Will you stop clowning around and do something!?

I did.  It kicked my butt though.  I almost didn't get my run in this morning due to DOMs and too much food.  Starting to come to grips that I won't be completing my quest, though I will hit most of my goals.   
Ran 4 miles instead of the 8 I was aiming for.  I know, half way is still awesome, but I would have liked to keep my pace going.  Thursday, maybe.  Had a good meditation session after the run.  

Day 37

Level 2 Warforged Druid

STR: 2, DEX: 1, STA: 3, CON: 3, WIS: 2, CHA: 3

"If these people tell this story to their children as they sleep; then maybe someday they'll see a hero is just a man who knows he is free."

Good night and joy be to you all ~Jitters The. Clown

Current Challange: New Challenges Ahead!

Battle Log: Clowning around daily

Past Challenges: Leveling Up PvP Jump Rope Boss Continue? System Failure Systems Online Calling Rush Confirm Reset Select World Select Difficulty, Select Character, Repairs, Press Start, First Timer, Jump Rope PVP Challenge

I do not feel like working out today.  I've got an appointment after work, a costume to finish by Friday and a door that needs repairing...  Bring on Wednesday!

Level 2 Warforged Druid

"If these people tell this story to their children as they sleep; then maybe someday they'll see a hero is just a man who knows he is free."

Past Challenges: Leveling Up PvP Jump Rope Boss Continue? System Failure Systems Online Calling Rush Confirm Reset Select World Select Difficulty, Select Character, Repairs, Press Start, First Timer, Jump Rope PVP Challenge

I know it's not the end of the world, but it still feels like a failure to me.  I know I have been doing well with this, but I have never seen something like this all the way through before.  I always find a reason to give up about half way through.  

Level 2 Warforged Druid

Thanks, Jess.  I know I can finish this.  It's all in my head, I know, I just hate the feeling of settling for something.  I don't always get in perfectionist mode, but when I do, it's a bitch to shake.

Level 2 Warforged Druid

Yesterday was a bust for working out.  I didn't even get my door fixed.  No energy drinks, though, so that's good.  

Day 38

I have to run this evening if I want any chance of making the weeks goal.  Didn't get out this morning like I usually do.  This challenges final check point is so close.  

Level 2 Warforged Druid

Yeah it is.  I have to kick it up a notch.  And I have to stay away from the tempting red bulls...  so tempting...  

Level 2 Warforged Druid

No run yesterday...   :(  Did meditate and stretch, though.  

Day 39

Today, I should be able to get my BBWW in if I don't obsess about finishing my costume, which is the more likely scenario...  Maybe I'll get both done.  

Level 2 Warforged Druid

Thanks.  We'll see how much awesome I have later tonight.  I may actually have the time because it's just me and my son.  He sleeps like a rock when he goes to bed, so I don't have to worry about being that quiet.  

Level 2 Warforged Druid

Got my BBWW in really late last night. But it's done.

Day 40

Level 2 Warforged Druid

I don't use coarse language unless it can be avoided, but shit. Second to last day of the challenge and I had a pop... not feeling great after it either... didn't get a second run in this week, but I did get some cardio at the indoor playground with my son and nephew. One of the few parents willing to climb, I guess. Got hit on by a lot of the moms there too. That was a new experience for me.

Day 41

Level 2 Warforged Druid

Weighed in at 229.0 today. Up 4 lbs. From last week. I can't say I am surprised, though. Ate like a teenager this week and didn't get much workout in.

Day 42. Summery to come later today or tomorrow.

Level 2 Warforged Druid

Main Quest:

- Mindfully drop 16 lbs - Failed.  Lost a total of 7 lbs.  

Objectives:

Beginner's Bodyweight Workout 3 days a week - no excuses anymore.  3 circuits - A; 2 circuits - B; 1 circuit - C; miss workout - F   - Overall, I'm going with a B on this one because the last week sucked. 

- Run at least 9 miles a week. 9+ miles - A; 7-8 miles - B; 6-7 miles - C; 4-6 miles - D; 0-3 miles - F  - Again, the last week killed me.  Had some impressive numbers weeks 4 and 5, but was 5 miles short week 6.  B and 

- Yoga or meditation 4 days a week for at least 10 minutes.  4 days a week - A, 3 days - B, 2 days - C; 1 day - D, none - F - This is my one A.  There were weeks that it was hard to focus, but somehow, through it all, I managed. 

- Cut out pop and energy drinks completely from my diet.  0 drinks - A; 1 drink - C; 2 drinks - D; 3 drinks - F.  I am not going to allow myself to fall on this one, so I am being more stringent.  - C.  Second to last day, and I had to have one.   It was pop and not a Red Bull, but it's still not what I wanted.  

Life Quest:

To be more readily available to help anyone at any moment with a clear mind and a strong body. - Was put to the test on this twice and rose to the challenge both times.  Felt good.  

Starting Weight: 236    Ending Goal Weight: 220 - 229 lbs.  

Starting Waist Size: 40"   Ending Waist Goal Size: 38" - 39".  I am fitting into XL shirts instead of XXL, so I'm happy with the way it's going, but there is still a long way to go.  

Overall, I made most goals week to week, but I didn't finish my quests.  I have to reevaluate what I am doing and being a part of the next challenge is a maybe at this point.  
Thank you to everyone who supported me though this challenge.  Even the small notes of encouragement were a huge help.  I appreciate it all.  I've never been able to stick with something like this for more than a few weeks at a time, so I was surprised to finish.  

Level 2 Warforged Druid

Turns out, Steve was right.  The Advanced Body Weight Workout kicks your ass.  I loved it.  I also started a progressive crunches/leg lifts/plank routine with my wife.  This winter will not distract me from my goals.  

Jump rope challenge at 10 minutes this morning with possibly some more tonight.  First to an hour!

Level 2 Warforged Druid

She wanted to do it, but doesn't like working out alone, so I said that I would do it with her.  I don't know what I was thinking.  And the challenge starts next week, so this will be fun.

Oh yeah...  I forgot to work on those...  Thanks for the reminder.  Going into beast mode now.  

Level 2 Warforged Druid

beast-mode.gif

Good luck with all this! Maybe you should make this challenge's goals the things you already plan to do, so that you don't manage to kill yourself

This made my day.  Thanks!

The progressive workout will be done on the 24th (only two weeks into the next challenge), but I think the rest is going to go into it.  I still have a week to revise my challenge, right?  :)  

Level 2 Warforged Druid

Amusing myself now...

beercoffee.png

• Like 1

Level 2 Warforged Druid