Sammiejune29 Tames the Dragon

sammiejune29

This challenge is not going as well as I hoped. That is not to say its going terribly, but it could be better.

I'm still struggling to find balance. Balance between work and play. Balance between social time and alone time. Balance between getting enough stuff done and getting enough sleep. It seems to be either one or the other. I spend 2 or 3 days completely immersed in work and school projects. Then feel so dead that I spend another 2 or 3 days barely getting anything productive done. Yoga has helped some. I always feel more calm and relaxed after a yoga class. I don't get that same feeling from doing yoga on my own though. At least not yet.

I've also been having motivation problems as far as working out goes (working out beyond yoga that is). I think part of it is that I just feel tired all the time. And I don't know why I feel tired all the time. Even when I get enough sleep I still feel tired.

For so long I felt like I was making progress. Now I feel like I'm running as fast and hard as I can to just stay in place. I liked progress much better. Lol. But in order to help I'm going to make a list of good things.

List of things that are going well:

• Classes are going well. I'm getting good grades and making progress.
  • Both my jobs are going well. My bosses really appreciate everything that I do.
  • I can comfortably wear jeans again. Makes cold weather a little more manageable.
  • Yoga is absolutely wonderful and I love it.
  • Cooking is enjoyable. I like having Daniel and his boy over for nice homecooked meals once a week.
  • I've been reading some very enjoyable books lately.

That's about all I've got for now.

Level 7 Half-Elf Assassin
STR: 22.5 | DEX: 13.75 | STA: 15.75 | CON: 18.5 | WIS: 17 | CHA: 12

Challenges: First, Second, Third, Fourth, Fifth, Sixth, Unchallenge, Seventh

Maybe for right now, doing yoga is enough. Then in spring when the weather is nice you can do some bike rides. If you are fitting into your jeans, then what you are doing is working. Two thoughts on your tiredness; your body may still be recovering from your accident, and you are going to school and have 2 jobs-that is a lot on your plate.

Wisdom 21   Dexterity 11   Charisma 14   Strength 18  Constitution-12

Elastigirl Endeavors, Experiments, , and Explains - Current Challenge: May 9 to June 12 - Nerd Fitness Rebellion

"If more of us valued food and cheer and song, above hoarded gold, it would be a merrier world" J.R.R.Tolkien

I agree with Elastigirl, that's a tonne of stuff you've got going on, but also a lot of good things going on too, and something's going right if your jeans are fitting great.

Don't think that you're not making progress. That list of good things, that's all life progress, especially the school and jobs, and that's great. Maybe fitness progress has to take a back seat for a little while, and that's ok. You're doing yoga, and more importantly, you're enjoying it. When warmer weather comes around again, or when classes end, or if Daniel and his boy decided to cook for you one night, maybe then you can throw a little extra on there, but until then, that's still a whole lot of awesome going on.

Dare mighty things

Current Challenge

When there's so much on your plate, something has to give.  I think keeping up with work, school, good dietary choices, and yoga is plenty.  I'm sure at some point in the future, your school and work loads will decrease, and you'll have more time for workouts.  Until then, there's no need to stress out over it.   :)

Level 30? who the hell knows anymore? Direwolf Assassin/Ranger - current challenge

ACL rehab thread      2016 parkour

My tutorials:

handbalancing: crow, flying crow, side crow, crow->headstand->crow  Bo staff: strikes 1 2 3, spins 1 2

Challenge #5 - Wrap Up

Main Goal

- Find my zen & rebuild my habits to have consistency & balance between work, school, life and working out

Overall Grade: B-/C+

- This challenge didn't actually go so badly. I was really horrible about updating. And my strength workouts were not what I wanted them to be. I got out of the habit when I was sick and I'm still struggling with re-establishing the habit, especially because life is taking most of my will power lately.

Goal #1 - Strength workouts (mostly BW) 2-3x's per week

Possible Points: 3 STR, 2 DEX

Grading: A = 15+ / B = 12-14 / C = 9 - 11 / D = 6 - 8 / F = 5 or less

Beginner Yoga Class gets me 0.5 points

Hatha Flow Class gets me 1 point

Full Body Strength Workout gets me 1 point

Week 1 - sick 0 - no penalty

Week 2  - sick 1.5 - no penalty

Week 3 - 1.5 (1 beginner yoga, 1 hatha yoga)

Week 4 - 1.5 (yoga open house, 1 beginner yoga class)

Week 5 - 0.5 (1 beginner yoga class)

Week 6 - 2.5 (2 yoga classes, 1 full body strength routine)

Jumping: No jumping, so no DEX point

Outcome: Total 7.5 points - adjusting for lack of penalty from being sick I'm giving myself a C

Final Grade: C

Points Awarded: 1 STR, 1 DEX

Goal #2 - Biking, hiking, yoga or running (maybe even horseback riding) at least once per week

Possible Points: 2 STA, 2 WIS, 1 CHA
Grading: A = 9+ / B = 6 - 8 / C = 4 - 5 / D = 2 - 3 / F = 1 or none

Outcome: Lots and lots of yoga classes, plus one bout of hiking

Final Grade: A+

Points Awarded: 2 STA, 2 WIS, 1 CHA

Goal #3 - Cook at least one meal per week from fresh ingredients

Possible Points: 4 CON
Grading: A = 7+ / B = 5 - 6 / C = 3 - 4 / D = 2 / F = 0 - 1

Outcome: Did one meal per week for a total of 6. I was hoping to get in an extra one at some point but my crazy busy life did not allow that.

Final Grade: B+

Points Awarded: 3.5 CON 

Health/Fitness Side Goal - Buy minimalist footwear

Possible Points: 1 WIS
Grading: A or F

Outcome: Never made the time for it :(

Final Grade: F (FAIL)

Stealing the Heart of the Volcano!: +1 DEX

New Stats:

STR: 19.5 + 1 = 20.5 STR

DEX: 11.25 + 2 = 13.25 DEX

STA: 13.25 + 2 = 15.25 STA