Lilbichy's goals to just become more awesome!

lilbichy

All life goals are directed mainly towards just becoming more AWESOMESAUCE!  =) 

Goal #1 – To be awesome you must look and feel awesome!  Gym Time baby! (+3 DEX, +3 STA)

As the awesome mother that I am, I have recruited my lucky daughter to work out with me 2 days a week!   I recruited her for short periods last challenge but decided to step it up a notch and got a couple longer workout videos for us to do.

Tabata workouts seem to be the hot new awesome workout to do, so of course, I want to try it out.  Two days a week I will complete a full body Tabata workout that I found on the internet, which I can easily switch up at any time when I get bored!

Cardio makes you feel awesome!  I am also adding a minimum of 200 minutes of cardio a week.  This does not include the Tabata or videos (or lunch walk for that matter).  This will be a piece of cake with how much I hang out at the gym already.  =)

Grading: Each week will equal 5 points (2 for videos, 2 for Tabatas and 1 for 200 min of cardio) for a total of 30 points.

A = 27 + points, B = 24-26 points, C = 21-23 points, D = 18-20 points, F = < 18 points (Fail!)

Goal #2 – Rest the body/Rest the mind.  (+3 WIS)

Stretching is a must.  Every day I must stretch for at least 10 minutes after my workouts.  Two days a week I will also focus on stretching for at least 30 minutes.

I think the only time my mind truly slows down is when I am asleep.  Three nights a week I would like to meditate for 10 minutes prior to bed time.

Grading: Each week will equal 10 points (7 for stretches and 3 for meditating) for a total of 60 points. 

A = 54+ points, B = 48-53 points, C = 42-47 points, D = 36-41 points, F = < 36 points.

Goal #3 – Feed the body. (+4 CON)

All other challenges I focused on eating a specific way.  I want to switch things up a bit.  My focus will not be to create an eating plan and stick to it.  If I have it already figured out what is for dinner, I don’t have to rummage through my fridge and then just decide on a pizza.  No eating crap just because I am too tired to figure out anything else.  I have it set, heat up, eat, good to go.             

On the pizza note….. I will allow myself 6 cheat meals throughout this challenge.  Another new concept for me, previously I had the all or nothing mentality.  These are meals, not days!  (a note I must continue to remind myself!)

Grading: Each day is worth 4 points (3 meals and 1 snack) for a total of 168 points.

A = 151+ points, B = 164-150 points, C = 118-163 points, D = 101-117 points, F < 101 points.

Goal #4 – Life goals that will make it/me more awesome! (+2 CHA)

Continue working on my self-esteem workbooks daily instead of weekly, and putting the practices in place.  What good is it to read something useful if you never intend to use it? 

Japanese!  My kids are learning Japanese in school.  We all watch anime together in Japanese.  My goal is to have a Japanese word of the day at our house.  Hopefully we can eventually tell each other off in Japenese with more creativity than just calling each other Baka.

Grading: Since both of these are daily, there will be 1 point for each every day for a total of 84 points.

A = 76+ points, B = 67-75 points, C = 59-66 points, D = 50-58 points, F = <50 points.

Side goal – Be more social!  I would like to go to 6 social things during this challenge.  Family meals/get togethers do not count on this.  I think I need to catch up with old friends, make new ones, etc.

(Edited to change points awarded for diet to 1 for each meal instead of total for day)

Awesome goals! These are totally doable and challenging. One thing you might think about is that it can be hard to meditate just before bed. For me, it isn't easy to go to sleep after meditating, and I find myself more easily distracted when I'm tired at night. Make sure you have a plan B if that is the case for you.

Can't wait to see how you do this challenge!

level 10 Half Ogre Ranger

Healers Brigade

1st  | 2nd | 3rd | 4th | 5th | 6th | 7th | 8th | 9th | 10th | 11th | 12th | 13th | 14th | 15th | 16th | 17th | 18th | 19th | 20th | 21st | 22nd | 23rd | 24th | 25th | 26th | 27th

Current

I try and catch my mediatation time when I can, which isn't the best strategy either. I find I do best either right after lunch or just after breakfast.

Healers Brigade

1st  | 2nd | 3rd | 4th | 5th | 6th | 7th | 8th | 9th | 10th | 11th | 12th | 13th | 14th | 15th | 16th | 17th | 18th | 19th | 20th | 21st | 22nd | 23rd | 24th | 25th | 26th | 27th

Current

Holy cow I have been a total slacker so far this challenge.  Eating is a disaster.  I have completed my workouts  and stuff, very very forced.  I have been extremely stressed since my house flooded from storms and I feel like my life is in chaos.  It was my bedroom that flooded so most of my furniture is scattered.  I know its not an excuse but I think I have been using food to comfort me instead of just dealing with the stress.  I feel back to normal now.  This mornings workout was fantastic!  Felt great!  I am doing a 3 day juice fast and so far so good.  This mornings juice was delish!  Now to get life back in order!  =)

Just imagine how epic it will sound in 5 weeks when you can say, "I got all As even having been flooded out of my bedroom in the first week."

Healers Brigade

Current

Just imagine how epic it will sound in 5 weeks when you can say, "I got all As even having been flooded out of my bedroom in the first week."

No big deal. Just working through a flood. The rest of the challenge will be a breeze!

And that's awesome that you've gotten all the workouts in. I'm glad things are getting back to normal for you!

I managed through week 1, barely.  I ended up sick on Thursday and went home to sleep for like ever.  I am feeling so much better now and my house is back in order finally.  I woke up to the sound of more rain this morning!  I wanted to throw a temper tantrum with hopes it would go away, luckily it is not a heavy rain again. 

I failed miseribly at eating last week.  I definitely got an F on this one.

My workouts were fine though.  I managed to get both videos and tabatas done, as well as 300 minutes of cardio on top of those workouts (and not counting my lunch walks at work).   I got all my stretching done for the week too!  That is probably harder than the workouts.

I did my daily workbook chores, tortured my kids with Japanese word of the day and made time for my meditations. 

I am ready to hit this week harder =) 

So hard to maintain routines when catastrophes intervene. Sounds to me like you bounced back pretty darn quickly!

I find meditating first thing in the morning works best, at least for me. If I try to meditate at night, I just go to sleep. Meditation actually requires a fairly alert mind.

On the other hand, if you're meditating mostly in order to go to sleep, just before bedtime might work great.

Human Ranger, Level 10
Long-term Goal: Hike WA section of Pacific Crest Trail, August 2014

Current Challenge | Facebook (personal & locavore) | Blog | Twitter

"You stand at the verge, and you could become anything." - Dan Chaon

I tried to meditate one night before bed and totally fell asleep.  LOL it was another rough week.  I ended up missing 1 of the video workouts with my kids due to power outage.  We didnt even attempt to make it up either, which is my fault, I decided to sleep in and rest friday and saturday.  LOL it was awesome!

I ran a 5k on sunday which was fun and then finished up my weekly workouts to get points for all but the 1 Video, so workouts was 80% this week. 

I started getting anxiety about creating and following meal plans so I decided to just change my goal to be eating healthy for my meals, and not skipping meals LOL.  Last week I got an 71% on this goal.

I got 100% on other goals and did bonus social outing over weekend!  Onward to week 3 =)

I think not having an actual goal at the end has made this challenge a bit more difficult.  I have set up to have goals for the future coming up, another anime con, some concerts and stuff =)  Also getting my kids healthier.

I completely failed this challenge =(  got so unmotivated and just lost focus.  I kept working out 5-7 days a week but it was just cardio, nothing special.  My eating was a complete fail.  Which ended up showing on the scales.  I gained like 5 lbs.  Oh well.  I am ready to go for next challenge though.  =)

ty athena for checking in! 

I completely failed this challenge =(  got so unmotivated and just lost focus.  I kept working out 5-7 days a week but it was just cardio, nothing special.  My eating was a complete fail.  Which ended up showing on the scales.  I gained like 5 lbs.  Oh well.  I am ready to go for next challenge though.  =)

ty athena for checking in! 

That was then. This is now. Looking forward to seeing what the next challenge holds--for both of us!

I've been setting up a home gym in a room above my garage. Very pleasant up there! I've got a weight machine with cables that make it work like free weights, yoga mat, Swiss ball, treadmill, and plan to get/build a pullup/dip frame. (I live in a strawbale house, so the doorways don't work for that kind of pullup bars. I tried.) The whole room is carpeted, so should work well for floor exercises. In short, can't wait to start going to my "gym" on a regular basis now!

See you starting Monday!

Human Ranger, Level 10

omg can i come work out at your house?  

Wish you could! I could use a buddy to help me get out there in the rain, cold, and dark (the time I have to exercise is early morning or late night--will be dark either way). The wet flight of stairs is the  creepy part...  But, hey! That's why we call these things challenges!

Human Ranger, Level 10

Important Information

New here? Please check out our Privacy Policy and Community Guidelines