Gryffudd's Second Challenge

Gryffudd

Well, never got around to trying the L-sits. Changed some parts of the routine and ran out of time. 

I did:

Warm-up

4x5 small-chin-ups - Not from a full hang, but I did do 3-4 at a time without touching the ground in between, so I'll count that as a victory. :)

2x10, 1x8, 1x6 push-ups - Not quite all the way to the ground, but fairly close. Will try to get lower next time. 

4x10 vertical rows

4x10 sit-ups

4x10 deep-step-things

I also dropped the planks for today. Needed to shower and get ready to head out. 

After that, most of the stretches. Left off one of the sets. Will be back to the full thing next time. 

Hope everyone is having a good weekend.

Was warm enough here I almost gave up on exercise. After finishing homework I felt better, though, so I managed to get through it.

I did:

Warm-up

4x5 short chin-ups - The first couple I did all 5 without landing. The last two sets were done is bits and ended with a couple negatives instead. Still, seems to be getting better.

4x10 deep-step-things

4x10 sit-ups

2x10, 1x9, 1x7 push-ups - slightly better than last time.

4x10 vertical rows

L-sits: maybe 40 seconds or so. they didn't go well at all. Hard to keep my feet in the air when they're so close to the ground. The mat did keep the chairs from sliding, though, which was nice. I may try hanging ones next time.

4 planks: 60 seconds each, some barely. :)

Stretches: Oops forgot those. I better go do them now.

Hope everyone has a good day.

Last night's workout was a little short. Mostly the same stuff, except the push-ups were a bit harder. I just couldn't do as many. Also, due to time constraints (heading out for a birthday burger, yay me!) I did not do the planks or L-sits. I did manage 3-5 short chin-ups in a row for each of 4 sets, though, so that's going well.

Hope everybody is doing well and having fun.

Sometimes bodyweight stuff is like that. It's a lot harder to figure progress there - sometimes you can't hit the same numbers as you did before, and you think "Oh noes, this is awful!" when in reality, you may be using more muscles in less reps. It's not like weight training, which tends to be relatively predictable.

As long as you moved with all the intensity you could muster, it's probably okay.

Did most of the workout today, though I'm a bit short on time, so I left off the L-sits and planks again. Push-ups were 10, 10, 8, 6, so about the same. I'm doing about 4-5 short chin-ups without touching the ground, dropping to 3 by the fourth set, and their getting a bit longer, though still nowhere near full hanging chin-ups. It's nice to see gradual improvement. 

Hope everyone is doing well. 

Monday's workout:

Warm-up:

30 jumping jacks

10 squats

10 lunges

Workout:

3x5 short chin-ups, 1x4 short chin-ups - each set without touching the ground. Trying to drop farther down with them, but it's slow going. Still, improvement is improvement

4x10 push-ups

6x10 sit-ups

4x10 vertical rows

4x10 deep step-ups

4x60 second planks - It's hard to find a way to do these without hand pain, but it's manageable.

I dropped the L-sits. I tried hanging ones, but my shoulders couldn't take it for long. I may try them again, attempting shorter durations.

Stretches:

Normal stuff.

I've been taking longer breaks between sets, and that seems to help a bunch.

Hope everyone is doing fine.

Monday's workout:

Warm-up:

30 jumping jacks

10 squats

10 lunges

Workout:

3x5 short chin-ups, 1x4 short chin-ups - each set without touching the ground. Trying to drop farther down with them, but it's slow going. Still, improvement is improvement

4x10 push-ups

6x10 sit-ups

4x10 vertical rows

4x10 deep step-ups

4x60 second planks - It's hard to find a way to do these without hand pain, but it's manageable.

Do you do the planks with your arms straight and your palms on the floor?  i can imagine that would hurt your wrists.  It hurts mine when I do push-ups that way.  I do planks with my forearms on the floor.  Front planks I have my hands gently clasped so the my arms make a V shape.  For side planks my forearm is at 90 degrees from the line of my body.  I put a folded towel under my arms for more padding.  Otherwise my elbows complain too much.  You are already doing arm exercises so I don't think you would miss much by changing the form for your planks.

Level 56  Viking paladin

My current challenge    Battle log 

Do you do the planks with your arms straight and your palms on the floor?  i can imagine that would hurt your wrists.  It hurts mine when I do push-ups that way.  I do planks with my forearms on the floor.  Front planks I have my hands gently clasped so the my arms make a V shape.  For side planks my forearm is at 90 degrees from the line of my body.  I put a folded towel under my arms for more padding.  Otherwise my elbows complain too much.  You are already doing arm exercises so I don't think you would miss much by changing the form for your planks.

I have a chin-up bar set a couple inches off the ground in my doorway. I hold onto it and support myself above it. Lump on my right wrist makes placing my palm on the floor difficult. The forearm thing is an interesting idea. I have extra towels laying about, so I could maybe do that. I'll try it next time. 

Today's workout went to crap. A sore on my tail made sit-ups impossible and I got tuckered out very fast on most of the rest. Except the chin-ups, which improved slightly. 

Hopefully be back to normal Saturday. 

Important Information

New here? Please check out our Privacy Policy and Community Guidelines