Gryffudd's Second Challenge

Gryffudd

Thursday Marketing midterm mans no workout Wednesday. I should be able to get back on track starting Saturday, though.

I did manage 7 short chin-ups in a row without touching the ground. By short chin-ups, I mean my elbows were forming a right angle at the lowest point, then I pulled myself back up, rinse, repeat. I can occasionally dip a bit lower, but not much yet.

I did a couple pull-ups too, but those muscles aren't as strong. I drop back down after two. Doing okay, though. Going to keep my caloric intake down to compensate for not needing to feed the exercises, so hopefully I can lose a little bit more weight before the end of the week.

Hope everyone's doing okay.

Well, end of my second challenge, so lets see how I did:

Goals: 

1) I apparently haven't been doing real chin-ups, since my doorframe isn't tall enough for that. With the new outside workout spot, and some decent weather, I'm hoping I can work on those enough to be able to do sets of 3 of them. 
2) My push-ups are kinda pitiful right now. I know I can do better. I aim to be able to do sets of 10 of those. 
3) Edit: I guess I'll go with dropping 6 pounds. I think I can do that and it is one of my main reasons for doing this. 

Life Side-quest: I need to make sure I keep my finances under control, and one of my biggest is food. I'm going to try to track my food costs and keep them under an average of 70 dollars each week. I'm not entirely sure this is realistic, but reducing my costs even a little will help. 

Goal #1) Still no real chin-ups, but I can now do sets of 7 short chin-ups without touching the ground in between, so I'll take that as a win. I am getting closer to doing real chin-ups, too.

Goal #2) Success. My workouts are up to 4 sets of 10 push-ups.

Goal #3) Pretty much reached. I lost 5.5 pounds, so I'm going to count it as close enough. :)

Life quest-wise, I found out I'm spending about 70 a week on food, so that's okay. I should drop it a bit lower, if I can. And I still need to watch general spending.

So I'm considering it an A generally, though a couple of areas are kinda B+. :)

The next challenge I'll probably be continuing mostly the same, but pushing a bit farther. Instead of push-ups, I may do pull-ups. Get both sides of my arms evened out. :)

Well, end of my second challenge, so lets see how I did:

So I'm considering it an A generally, though a couple of areas are kinda B+. :)

The next challenge I'll probably be continuing mostly the same, but pushing a bit farther. Instead of push-ups, I may do pull-ups. Get both sides of my arms evened out. :)

Great job!  You must be doing a lot of things right all the time to lose 5.5 pounds in six weeks.  Plus school and on a limited budget.  Way to go!

Level 56  Viking paladin

My current challenge    Battle log 

Important Information

New here? Please check out our Privacy Policy and Community Guidelines