Keeping My Eyes on the Prize!

So, day one of this fantastic journey of self discovery, working towards greater fitness, and trying to eat healthier. One of my three minor quests was to make a real effort to cut down on my sugar intake. I'm a sugar junkie - I literally crave the stuff. I realize that it's bad for me and that the more I consume, the more I crave sugar. But....it's just so dang tasty!  :playful: But I'm motivated by my desire to get more fit and to try and ultimately, reduce my chances of developing diabetes as I get older (it runs in my family). But I have to be honest, this first day has been sheer hell. 

This morning, I steeled myself, walked into my local coffee shop and ordered a coffee without sugar. (I also paid no attention to the little voices that said, 'Hey! Don't you need a donut or something? Even a small one?') 

So here I am, just past lunch time, and I'm really struggling. All I want is something sugary and sweet and let me be honest with you, the amazingly healthy grapes I have here beside me are really a poor replacement for the sheer sugary goodness of a donut or a candy bar or something sweet. I'll make it through today added-sugar free, because I'm determined, and, as this site says, I'm part of the rebellion. But my friends, the sugar craving is rebelling right back!!! 

Do any of you struggle with cravings for sugary things? Got any tips to share with a fellow rebel on how to cope or ways to harness that craving energy into something else? I'm open to all ideas folks, and I'm rapidly running out of grapes! LOL!  :nevreness:  :nevreness:

~~Trinket

I understand the cravings, my friend.  Take the voice and tell it to shut the **** up.  I have been wanting a Red Bull all day.  I think I may have spooked the gas station attendant this morning when I didn't get my pack.  Something that works for me is telling myself how much better I will feel and how much money I will save by not ingesting that stuff anymore.  At least it's been working for the past 13 and a half hours...  Good luck to you.  You got this.  The sugar has no power over you.  Stay strong

Level 2 Warforged Druid

STR: 2, DEX: 1, STA: 3, CON: 3, WIS: 2, CHA: 3

"If these people tell this story to their children as they sleep; then maybe someday they'll see a hero is just a man who knows he is free."

Good night and joy be to you all ~Jitters The. Clown

Current Challange: New Challenges Ahead!

Battle Log: Clowning around daily

Past Challenges: Leveling Up PvP Jump Rope Boss Continue? System Failure Systems Online Calling Rush Confirm Reset Select World Select Difficulty, Select Character, Repairs, Press Start, First Timer, Jump Rope PVP Challenge

Good to know I'm not the only one! *clings to you like we're the last two Cheerios in a bowl of milk*  You're right - thinking about how much better I'll feel is a good way to slay the craving monster. And the practical/financial angle is something I hadn't even thought of!!! That's really helpful - thanks.  I'm now giving Red Bull a steely gaze of determination on your behalf so it leaves you alone.  :pride: Good luck to you, too!

Red Green always helps me out "Remember, I'm pulling for ya.  We're all in this together".  The members here are so fantastically supportive, you'll always have someone to help you out.

Level 2 Warforged Druid

STR: 2, DEX: 1, STA: 3, CON: 3, WIS: 2, CHA: 3

"If these people tell this story to their children as they sleep; then maybe someday they'll see a hero is just a man who knows he is free."

Good night and joy be to you all ~Jitters The. Clown

Current Challange: New Challenges Ahead!

Battle Log: Clowning around daily

Past Challenges: Leveling Up PvP Jump Rope Boss Continue? System Failure Systems Online Calling Rush Confirm Reset Select World Select Difficulty, Select Character, Repairs, Press Start, First Timer, Jump Rope PVP Challenge