Spider's Fall Fun!

Spider

Tuesday has seen me do some flylady in the kitchen, which promptly got undone since I had to bake a tipsy cake this afternoon! But, I went to Pilates with my mom, which is going to be my bbwwo today. I also kept to the diet, with a stretch to include a little bit of potato today.

Total so far:

1. 6 BBWWO/30DS/BD

2. 7 Yoga

3. 3.0 Walk

4. 6 Diet

5. 5 Flylady

Spider

Hedgewitch Druid, Level 3

STR 8 | DEX 7 | STA 5.5 | CON 4 | WIS 8 | CHA 6

Just Ended Challenge: Spider Goes Back to School

“Even if you are on the right track, you’ll get run over if you just sit there.†― Will Rogers

What's a tipsy cake? My mind went straight to a cake full of booze :tongue:

You got it in one! My version is a spice cake with drunken pears, crystallized ginger, and pecans, plus half a cup of whiskey in the cake. Then, after it's done, you put half a cup of butter, half a cup of sugar, and half a cup of whiskey in a saucepan and cook it down toad syrup. Then you soak the cake in it before you turn it out onto a plate. It keeps forever and only tastes better over time.

I've been on fall break, so I've not been visiting the site like I should. I did yoga Wednesday, but not Thursday, and I did yoga today. I kept my diet Thursday and today, and did my flylady today.

Tomorrow, I have dance class to teach, then I'm headed to an sca event, where I'm planning on staying overnight. I have little control over feast (though I know the menu, and while it won't be primal/paleo, it will be pretty healthy this time, for a change), and there will be mead tasting later. So, I'm going to update with my totals for tomorrow, too: diet no, exercise yes, flylady no.

Total so far: (this one including Saturday)

1. 7 BBWWO/30DS/BD

2. 9 Yoga

3. 3.0 Walk

4. 8 Diet

5. 6 Flylady

Spider

“Even if you are on the right track, you’ll get run over if you just sit there.†― Will Rogers

Nothin new on Sunday. I did minimal flylady, because I was making a cake for my mom's birthday (I make half recipes and use 2 6" pans-- great portion control!) and getting ready to go back to work after a week off.

Spider

That cake sounds awesome! When you make half recipes of baked stuff, how do you divide the smaller amounts of ingredients (like 1/4 teaspoon of whatever becomes 1/8 tsp) - do you eyeball it or did you somehow find measuring spoons small enough? Baking is somewhat foreign to me, but I have this impression that unless you have the exact amount of baking powder, etc that the recipe calls for that disaster will strike!

That cake sounds awesome! When you make half recipes of baked stuff, how do you divide the smaller amounts of ingredients (like 1/4 teaspoon of whatever becomes 1/8 tsp) - do you eyeball it or did you somehow find measuring spoons small enough? Baking is somewhat foreign to me, but I have this impression that unless you have the exact amount of baking powder, etc that the recipe calls for that disaster will strike!

Baking soda based recipes can be frozen, so, I tend to make a full recipe of cake and place the 2 cups each of batter in the small pans and freeze the remainder for mini loaf cakes to give away at the holidays.

Rough week coming back to work, with the light being so dark (they have us starting at 7 am, so I'm getting up at 5 and at work before 6:45--- I'm teaching before the sun even comes up. It's ridiculous!), and I've only manganese yoga Monday and today.

I did, however, get some push-ups, boat pose crunches, and leg work in yesterday. I plan to do the same tonight!

Spider

Okay, big check in! I hate getting up in the dark, and hate not gettin home in time for yoga due to pesky things like work (hah!).

Monday yoga and bbwwo

Tuesday nothing, because dermatologist appt

Wednesday faculty meeting prevented yoga, but yes to bbwwo

All three days I kept to the diet, but no flylady.

I did do flylady on Saturday and Sunday, plus I had my bellydance class on Saturday morning.

Total so far: (including today)

1. 10 BBWWO/30DS/BD

2. 10 Yoga

3. 3.0 Walk

4. 11 Diet

5. 8 Flylady

Spider

Important Information

New here? Please check out our Privacy Policy and Community Guidelines