Will you stop clowning around and do something!?

All things are possible.  We live the life we want to.  I will change what I do not like.

From my challenge:

Objectives:

Beginner's Bodyweight Workout 3 days a week - no excuses anymore.

- Run at least 9 miles a week..

- Yoga or meditation 4 days a week for at least 10 minutes. 

- Cut out pop and energy drinks completely from my diet. .

Starting Weight: 236    Ending Goal Weight: 220

Starting Waist Size: 40"   Ending Waist Goal Size: 38"

I shall, from time to time, update here.  Tonight, I will put up some photos.  I am going to hold myself to a higher standard for this.  I am kind of excited at the thought of accomplishing these objectives.  Doing so would mean having to mod my clown costumes just before circus this year.  

My outline from week to week would look something like this: (Subject to change based on life events)

Monday: AM Yoga/Meditation and evening BBWW

Tuesday: AM Run and evening Yoga/Meditation

Wednesday: Evening BBWW

Thursday: AM Run and evening Yoga/Meditation

Friday: Evening BBWW

Saturday: AM Yoga/Meditation

Sunday: Rest

We'll see how this goes.

Level 2 Warforged Druid

STR: 2, DEX: 1, STA: 3, CON: 3, WIS: 2, CHA: 3

"If these people tell this story to their children as they sleep; then maybe someday they'll see a hero is just a man who knows he is free."

Good night and joy be to you all ~Jitters The. Clown

Current Challange: New Challenges Ahead!

Battle Log: Clowning around daily

Past Challenges: Leveling Up PvP Jump Rope Boss Continue? System Failure Systems Online Calling Rush Confirm Reset Select World Select Difficulty, Select Character, Repairs, Press Start, First Timer, Jump Rope PVP Challenge

Went for a mile walk at lunch.  Didn't have running gear today, or I might have gone that route.  I am not counting the walking miles towards my 9.  It's just nice to get out when you can.  With summer winding down, it's almost a requirement...
I did have a morning Meditation session for 12 minutes today, so I can check that off.  

Anyone have good ideas for keeping track?  I'm thinking Excel, but maybe there is a better way.  

Level 2 Warforged Druid

"If these people tell this story to their children as they sleep; then maybe someday they'll see a hero is just a man who knows he is free."

Past Challenges: Leveling Up PvP Jump Rope Boss Continue? System Failure Systems Online Calling Rush Confirm Reset Select World Select Difficulty, Select Character, Repairs, Press Start, First Timer, Jump Rope PVP Challenge

I did not expect the beginners body weight workout to kick my butt as hard as it did tonight. Going to make my run a bit harder in the morning.

Level 2 Warforged Druid

http://www.nerdfitness.com/blog/2009/12/09/beginner-body-weight-workout-burn-fat-build-muscle/

My wife got me some ankle and wrist weights for Christmas this past year, so I used those for the rows. I'm hopeful that I am on the right path. I think meditation tomorrow before my run instead of yoga before.

Thanks for the encouragement. It helps a lot

Level 2 Warforged Druid

Running this morning was more of a challenge after the workout last night, but I'm feeling good. My cravings for a red bull are very strong. I just have to get through another day or two and I should be fine. I made some strawberry/kiwi water in case it's just a need to be drinking something.

Day two.

Level 2 Warforged Druid

Today has, thus far, been the hardest for me.  At least mentally.  I expected this, but I was not prepared for it.  I am used to my customers buying me Red Bulls for going above and beyond, as I always do.  Usually they bring in one can, though on occasion, I get a 4 pack.  I haven't had any customer visits this week until this morning.  Apparently, this customer was very impressed with my performance so far and brought in a case of Red Bull for me.  24 cans are now staring at me from my desk.  That's a little over two weeks worth taunting me.  I think I might need to go for a walk.  I don't care that it's raining out.  

My shop gives it's employees a pizza lunch if we go 30 days without injury and that's tomorrow.  I was just asked if I would help hand it out (this is an occasional thing for me being asked).  I'm not opposed to it, but with trying to slim down, sitting in front of pizza for 30 minutes without eating any of it is not going to be fun.  

I couldn't find any focus last night as I tried to meditate, so I had to do a yoga workout instead.  I did it, that's the thing to focus on, right?  Today, for the first time in a little over a year, I have found myself in a genuinely bad mood.  It's thrown my coworkers off, cause last time, they didn't see me till the week after my bad mood.  (Father passed and I took a week off)  I keep thinking of how much better I will feel once I get through this.  It helps, but I wonder if taking a day off might not be such a bad idea.  

Level 2 Warforged Druid

Likely not. Most don't handle it well. I'm the youngest in the office. Maybe I will distribute it to some of my friends on the manufacturing floor.

My last drink was this past Saturday. Working out tonight got my mind off it for a bit

Level 2 Warforged Druid

Last night, I decided to workout with the kids still awake.  They joined me for fitness.  R followed some of the BBWW, but then started his own thing.  C and my wife were just dancing to Daft Punk.  They was moving.  It was fun.  After I finished my first circuit, I asked R, do you know what I do after I finish all of that?  I start again.  I finished the second and asked the same question.  He said, "Start again?" I said, yes, after I drink some water.  I finished my third circuit and asked him again.  He said, in a rather bored voice, "Start again?"  I said "No, I stop.  I'm done and I'm tired."  He gave an overly exaggerated sigh and said, "Good, that was tiring watching you".  C continued to dance.  

I ran this morning for 2.5 miles again.  I'm going to have to go for 4 on Saturday to make up the lost mile.  These first days after BBWW have been hard for my running, but I'm still going out, so it can't be all bad.  Thus far for my week, I am right on track for BBWW and Yoga/Meditation.  I have to do some tonight, but that won't be a problem, I think.  My running is down 1 mile, but like I said, I can make that up on Saturday.  My battle with the Sugary Devil (thanks for giving it a name Kat!) is progressing.  I still have 24 cans staring at me, but I've moved the case to the floor, so it can look up to me with awe.  Screw you Red Bull!  I will not falter.  It's hard still, but it's a little easier today than it was yesterday.  One foot in front of the other.  

All things are possible.  We live the life we want to.  I will change what I do not like.

Day Four

Level 2 Warforged Druid

For Friday: Did meditation in the morning for 10 minutes. Got the BBWW in the evening with the kids.

Went for 4.5 miles today. Felt good. Not craving the energy drinks and feeling good about that. Yoga tonight and then weigh in tomorrow on my free day.

Day 6

Level 2 Warforged Druid

My weigh in from yesterday that I didn't post:  232.6 lbs.  Down 3.4 lbs from the week before.  Feeling good.

Day 7

Level 2 Warforged Druid

Yesterday saw my BBWW and my wife joined in for one circuit.  I was impressed.  Had an unexpected meditation session when I put the kids to bed.  My daughter would keep getting out of bed, so I sat in her room on the floor and had 15 minutes of peace.  It was kind of nice.  I visualized the last two years with her.  Still keeping the Sugary Devil away.  Staying strong.

Day 8

This morning was a good 3.5 mile run.  I have a 5k this Saturday, so I am upping the numbers this week.  Made for an early morning (up at 4 am) because of a customer coming in about 15 minutes, but it was worth it.  I feel great.  Yoga tonight and maybe starting on my Halloween costume.  Going to be a great day.  Hope everyone's day goes well.

Day 9

Level 2 Warforged Druid

Thinking Mega Man is going to be this year.  Might go with a Ferb costume to go with my boys Phenneas.  

Level 2 Warforged Druid

BBWW this evening with presses of 32 and 46 lbs. Thrown in after. Didn't find the calm today to meditate. Still no energy drinks and feeling good about that.

Day 10

Level 2 Warforged Druid

Ran for 3 miles today to get ready for my 5k on Saturday.  Felt good about it.  Not great, but good.  Having to do yoga instead of meditating is kind of frustrating for me.  Still on track.  Hope I can keep it up.  (Insert that's what she said joke here)

Day 11

Level 2 Warforged Druid

Did yoga yesterday. Didn't get home till late, so I wasn't able to get my BBWW in. Doing that tonight.

Day 12

Today I did my 5k. Finished in about 33 minutes. Took 4 minutes off my time. I say about because I didn't get my actual time yet. I went based off my playlist. Lots of hills on this one. But there was beer at the end, so that was good. Circuit workout tonight is going to be hard. Rest day and weigh in tomorrow.

Day 13

Level 2 Warforged Druid

I was off on my time.  34 min, 03 sec.  Took about 3 minutes off my PR. Feel good about that.  Not sure that I am ready for 10k's next year, but I gotta keep motivated.

Yesterday I weighed in at 234.0.  Up 1.4 lbs from last week. I haven't been eating the best, so I know why I gained.  Still no energy drinks or pop, so feeling really good about that.  

Day 14  

Today is going to be a tough workout.  My calves are sore from all the hills and the miles of walking yesterday.  Should have taken the day off to rest, but the kids and I went to Ren Fest.  It was a lot of fun, as always.  Kilts for me and R and C had her highland dress on.  Wife wasn't feeling well yesterday, so she stayed home and quilted.

Level 2 Warforged Druid

Pretty solid.  I used to work one of the games out there, so I got a bit desensitized as to what is out there that is entertaining.  My kids enjoyed it quite a bit and I found myself entertained as well.  Took my pedometer with me and according to it, we walked a little over 4 miles yesterday.  

Level 2 Warforged Druid

Monday was a tough BBWW workout for me after a 5k on Saturday.  Made it through.  My 2 year old daughter came out to the living room while I was in the middle doing push ups and gave me a kiss on my cheek and said, good job daddy.  It made the rest of the workout fly by.  Meditated in the early morning.  Felt good

Day 15

Yesterday was kind of a crap day for me.  First time I didn't get my workout in.  It was a cardio day, and even though I have an injured foot, I was going to bike instead.  I failed that.  I got my meditation in yesterday evening, but that's it.  Still no energy drinks, so that's something.  I will have to make up for missing yesterday.  

Day 16

Level 2 Warforged Druid

So last night was a weird one.  It was just me and the kids.  I went to do my workout while my son was watching The Blue Man Group DVD.  Good music to workout to for me.  My daughter was bored, so I decided to try something.  I was doing the BBWW and took her on my back for everything except the rows and the jumping jacks.  She thought it was the funniest thing in the world.  Adding 32 lbs (she was just weighed that day...) was a real challenge.  I made it through 2 circuits before I had to put her down.  I feel like I could take on the world today.  Also went for a bike ride when my wife got home.  Went 12 miles instead of running 3.  Broke down and had the remainder of my brothers small french fries from McD's at lunch.  Felt like crap for a couple hours after.  I don't miss that food.  

Day 17

Went for a run this morning to test out my foot.  It was feeling good when I woke up.  Should have given it more time.  Only went 1.5 miles.  I will have to up my Saturday run.  Had a really good meditation session beforehand.  I am finishing up some signs tonight for my oldest brother's run on Sunday.  Twin Cities Marathon.  I'm not to that point yet, but in a few years, I'll give it a try if I don't get down to Disney for it.  No energy drinks for me so far.  Been near 3 weeks and had some big cravings yesterday after lunch.  Maybe there's a connection between the fries and the cravings?  As long as I keep asking myself what I would gain from it and answering nothing but a crash later, I think I will be fine.  

Day 18

Level 2 Warforged Druid

I've done presses with them, but to have one of them on my back was a bit of a struggle.  I'm just glad I was able to make it through all 3 circuits.  It's a way for me to include them while getting something done.

Level 2 Warforged Druid