Will you stop clowning around and do something!?

Had another Scout meeting last night and was wiped out from work, so last night really was a nothing. Well, not nothing. Had a good chat with the wife on upcoming things we want to do. Woke up at 1:30 this morning and could not get back to sleep, despite my best efforts. I be tired, yo.

NV20.gif

Level 2 Warforged Druid

STR: 2, DEX: 1, STA: 3, CON: 3, WIS: 2, CHA: 3

"If these people tell this story to their children as they sleep; then maybe someday they'll see a hero is just a man who knows he is free."

Good night and joy be to you all ~Jitters The. Clown

Current Challange: New Challenges Ahead!

Battle Log: Clowning around daily

Past Challenges: Leveling Up PvP Jump Rope Boss Continue? System Failure Systems Online Calling Rush Confirm Reset Select World Select Difficulty, Select Character, Repairs, Press Start, First Timer, Jump Rope PVP Challenge

This weekend was a lot of fun. Took the boat out a couple of times, got a good pi bike ride in (3.14 miles) had some good food and spent some time playing games with the family. Kids are starting their first day of school today and I wish them well. 

Level 2 Warforged Druid

"If these people tell this story to their children as they sleep; then maybe someday they'll see a hero is just a man who knows he is free."

Past Challenges: Leveling Up PvP Jump Rope Boss Continue? System Failure Systems Online Calling Rush Confirm Reset Select World Select Difficulty, Select Character, Repairs, Press Start, First Timer, Jump Rope PVP Challenge

And because I'm aiming to (misbehave) climb a mountain, I felt this was needed:

Level 2 Warforged Druid

I was awake at 3 this morning and couldn't get back to sleep. I did what any rational person would do; I got a workout in. I didn't lift yet today, but I got a few good circuits of a body weight routine in. Yay!

gif-yay-7.gif

Camp planning meeting with the Scouts last night. Dropping JJ off at a meeting tonight and going for a bike ride with Pizzazz while JB is on her virtual Girl Scout meeting. When did we get so busy?

giphy.gif

Day 2 of school sounds like it's going well for the kids. Work is keeping me interested for the entirety of my day. It's Wednesday!

Be kind to each other

Level 2 Warforged Druid

On 8/28/2020 at 5:10 PM, Jittersthe.Clown said:

Just under one year until I will be hiking in the mountains in New Mexico. There is a lot to do to get ready for that. Step one: lose weight. Step two: strengthen body. Step three: increase endurance. Step four: Conquer the mountain. Here we go!

COOL! You absolutely got this!

You are a lot more optimistic than I am about that, Hatter. At the moment, at least. It is something that motivates me, which has been problematic this year. I'm feeling refreshed after a couple weeks of half-assing my workouts. I am excited to see what whole-assing my workouts brings. 

tenor.gif?itemid=3565471

Level 2 Warforged Druid

Went for a bike ride last night. Got 3.15 miles in. Feeling good about it. Lifted with JJ and he's still at his baseline weights. He told me that it's feeling easier to lift, so maybe this weekend, we can try heavier. We'll see how that goes. Props to him for going after it. 

LULt.gif

Tonight is going to be more Scouts and packing for camp this weekend. Might get some cardio in the form of jump rope in. We'll see.

Level 2 Warforged Druid

In case anyone is interested, I'm going to do a challenge. It's been a couple of years, but I need to get a routine down. 

Level 2 Warforged Druid

Went camping this weekend and it was a bit of a mess with reservations and having to move sites the morning after we got there. In the rain. The mess that was didn't really deter the Scouts, it just added a new story. Hiked a lot and am feeling the burn. So, of course I went with my wife on her bike ride last night. We'll see how good of a decision it was. 

200.gif

We are live with the new challenges. If you're in one, happy fitnessing. If not, have a great week!

• Like 1

Level 2 Warforged Druid

Turns out

tenor.gif?itemid=14325474

I could not get anything done workout related yesterday. I'm alright with that, though. I had a Scout meeting and got something that looks like a plan for the start of our Cub Scout year in place. Now we need to execute it. "No plan of operations extends with certainty beyond the first encounter with the enemy's main strength.” 
The enemy in this case is 2020 itself, so, I'm hopeful. :D

• Like 2

Level 2 Warforged Druid

giphy.gif

Level 2 Warforged Druid

Friday has me like
AdorableDistantBarasingha-size_restricte

• Like 2

Level 2 Warforged Druid

The pool is closed for the season, the fence is 95% stained, and we still have one more weekend on the boat. Life is good.

tumblr_inline_mqn28xsOps1qz4rgp.gif

• Like 2

Level 2 Warforged Druid

Went from not being able to get more than 4 hours of sleep to missing two of my morning alarms... Good times

My younger brother's wife had their baby yesterday. We're very excited for them and wish them the best of health. 

First Scout Pack Meeting of the new year is tonight. WeI have some new Scouts that joined, 3 of them siblings. The names were unique enough that they stood out and rang a bell in my head. Asked my wife and she let me know that they are her cousin's kids. Their dad was a Scouter for many years and is excited to get them going in the program. He may be a good leader to take over for me as well. We'll see how this all shakes out. 

giphy-2.gif

Level 2 Warforged Druid

Well, JJ and I did it. We conquered the mountain. 12,441' up and felt great. I am beyond proud of his accomplishments over this summer. Not once did he complain or say he can't do something. He got a touch of altitude sickness on our trek down, but we were able to get him to lower elevation and he recovered in a few hours. It's one thing to hear about the view and see the pictures from the top of the world. It's another thing entirely to experience it firsthand. Go out and experience things my friends. 

20210815_095844.thumb.jpg.213aedeefc10dc706805f04da43441b3.jpg

• Like 1

Level 2 Warforged Druid

giphy.gif?cid=ecf05e47mwt9gqkfdz1xleva6z

• Like 1
Spoiler

PREVIOUS CHALLENGES

2013: 6/1/13 - 7/24/13 - 9/15/13 - 11/6/13   2014: 1/5/142/19/14 - 4/9/14 - 6/6/14 - 7/24/14 - 9/11/14 - 11/5/14 

2015: 1/2/15 - 2/20/15 - 4/9/15 - 6/2/15 - 9/10/15 - 10/26/15   2016: 1/1/16 - 2/28/16 - 3/28/16 - 6/6/16 - 9/19/16 - 10/26/16 - 11/26/16   

2017: 1/1/17 - 9/17/17   2018: 1/1/18 - 2/5/18 - 8/13/18 - 11/26/18   2019: 1/7/19   2020: 9/13/20

Thank you, Turtle. It kicked my ass to be sure, but the accomplishment is well worth it

Level 2 Warforged Druid