• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Meteoric

Strength In Numbers

Welcome to the Strength in Numbers team thread!

I'm totally new at this, but other teams are full and somebody might as well take the initiative. If this is your first challenge, and you want to figure things out together, sign right up!

Just post here regularly (at least once a week), and talk about your progress or any difficulties you encounter. If you think you might need or want help, ask for it! And if you're doing great, let us know!

The road goes ever on and on, but that doesn't mean you have to travel alone.

Members (8/8):

Meteoric

Shemyazaz

attackbunny

Keetabirdy

Laliney945

Jellsy

BJFrank92

SassyMum

Hey all, I'm in.  I'm just leaving work now to go workout!  Just wanted to drop in to say hi.........and that I'll be watching you!!!  (not in a creepy stalker way but in a get your ass in gear kinda way!)

OK, in keeping with my stalker theme-I am now following all of your challenge threads! 

Except for JBFrank92-I couldn't find you.   ????

Just wondering if we should post our updates on our individual pages or here??  Just don't know the best way to procede-any thoughts? 

Looks like we're at a full 7! Glad to be with all of you. I can't find JBFrank92 either, though - if you're reading this, JBFrank92, come on in and say hello!

Just wondering if we should post our updates on our individual pages or here??  Just don't know the best way to procede-any thoughts? 

I'm not sure. Detailed and frequent updates are probably best for individual challenge threads, and questions/discussion/general chatting here? I'm going to read through some threads from returning groups and see what they've done.

(Each PR you break, every muscle ache, I'll be watchiiiiiiing you)

Hello team Strength in Numbers!

Glad to be on board with a team - I lost a bit of inertia the first challenge I started but I think with a team on board we can stick with the challenges. I definitely feel more accountable this time round.

Yeah, I'm doing Stronglifts. This is week 4 for me, and so far I've been able to add weight each workout without much problem, except on the overhead press. I couldn't finish the fifth set at 45 and had to try again the next workout, and then had to make two attempts at 50 too. OHP is HARD! But I started waiting longer between sets to catch my breath better, and that seems to have helped. I'm actually really excited to keep adding weight to the bar, mostly so that I don't have to put extra plates under the bar for height when I do rows XD

How far into SL are you? And how did you end up finding/choosing it?

I ran across SL here on Nerdfitness and started messing with it at the work gym here....but I was limited to dumbells. Got a membership at the local AnyTime Fitness and started using the barbells a few weeks ago. I've miscalculated my weights a couple times...but now I'm doing it right. My Deadlifts and OHP are a bit behind because I couldn't figure out how to do them right with the dumbells...and I didn't want to skip steps just to have them caught up with my other exercizes.

As of today:

Squats @ 105

Press @ 105

Row @ 105

Deadlift @ 75

OHP @ 75

No pain. I was getting worried about it hurting. I'd really hate to have to stop doing squats.

Nice! My hips and shoulders hurt doing squats at first, but it's actually gotten better as I've added weight to the bar - partly from improving form I'm sure, but also I guess it's just kinda self-correcting as the stabilizer muscles get stronger.