Beezas first challenge!

Hey All!,

I'm Bernice, I joined Nerd Fitness like 2 weeks ago, and I have already decided to do my first challenge!

Main Quest: Be under 110Kgs by wedding anniversary (October 31st for those playing along at home).

How am I going to do this?

* Limit alcohol intake to 1 bottle of wine/3 small bottles of cider a week.

* 30 minute walk before work At least SOME sort of a walk before work, at least 3 days a week, with my 5km walk every sunday.

* Limit takeway to once a week.

Life Quest

*Practice for my voice lessons at least three times a week.

My three biggest issues are drinking too much alcohol, not exercising enough ever since I got my license, and eating too much fast food.

As of this morning, I weigh 114.5kgs. I managed to get down to 113 just a few days ago, but ruined it all with one bad day of eating. I KNOW that my diet is one of my biggest hurdles.

This challenge is just step one. Next time, Il'll be aiming to get under the 3 figures! Wish me luck guys, I'm going to need it.

Challenge 1 starting weight 8/2/16:  126kgs

Challenge 2 starting weight 29/2/16: 123.3kgs

"When something goes wrong in your life, yell PLOT TWIST, and move on"

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/gothicbeeza

Here's by biggest motivator so far. I just took a "health age" test, and it came up as 32. I'm 23! 

Having a health age nearly 10 years above my actual age is shocking. I know these tests can be a little iffy, but it just re-affirms what I already knew - that it's time to get serious about re-claiming my life and my body.

Just completed my first mission on Zombies! Run. Actually a lot of fun. So I just did a 2.5km fast paced walk for todays exercise. I've been pretty bad about my exercise this week, so it was nice to get out in the fresh, brisk air.

Ah yeah I should probably pick a side quest!

I take voice lessons, but I don't practice enough which is really bad. So my life side quest will be to increase practice to a minimum of 3 times a week.

End of week one update:

Interesting week overall. Up until the weekend I had been super bad - 2 takeaway meals and not as much exercising as I would like. Then, once Saturday hit, I totally upped my game! 

We had pretty terrible weather here over the weekend (so much for Spring!), So instead of the 5km walk I was planning on doing on Sunday, I did my usual 2.5km on Saturday and the same again on Sunday - HOWEVER, on Saturday I completed the intro to Zombies Run! which was so much fun. I did Wk1D1 on Sunday - I actually RAN guys, it's insane - but I wasn't able to complete the last 10 minutes free-form as the rain started to really pick up and I decided it was safer to go home at that point. I'll re-do the mission on my next trip out. I need to add in another half a Km or so as 2.5km isn't enough for this mission. But still pretty happy where I am in regards to that.

Weight wise, I dropped from 114.5kgs (252 pounds) at the start of the challenge to 112.7kgs (248.5 pounds) this morning. That's 1.8kgs - nearly 2kgs in just one week!

I know that if I get a little stricter with my diet, and work out a little more, that I will blast through that 110Kgs goal and be well on my way to that 100kg mark.

I have also started using 2kg weights to try and get rid of some of the flab around my arms - I have literally no upper body strength whatsoever, So hoping that will change, and I'm looking into starting yoga with one of my friends to help centre myself and get a little more flexible.

As for a grading, I'm going to give myself a C. Yes, I lost weight but I was kinda bad with the diet and didn't exercise enough on the weekdays, but I did get some in on the weekend. 

Stick with me guys, I know I can do this :)

Hell has frozen over ladies and gentlemen - I went for a walk/run ON A WEEKNIGHT! We had such a rare day of nice weather that I had to take advantage and do Zombies Wk1d2 yesterday evening. I loved it. On the days where I can't be bothered dragging my butt out of bed at 5am to go workout, I will do it in the evening as the sun is setting.

Yay me :)

I'm going to be facing my biggest challenge tomorrow - going to the Swan Valley for a friends birthday for a day filled with wine tasting and bad food, culminating at a burger joint for dinner. How the hell am I supposed to get through this day without completely screwing myself over!

I should be ok with the wine - I actually get migraines if I drink too much wine so that will help me abstain, but when your only options for food are chocolate, cake, and burgers, there's very little you can do.

Any suggestions guys?  

End of Week 2 update:

One word: disaster.

I wish it wasn't the case, but unfortunately, I kinda feel like I need to fail myself for this week, for one huge reason.

I was TERRIBLE with food. Even before the wine tasting day on Saturday, I was on track to post a 100g gain (which wouldn't have been so bad I guess). At the winery tour, we kinda gorged on turkish bread, pate and cheeses (and then bought a cheese because it was so nice). The next day, MORE turkish bread, pate and cheese while just chilling at home.

On the exercise front, I really thought I had done enough. Did 2.5km walk on Wednesday, then a 5km walk with running drills (Zombies Week 1 day 3) on Saturday, and then 2.5k walk with running drills (no app, just did this on my own volition) on Sunday, and then another 5km walk with running drills (Zombies Week 2 day 1) on Monday. Looking back, I should have given myself a rest day as on Monday (which was a public holiday btw otherwise I probably wouldn't have been able to do 5k) I didn't feel 100% in my workout.

This all added up to a 500g (around 1 pound) weight gain. I'm still down from my starting weight at the beginning of the challenge, and I've heard Week 2 is usually a bit of a bitch, but I'm so disappointed in myself.

This week, I'm going harder - I've decided to keep a food journal seeing as food is still my demon, and I'm going to start doing some weight training on my rest days.

STATS

Starting Weight: 114.5kgs

End of Week One: 112.7kgs

End of Week 2: 113.1kgs

Zombies progress: Week 2, day 1.

There are some days, like today, like I feel completely inadequate.

I look at other peoples blogs (i'm a beauty blogger), at their totally awesome Halloween looks (and looks in general I guess), and then I look at my own, and feel inadequate.

I read through the forums here. I see that I'm not doing as much work as some people, not losing as much weight as some people. And I feel inadequate.

Some days, I don't feel like I pull my weight in my marriage - even though my husband assures me I do. Whenever I forget to do the dishes, or need to ask him for money for petrol, I feel completely and utterly inadequate.

Sorry if this is such a depressing post. It may seem like I'm fishing for comments, or affirmations. Maybe I am. Maybe I just need to feel loved, or a little bit special. I just needed to get this off my chest, and this seemed like a much safer place than Facebook.

End of Week 3 update:

This was quite and up and down week for me. After the weight gain of the previous week, it just kept going up and up! I don't want to fail myself completely, as I did manage to get in a teeny tiny loss, but still.

Not sure what to say for week 3. Week 4 has started MUCH better already. I went for a wall/run last night with Zombies Wk2D3, and actually ran more than I walked. I'm finally ENJOYING running. I made it back to my house with 5 minutes to spare last night so I decided to go for a brisk walk this morning to finish it off, and added an extra 10 minutes - I got to work pretty early. I think if I keep up with 15-20 minute walks every morning before work it will really help this week. I'm not going to be doing anything strenuous, because I have my 7km charity walk this Sunday, but I still need to get some exercise.

I feel like something has finally clicked in me. the last 2 weeks of not so good results have finally spurred me to try a lot harder. with 3 weeks to go, and 3kgs to lose, its now or never.

(stats are in my signature).

Daily log - 8/10/2013

I have decided to start doing daily logs, as I feel like this is the only way to keep myself accountable. This will also help me keep better track of my goals (I have been pretty terrible up to this point).

Main quest goals:

- Alcohol - nothing for today (I don’t drink during the week anyway).

- Exercise - 15 minute walk before work.

- Take away - Today was our one takeaway day for the week. As long as we only have home cooked meals for the rest of the week, this is a pass.

Here is my food journal (gotta keep me honest)

- Breakfast: 350ml “up and go†(google it if you have to) - which is MUCH better than the things I was getting from the bakery!

- Lunch: 5 small, oven baked chicken wings, and an apple.

- Dinner: ¼ roasted chicken, small chips, small potato and gravy and two pineapple fritters.

Life Quest goals:

- Practice singing/vocal exercises - no practice for today.

My weeks will be Tuesday to Tuesday (Australian time), so that I sort of update at the same time as everyone else (and I have Monday to work off any nasties from the weekend).

Daily log - 9/10/2013

Main Quest:

- Alcohol: As per usual, none.

- Exercise: None before work, attempted BBWW, see notes below

- Take away: None

Food Journal:

Breakfast: 350ml Choc Ice Up and Go

Lunch: 6 small oven roasted chicken wings, 1 small oven roasted sausage (forgot to take my lunch with me, this was the best I could do without going full on “junk foodâ€.

Dinner: Paleo butter chicken, no rice :)

Exercise notes: So I attempted to do the Basic Body Weight Workout, and determined that I sucked. I pretty much only did one circuit, and not very well:

• 20 body weight squats - I think I managed 10 properly

• 10 push ups -  I cant do a pushup to save my life

• 20 walking lunges - Actually did this fine

• 10 dumbbell rows - Used a 5kg weight, 10 rows on each arm

• 15 second plank - 4 seconds maybe?

• 30 Jumping Jacks - This was fine, I could easily just do jumping jacks for an entire workout.

Pretty pathetic, but it’s a start. Plus I achieved all my fitness goals today (I’m counting my circuit as todays exercise even though I didn’t go before work because Perth has decided Spring doesn’t exist).

Life Quest:

- Practice: No practice today. REALLY need to step up my game as lessons resume next week.

Daily Log - 10/10/2013

Main Quest:

- Alcohol: As per usual, none.

- Exercise:15 minute brisk walk in a super hilly area before work, 10 minute walk at lunch.

- Take away: Failed :(

Food Journal:

Breakfast: 350ml Vanilla Ice Up and Go

Lunch: Grilled snapper, spinach and ricotta pattie (technically take away but at least reasonably healthy)

Dinner: half a gluten free chicken pizza with lots of veggies on it. It was still take-away, I can't excuse that, but I at least made better choices with it.

Life Quest:

- Practice: actually got a little bit of practice today! I can finally do my rollercoaster lip rolls (that will probably make absolutely no sense to anyone except me!).

I can't believe how much i'm suffering from the stupid squats yesterday. It hurts to sit down or stand up. I feel so pathetic. Hopefully I haven't done anything series before the charity walk Sunday.

Hey, I know your posting here as your food journal which is great, but have you heard of the myfitnesspal website and app? It's really helping me to keep track, especially as I can update the app on the go. And it breaks foods down into sugars, protein, fat etc. Maybe you already use it but just wanted to post in case you hadn't heard of it yet. I'm thinking of starting the zombie run....do you think its helped you? I have to say, the most running I've ever done is for the bus, and I usually feel like I lost half a lung along the way ^^ 

I'm loving Zombie Run. before I started I didn't think I could run at all, and just this morning I managed to go for at least a minute. I know its not much, but it is certainly building up!

Important Information

New here? Please check out our Privacy Policy and Community Guidelines