morning on my drive in

I used the audio one because their official video is over 11 minutes long... 

This one speaks to me on a very personal level. I have had the good fortune to have married an amazing woman that I have known since '96. I was going down a path that I shouldn't have and because of her, I was able to get off and find a better way. She knew me during my absolute worst and has stayed with me in spite of all of it. She makes me want to be a better person and makes it easier to do just that. She supports even my craziest ideas. I strive at and struggle with being worth someone else's time and energy. The line that gets me every time is this: "So thank you for taking a chance on me. I know it isn't easy, but I hope to be worth it". 

• Like 2

Level 2 Warforged Druid

"If these people tell this story to their children as they sleep; then maybe someday they'll see a hero is just a man who knows he is free."

Past Challenges: Leveling Up PvP Jump Rope Boss Continue? System Failure Systems Online Calling Rush Confirm Reset Select World Select Difficulty, Select Character, Repairs, Press Start, First Timer, Jump Rope PVP Challenge

Music, music, music. I adore music. It allows expression when words fail. It brings out emotions that I thought long suppressed. I bond with others over it and find wisdom in it. Music guides me through this life. I get a bit anxious without it for too long. Sometimes, it just allows me to release stress and smile because of the absurdity of it. Music moves me. 

When I saw this video, I was pretty psyched. I remember the hype when Outkast released the song and thought it was catchy, but not much more than that. Now I find it fun. Walk off the Earth makes a lot of previously unpalatable songs much better. Earlier this year, we brought our kids (11 and 7 years old now) to their first non-orchestra concert. We all took a road trip to Madison, WI to see Walk off the Earth play. And because it was their first show, we got front row VIP tickets. They had an absolute blast and have made lists of artists they want to see live. We're seeing Foo Fighters on Thursday... 

• Like 1

Level 2 Warforged Druid

Walk off the earth is so cool!

FIrst time I heard them was with that:

And I like this a lot:

And +1 for everything you say about music!

Do you know Pentatonix?

4 hours ago, Arkania said:

I'm partial to the Key of Awesome parody of this one:

• Haha 2

Active challenges: Spring Respawn: Winter Blues to Summer Bod | Walk to Mordor - (spreadsheet) | DailyDare | Weight Loss PVP 10/12 lbs in 10/12 weeks - (spreadsheet)

2023-24 threads: Challenge VIII | IX | X | XI | XII | XIII | XIV | XV | XVI | XVII | XVIII

2018-19 & 2021 threads: Battle log | Challenge I | IIIIIIV | V | VI | VII

On 10/16/2018 at 8:34 AM, Arkania said:

Walk off the earth is so cool!

FIrst time I heard them was with that:

And +1 for everything you say about music!

Do you know Pentatonix?

That was my first exposure to WOTE as well. When Sarah sang, I was hooked.

We love Pentatonix in our house. Their rendition of "Mary did you Know" made our countdown to Christmas last year. I expect it will be there again this year. 

My love of Foo Fighters goes waaaay back. I have always loved their live shows. The energy they put out is beyond amazing. And, as fate would have it, I get to see them again from a suite this evening. Should be a fun time. It will be the kids second rock concert. This is my life now...

• Like 2

Level 2 Warforged Druid

Oh what a night.

Late December back in '63...

Wait a minute, that's not right...

Hell of a great show last night. Kids had a blast, wife had a blast, I had mostly a blast. Got home late and was in to work early today. Going to leave early, don't get me wrong, but yeah, gotta make everyone else who went that will show up late look bad. 

Looking forward to some beer with my neighbor tonight down at Spiral Brewery. If any MN peeps wants to take a trip to Hastings, I'll be there. Going to get some jumping in this weekend. Possibly finishing my stained glass panels for my lantern. Playing it fast and loose this weekend. Bring it on!

Level 2 Warforged Druid

Never seen that Foo Fighters video before. Know the song, didn't know the video.

Very obvious homage to the excellent Michael Douglas movie "Falling Down". B)

Active challenges: Spring Respawn: Winter Blues to Summer Bod | Walk to Mordor - (spreadsheet) | DailyDare | Weight Loss PVP 10/12 lbs in 10/12 weeks - (spreadsheet)

2023-24 threads: Challenge VIII | IX | X | XI | XII | XIII | XIV | XV | XVI | XVII | XVIII

2018-19 & 2021 threads: Battle log | Challenge I | IIIIIIV | V | VI | VII

1 hour ago, Mad Hatter said:

Awesome!

It really was

34 minutes ago, Sloth the Enduring said:

Jumping?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Rope. Jumping rope

5 minutes ago, TimovieMan said:

Never seen that Foo Fighters video before. Know the song, didn't know the video.

Very obvious homage to the excellent Michael Douglas movie "Falling Down". B)

It was an excellent movie. Lazy night tomorrow night means "Falling Down" will be watched. Good call

Level 2 Warforged Druid

Foo Fighters.  Walk.

The moment between 3:57 and 4:20...I almost always experience frisson.

Eff, I love that song.

• Like 1
Spoiler

PREVIOUS CHALLENGES

All my plans, ruined. The thought of being lazy and recovering this weekend went right out the window. 

In the best way possible. My weekend was awesome. Went to Spiral Brewing on Friday and ended up back my my neighbor's place watching the MN Wild beat the Dallas Stars. Go Wild!

Saturday morning was productive. Painted the brick back splash in my kitchen. Went to the Science Museum with the family and had a lot of fun. We always do. Saturday evening we were up in Anoka for the "Lights Out Parade" with my two older brothers families. The cousins always have fun hanging out. Brought some glow items for everyone. Got home late. 

Sunday was an afternoon at the Conservatory with my in laws. Great day for it. The Japanese Garden is always a good time too. We are going to look into starting Banzi. 

My son liked how his ears seem to glow in this picture:

20181021_135656.jpg

We went to my parents for dinner that evening and had a lot of fun catching up with them. Went home, got the kids on their homework and they were in bed before 8. I went downstairs and finished my first panel of my lantern. 

20181018_165522.jpg

• Like 2

Level 2 Warforged Druid

It really was. The unexpected outings are always a great time. 

Level 2 Warforged Druid

Powerman 5000. The first band I remember following with such a passion I would drive 12 hours to a show after driving 10 hours back from Canada. I have met the band on several occasions, and even was invited to party with them at a bar after a show. It was always a good time seeing them live. It's been a few years now, but I wonder if I can make a show of theirs again.

• Like 1

Level 2 Warforged Druid

Oh MAN!!  This is a song I had completely forgotten about!  I used to rock out hard core to this!

• Like 1
Spoiler

PREVIOUS CHALLENGES

As well one should when listening. 

Level 2 Warforged Druid

Alright followers. If someone in or near, or can be in Las Vegas on Wed. Nov 7th and would like to attend the Imagine Dragons concert, please let me know by Saturday the 3rd around noonish. I can get two tickets for someone and I am not able to get down there. Message me!

Level 2 Warforged Druid

Had a great weekend. Craft show that was super successful, movie night with my daughter, and dinner at my parents with all of my brothers and their families. Good times. I am about an hour and a half away from heading to the airport to fly to Kentucky for a trade show. It's good to get out and see customers and potentials, but I do end up a bit home sick while I'm away. For the greater good, right? 

• Like 1

Level 2 Warforged Druid