Paleoish hits 50 - the sequel...

Ishbel

Food has been a bit hit and miss - as in missing meals, and then eating stuff that is paleo, but too much of the carbs side and not enough protein.

New week now, so new focus.

Any Craig Ballantyne followers would have seen his quot this morning â€œIs this use of my time, thought, and energy this moment moving me measurably closer to my personal, meaningful goals?†from Dan Kennedy. 

Mmmm  Need to try and remember this when I think about wht to eat and what to do with myself.  Should I really be sitting surfing the net reading articles that are of no use to me?  

Level 2 Elf Adventurer

Treun anns a' chath (Mighty in the battle)

Paleoish hits 50 - The sequel

Whole 30 team challenge

OK, now for some traditional Norwegian food (from a Scot!!)

Fårikål

This is a relly simple lamb strew made with lamb, cabbage, peppercorns and salt.  Yup that is all.

The lamb should be on the bone (shoulder, neck or shank)  and have some fat to flovour the cabbage (we only have grass feed lamb here :nevreness:  )

The cabbage should be what I call white cabbage. 

The recipe I used is here

It was really good, maybe a bit too much pepper, but lovely.  And that is breakfast tomorrow fixed as well!!

Level 2 Elf Adventurer

Whole 30 team challenge

I moved office this week, from a lovely harbour site over to the other side of town into the business park area,  not as pretty, but the plus being it adds over 2400 steps to my day!  I park about a 10 minute walk from the office, and I use the stairs all the time.  This means that I am hitting my target of 10 000 steps every day!! (Actually managed 20 000 on Monday as I had an appointment on the other side of town that mean lots of walking!!

I made fried fish this evening, I coated herring in egg, and then dessicated coconut (unsweetened) with a little almond meal, salt and pepper.  Deeeeelish!!!

Level 2 Elf Adventurer

Whole 30 team challenge

Extra steps!  Yay!

I am going to try to do chicken tenders that way.  Need to find protein that the younger guy will eat (though we just switched him over to greek yogurt, so that's helping some).

My kids like shellfish, but not regular fish. 

Level 2 Halfling Adventurer

Strength 1 Dexterity 1 Stamina 3 Constitution 4 Wisdom 3 Charisma 2

Current Challenge Thread

First Challenge Thread

Fit to Eat: my posts on the Sweatpants & Coffee Site

I moved office this week, from a lovely harbour site over to the other side of town into the business park area,  not as pretty, but the plus being it adds over 2400 steps to my day!  I park about a 10 minute walk from the office, and I use the stairs all the time.  This means that I am hitting my target of 10 000 steps every day!! (Actually managed 20 000 on Monday as I had an appointment on the other side of town that mean lots of walking!!

I made fried fish this evening, I coated herring in egg, and then dessicated coconut (unsweetened) with a little almond meal, salt and pepper.  Deeeeelish!!!

Bonus :)  I need to make walking a quest or something at some point.  Maybe next challenge :)

Extra steps!  Yay!

I am going to try to do chicken tenders that way.  Need to find protein that the younger guy will eat (though we just switched him over to greek yogurt, so that's helping some).

My kids like shellfish, but not regular fish. 

chicken tenders coated in coconut is quite delicious, but it gets a little stuck to the rack while cooking.  Enjoy.

Half Faerie (Sidhe) Scout | Black Belt Kitchen Ninja
"A positive attitude will not solve all your problems, but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort" - Herm Albright
You're welcome to skype me (audriwolf) too but let me know who you are

My challenge

How's it going? Did your week 4 go well?

Fitocracy  GoodReads  MyFitnessPal

Spoiler

Previous Challenges: 2020: 1.20  - 2019: 1.19 l 2.19

2018: 1.18 l  2.18 l 3.18 l 4.18 l 5.18 l 6.18 l 7.18

2017: 1.17 I 2.17 I 3.17 I 4.17 I 5.17 l 6.17 l 7.17 l 8.17 I 9.17 l 10.17  

2016: 1.16 l 2.16 l DA v.1 l DA v.2 I DA v.2 Reloaded I DA v.3 I DA v.4 I 8.16 I 9.16 I DA v.5 I 11.16 

2012: 1 2013: 2 l 3 l 4 l 5 l 6 l 7 l 8 2014: 9 l 10 l Not Done Yet l Time to Conquer l  Conquering 

HFC for Life!

How's it going? Did your week 4 go well?

Awful, I have to say.  I am in Rotterdam all this week with work, was here last week, and going off to London the beginning of next week.  I am so t ired that I just get into the hotel room at night and flop onto the bed!!!  I have not been eating that well, Breakfast in the hotel is eggs and a little bacon with melon, lunches are just salads with  little (processed) cold meats,  Evening meals so far this week have been protein bars.  A disaster all round really. 

Rant rant... I will try and get out this evening.  I don't sleep well in hotels, so maybe tonight I will just flake out!

My aim for the next challenge is to get into the mindset of not having to think about eating real food and exercising regularly - it should just be automatic. 

Onwards...

Level 2 Elf Adventurer

Whole 30 team challenge

Awful, I have to say.  I am in Rotterdam all this week with work, was here last week, and going off to London the beginning of next week.  I am so t ired that I just get into the hotel room at night and flop onto the bed!!!  I have not been eating that well, Breakfast in the hotel is eggs and a little bacon with melon, lunches are just salads with  little (processed) cold meats,  Evening meals so far this week have been protein bars.  A disaster all round really. 

Rant rant... I will try and get out this evening.  I don't sleep well in hotels, so maybe tonight I will just flake out!

My aim for the next challenge is to get into the mindset of not having to think about eating real food and exercising regularly - it should just be automatic. 

Onwards...

Aww! Hey, I think you have made the best choices for your situation. Just stick with it and do little things that can help, like calf raises while brushing your teeth and take the stairs as much as possible. :)

Fitocracy  GoodReads  MyFitnessPal

Spoiler

Previous Challenges: 2020: 1.20  - 2019: 1.19 l 2.19

2018: 1.18 l  2.18 l 3.18 l 4.18 l 5.18 l 6.18 l 7.18

2017: 1.17 I 2.17 I 3.17 I 4.17 I 5.17 l 6.17 l 7.17 l 8.17 I 9.17 l 10.17  

2016: 1.16 l 2.16 l DA v.1 l DA v.2 I DA v.2 Reloaded I DA v.3 I DA v.4 I 8.16 I 9.16 I DA v.5 I 11.16 

2012: 1 2013: 2 l 3 l 4 l 5 l 6 l 7 l 8 2014: 9 l 10 l Not Done Yet l Time to Conquer l  Conquering 

HFC for Life!

I hang my head in shame - I don't think I managed 2 weeks properly, but hey, we start again soon! 

No chance of Whole30 to start with as I am in a Hotel in the Netherlands for the next 3 week, with very limited access to anything but hotel restaurant or work canteen.  Home at weekends though.

I will limit my goals to water intake, good food choices and bodyweight exercises!

There is always a next time.

Level 2 Elf Adventurer

Whole 30 team challenge

Important Information

New here? Please check out our Privacy Policy and Community Guidelines