• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Gyro

Consulting Knights in the TARDIS (Cross-Guild)

Hey folks! The Consulting Knights in the TARDIS had a successful last challenge and are back for some more hard work, accountability and BBC fandom! We're a cross-guild group.

Here's a description of our group, as deftly composed by Tseecka:

"You've found your way to the resident BBC fanclub and accountibilibuddy group, the Consulting Knights in the TARDIS (Or CKitTs, Seek-Its, for short). We're a small but friendly group of folks who have a few things in common--levelling up our lives, helping others with their epic quests, and BBC fandom! Whether your thing is Doctor Who, Merlin, Sherlock, or any other production by the BBC, there is a place for you here. (Also Fannibals. I need more Fannibals in my life. Please.)

Last challenge, the CKitT group was able to use our thread to not only update one another on our progress, but also to keep each other motivated, to offer words of support and encouragement when needed, to help each other deal with difficult events that happened in our personal lives, and to strongly encourage other team members that if they hadn't watched Merlin, they really, really needed to get on that. I'd love for this thread to be a similar community this time around!

While we do have some old faces returning, like Doctor Who, there's nothing wrong with adding some new faces into the mix and changing things up a bit--so don't be scared off! We'd love to welcome new folks into the group, and I really hope you'll consider joining us on this next 6-week journey! So join in, have a cup of tea, help yourselves to the tissue box (it's the BBC, you know you'll need it) and, most importantly--Be welcome!"

Current members: 

1. Gyro (Scouts)
  2. PartyCannon (Rangers)
  3. obsessedfan (Assassins)
  4. Wingfoot (Adventurer)
  5. LiveWriteGrow (Rangers)
  6. Mediavore (Adventurer)
  7. carniepoet (Adventurer)
  8. Bagelyo (Assassins)
  9. Stooshie (Assassins)

Hi team!  I'd like to join again, please!

My current challenge thread is here.

On a completely different note, I'm nearing the end of season 4 of Merlin and I'm starting to have serious concerns about the withdrawal symptoms I will suffer when I finish the series.

Hey Gyro, I'm back for another round!

School starting for the kids I supervise at job #1 kind of threw things out of whack and I fell off the grid for a bit. 

Here's my challenge thread: CLICKY

Stooshie got me helplessly buried in Supernatural last time around, and aside from the ongoing adventures of the Winchesters, I've just reached The Silence in Dr Who. I tend to run across the creepiest episodes right before I should be going to bed, and I wind up staying awake until 2am watching more to make sure I can go to bed safely. 

Cheers!

HI, I'm new to the guild and would love to join up!  I'm a WhoLock fan primarily, but I'm a Brit!TV fan in general - IT Crowd, Coupling, Robin Hood, Downton, etc.  Hubby and I were actually planning to watch Merlin next, so I'll be here spazzing over that soon, I imagine.

My challenge thread is HERE.

Looking forward to a good cuppa tea and chat with you all!

I went and joined another group to try and mingle with some assassins now that I'm training with them, but I'd love to stay with you guys too! I'm sure I saw somewhere that you can join multiple groups if you can keep up, so I'm jumping in. I'm looking forward to seeing what everyone is up to this challenge!

So how's everyone doing thus far? I've managed to turn my electronics off at 8 pm three nights in a row, and the effect that's had on my bedtime and sleep has been phenomenal!

Hey, all! I'm running a bit behind, but may I jump in again on this round? The last couple weeks of my last challenge I got completely inundated with school stuff. It should be leveling out now!

Hey, all! I'm running a bit behind, but may I jump in again on this round? The last couple weeks of my last challenge I got completely inundated with school stuff. It should be leveling out now!

It'd be great to have you on board, Stooshie! :)

-waves-

I've been doing pretty good (though I need to write an update post, yikes)

Until yesterday, anyway. I was rear-ended on my way to work and am currently nursing whiplash and assorted bruises. Thank goodness for a solid-framed car and the laws of physics- dude in a full-size pickup wrecked his truck on my Jeep. My car was driveable. His was not. 

Hi all!  Posted an update on my thread here.  Highlights are: (1) set a new best running time today (yay); (2) got my butt handed to me by the beginners body weight workout (ow).  Also, is it possible I can't do a jumping jack?  My limbs all seem to fly in random directions.

I'm glad to see people trickling back in.  Welcome back, everyone!

LiveWriteGrow, I hope you're ok.  That accident sounds scary.  Also today I was randomly thinking about you getting caught climbing over the gate to where you run and wondered -- can you ride a bike to a more accessible spot to get into your running area?  Then you'd be doubling up on your exercise time!

Boom! I made it. I got back from my cruise on Wednesday and started my new job Friday. So I've just been trying to adapt back in to life and existing during the day. Which is why I didn't show up sooner. I'm also not going to make my challenge thread until tomorrow. I just got off and want to go to sleep. But before I did I thought I'd pop my head in and say hello. Happy to see so many familiar avatars. So I'll give everyone the deets when I have more energy to do so. Yay, CKitTs!

Boom! I made it. I got back from my cruise on Wednesday and started my new job Friday. So I've just been trying to adapt back in to life and existing during the day. Which is why I didn't show up sooner. I'm also not going to make my challenge thread until tomorrow. I just got off and want to go to sleep. But before I did I thought I'd pop my head in and say hello. Happy to see so many familiar avatars. So I'll give everyone the deets when I have more energy to do so. Yay, CKitTs!

Welcome back! I hope you had a wonderful cruise. Take a breather then come on back with your goals for this round. I hope you're having fun at the new job and getting back into the swing of things isn't taking its toll. :-) 

Also, is it possible I can't do a jumping jack?  My limbs all seem to fly in random directions.

Maybe search for some how-to videos on YouTube for the proper form? You have to sort of keep your muscles taught I suppose.

Welcome back to the mainland, OF!

A little late to update for the week, but not too far behind. The details can be found on my thread. Overall, last week went really well. The only goal that didn't get doen was the pull-ups, but I haven't been able to go to the gym. To remedy the situation I'm going to try using stuff at home (like a table) to do some body weight rows, so we'll see how that goes. I think I need to start with something that's higher, but can't think of anything like that at home. Who knows, I could surpise myself and be able to do some at a lower height. Time will tell. :-)

How's everyone else doing?

So week 2 is coming to a close, everyone holding up? My increased sleep has been such a blessing, and I'm still on track to begin the Insanity workout program Monday morning!