Laura's adventures in recovery

Hermione Gainser

i8Mlu0EqJoZb0.gif

nod.gif

I hate allergies!!!  They must DIE!  DIE!  Boooooooo  (reminder to self:  buy more claritin)

Mmmm more food and sleeping..... genius. 

dog-falling-asleep-by-dogbowl.jpg

Yus! All the sleep! and food. I love both those things.

gif baby gif...

tumblr_m9n4yo9cIZ1rugjqu.gif

excited-baby.gif

Meditation: 1/2

DBAA: check

ruck: nada

Food: I'm not entirely sure. I need to check.

But I still feel like CRAP.  And had some stupid personal life stuff come up yesterday which I'm sure didn't help the over all feeling of UGH.  No gym, which was disappointing. Things needed to be handled, though. and yeah, I feel like crap. 

I did do some yoga and meditation when I got home. Muy bien.

"I'm just going to remember to not eat like an asshole most of the time" - MoC

three words I can sum up everything I've learned about life: one must squat.- Brobert Frost
 Half-Elf Warrior | Current Challenge
 New Battle Log | Old Battle Log
Special thanks to AkLulu for drawing my awesome avatar!

oh so sorry to hear!!! 

I hope the crappy feeling goes away.  More yoga???

I AM going the distance

'Cause all I wanna do is go the distance. Nobody's ever gone the distance with Creed, and if I can go that distance, you see, and that bell rings and I'm still standin', I'm gonna know for the first time in my life, see, that I weren't just another bum from the neighborhood.

Maybe! It definitely helped my sticky back (still having that sciatic/sacrum issue) and state of mind. 

three words I can sum up everything I've learned about life: one must squat.- Brobert Frost

OK, so tell me how you do a half meditation? 

As for everything else, you're doing great dealing with personal stuff, jaw/headache stuff, food stuff (eat sleep awhile, eat some more, then sleep = WIN!). 

I'm also excited goat's milk works for you. When we were in Mexico, they had pizza that I loved. My friend (he's a chef) told me it's unpasteurized cheese and most people don't like it. Well, don't count me as most people. I miss that pizza and the cheese. That's not related to goat's milk. Just another random kind of cheese. So... hardly related at all?

Edit: WAIT! Is it one of two?! Not a half? 

Shape-Shifting Ginger
Current Battle Log

2" washers for smaller weight increases

lol!

159.gif

Instagram | pinterest

read harder challengeBattle LogNROLFW

Challenges: 13-1 | 13-2 | 13-3 | 13-3.5 | 14-1 | 14-2 | 15-1 | 15-2 | 15-3 | 15-4 | 15-5 | 16-1 | 16-2 | 16-3 | 16-4 | 16-516-6 | 16-7 | 16-8 | 17-1 | 17-2 | 17-3 | 17-4 | 17-5 | 17-6 | 17-7 | 17-8 | 17-9 | 17-10 | 18-118-2 | 18-318-4 | 18-5 | 18-6 | 18-7 | 18-8 | 18-9 | 18-10 | 19-1 | 19-2 | 19-3 | 19-4 | 19-5 | 19-6 | 19-7 | current

OK, so tell me how you do a half meditation? 

As for everything else, you're doing great dealing with personal stuff, jaw/headache stuff, food stuff (eat sleep awhile, eat some more, then sleep = WIN!). 

I'm also excited goat's milk works for you. When we were in Mexico, they had pizza that I loved. My friend (he's a chef) told me it's unpasteurized cheese and most people don't like it. Well, don't count me as most people. I miss that pizza and the cheese. That's not related to goat's milk. Just another random kind of cheese. So... hardly related at all?

Thanks!  I slept like a rock last night, too.  Tonight will be glorious and sleep filled.

Ha! It's okay. Share all the cheese stories! Nom!   I'm really excited about that, too.  And the tomato sauce. I was sure it was going to kill me. But it didn't.  Could it be? Can I.. have... tomato based BBQ again?

LMAO! Yes, it's 1 of 2 for the week thus far hahahahaha

lol!

159.gif

Perfect gif!

*swoon* laura said perfect gif to me.

Instagram | pinterest

Challenges: 13-1 | 13-2 | 13-3 | 13-3.5 | 14-1 | 14-2 | 15-1 | 15-2 | 15-3 | 15-4 | 15-5 | 16-1 | 16-2 | 16-3 | 16-4 | 16-516-6 | 16-7 | 16-8 | 17-1 | 17-2 | 17-3 | 17-4 | 17-5 | 17-6 | 17-7 | 17-8 | 17-9 | 17-10 | 18-118-2 | 18-318-4 | 18-5 | 18-6 | 18-7 | 18-8 | 18-9 | 18-10 | 19-1 | 19-2 | 19-3 | 19-4 | 19-5 | 19-6 | 19-7 | current

Ooooooh. Did you think you were reacting to BBQ specifically? I was on an AI forum awhile ago (I need to stay away - makes me paranoid, but also makes me thankful I'm so early in all of my problems - AI problems are awful!) and a whole herd of people reacted to vinegar. 

Edit: I mean AI problems can be awful. I feel blessed to only have several minor inconveniences. 

Shape-Shifting Ginger
Current Battle Log

2" washers for smaller weight increases

I just spent five minutes trying to construct a not dirty-sounding way to suggest using a dry rub for your BBQ needs if vinegar turns out to be a problem. 

Turns out it can't be done. Dry rub.

*cringe*

Battle Log

"Either you take care of business and give yourself the best chance of survival (while accepting the inherent fuckedupitude and randomness of life), or you relinquish all hope entirely." -- Krista Scott-Dixon

Dry rub... Lol

I AM going the distance

'Cause all I wanna do is go the distance. Nobody's ever gone the distance with Creed, and if I can go that distance, you see, and that bell rings and I'm still standin', I'm gonna know for the first time in my life, see, that I weren't just another bum from the neighborhood.

Yay! An excuse to post more Annie gifs.

Alison-Brie-GIF.gif

where is this from? i would make out with both of them

I just spent five minutes trying to construct a not dirty-sounding way to suggest using a dry rub for your BBQ needs if vinegar turns out to be a problem. 

*cringe*

LOL

Dry rub... Lol

i'll show you a dry rub. (ouch)

"Come with me if you want to lift" -The Brominator

"Later, I would learn that coincidences are the most planned things in the world. Later, I would learn that every single moment is a coincidence." - Douglas Coupland

"Anyone who doesn't want french fries every day is a commie." - AngelaTheGeek

Current Challenge

INSTAGRAM!!

find me on twitter

LOL

community!! you've got to check it out if you haven't already. unfortunately, those two are not together... yet.

and yes, ow.

Instagram | pinterest

Lol I love this thread is about dry rub.

I AM going the distance

ajr8ONR_460sa.gif

just thought i'd leave this here...

Instagram | pinterest

Ooooooh. Did you think you were reacting to BBQ specifically? I was on an AI forum awhile ago (I need to stay away - makes me paranoid, but also makes me thankful I'm so early in all of my problems - AI problems are awful!) and a whole herd of people reacted to vinegar. 

Edit: I mean AI problems can be awful. I feel blessed to only have several minor inconveniences. 

Not specifically, no.  I've just been avoiding it because of the tomato (and pepper based spices).  But I think I'm okay with pepper based spices and possibly tomato.. so this might be great. I need officially test tomato but my body is in a state of WTF right now so I need to let it relax some first.

hi.gif

Awkward long-time-no-forum-see hello!

You rock, sorry things are tough but you can figure them out... you're Laura!

PH's baaaaaaack! 

emma-stone-excited.gif

How's Alaska?!?! Tell me all about it!!!

Yay! An excuse to post more Annie gifs.

agrees-your-argument.gifalison-brie-breaking-out.gifAlison-Brie-GIF.gif

This is a Laura thread. Has there ever been a better excuse to post the gifs?  Come on, now...

and yes. That middle gif. My new life plan.

*cringe*

bahahahaha I appreciate the efforts, Madam Esquire.

LOL

Ow. So much ow.

community!! you've got to check it out if you haven't already. unfortunately, those two are not together... yet.

and yes, ow.

I really need to watch this show! People keep telling me it's awesome.

Lol I love this thread is about dry rub.

When the Laura is away.... the nerds get.. dirty?

ajr8ONR_460sa.gif

just thought i'd leave this here...

See! Post all the gifs! :D

Last week's rundown:

Food: This has been up and down. I haven't been good about keeping track.  Mehhh.

Mediation: 2!!

Ruck: nope :(

DBAA: it's easier not to be an asshole when you're almost never at work.. just sayin'

Finally got to the gym on Saturday...

I cannot recall the details right now and I don't have my notebook so I won't try to type it out.  Here are details I remember:

Squats:

working sets at 97.5 and they were rough

Bench:

no idea where my weights were but these were decent

No split squat work because my hip flexors were like LOLWUTNOBITCH

Since I didn't lift Tues or Thurs I did some ab/core work and some back/shoulder work 

And last night's:

Squat:

bwx5

65x2

65x2

75x2

77.5x10

77.5x10

77.5x10

less than last time but I was falling apart. plus side: this work was really great quality.

Bench:

70x10

70x10

70x10

70x10

SLS:

Lowered the bench I'm working on. Got about half successful down and up movements and half fails where I got down and couldn't get back up.

Chin ups:

blue band

3!

3!

3!

all with partial reps afterwards

Dips:

unassisted

not sure on the quality of these or the depth so dont' get too excited.

Plank w/ ft elevated:

55 seconds

leg lifts:

8/9

Twists:

8/8

20 mins light walking on the dreadmill

More updates!

Just got back from my awesome paleo doc

The Good:

Tests came back clear/perfect/etc.  So, still clear of official autoimmune disease-yay. 

The Bad:

She's closing her office!  Noooooooooo.  My super awesome doctor. Why?!?!?!

But really, she said she plans to continue practicing after a sabbatical. So, hopefully, she's just going to be gone for a little while and not forever. And hopefully, wherever she ends up, she'll accept my new insurance :)

Maybe she will consult via email? Or maybe she has a colleague?

I'm sorry to hear that.

But YEA TET RESULTS!!'!!!!!!!

I AM going the distance

Maybe she will consult via email? Or maybe she has a colleague? I'm sorry to hear that. But YEA TET RESULTS!!'!!!!!!!

She gave me a couple recommendations.. but said most doctors won't be much good for me haha   BUT!  In the packet she gave me it said she intends to go back to medicine after her sabbatical. So: here's hoping!

So is the exclamation point after the chinups excitement or to indicate the partial reps? Either way, awesome.

Ha, excitement :) Last time I couldn't get any full reps with the blue band. Not sure how it worked out that I got more reps after skipping the week... but whatevs. I'll take it!

and thanks!

food: back on track

Meditation: 1

Ruck: not yet

DBAA:  ok

it's thursday! get your ruck in!

Instagram | pinterest

Important Information

New here? Please check out our Privacy Policy and Community Guidelines