Beezas first challenge!

I fell a little behind on my updates, so heres everything (yay for google docs):

Daily Log 11/10/2013

Main Quest:

Alcohol: 1 bottle of wine - If i have no other alcohol this weekend, then this is fine.

Exercise: 15 minute walk with around 2 minutes worth of running thrown in before I even left for work this morning. 10 minute walk at lunch

Take-away: None.

Food Journal

Breakfast: Spinach and ricotta bread case (WHY did I do it?)

Lunch: 2 oven roasted chicken wings, 350ml Vanilla up and go.

Dinner: Vegetarian Burger.

Life Quest:

Practice: Failing, failing HARD

==============================================================================================================

I forgot to record my logs for the two days over the weekend, but I do remember that I had no more alcohol, I did my 7km walk on Sunday, and I had one other meal consisting of takeaway.

===============================================================================================================

Daily Log 14/10/2013

Alcohol: None

Exercise: None - but i needed a rest day after going so hard on Sunday.

Takeaway: None.

Food Journal

Breakfast: 250ml Strawberry up and go

Lunch: 2 oven baked chicken wings - seasoned.

Dinner: Steak with garlic mushrooms and sweet potato wedges - all home cooked :).

Life Quest:

Practice: ...do i even need to mention my failure?

=====================================================================

End of week 4 update.

I was hoping to lose more weight this week, but a loss is a loss. It just means I have to go harder in week 5. I need to ensure I STRETCH more as i was waaaay too sore for days after doing my first BBWW. I’ve been a little too scared to try again.

So yes, On Sunday I did my 7km walk for charity. I know it doesn’t seem like much, and honestly, I didn’t even struggle that much. maybe for the first 1km or 2, but once I was properly warmed up I was unstoppable. I managed it in 1 hour and 10 minutes. I know that it wasn’t supposed to be a race or anything, but I am quite happy with that time. I even managed to raise of $250 from friends and colleagues.

Here is my grading for this week:

Alcohol: A

Exercise; A+ - did 5 days worth instead of just 3

Takeaway: C (i need to be harsh on myself here)

Life quest: Pretty much failed.

Starting weight: 114.5

End of Week 4: 112.6

Challenge 1 starting weight 8/2/16:  126kgs

Challenge 2 starting weight 29/2/16: 123.3kgs

"When something goes wrong in your life, yell PLOT TWIST, and move on"

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/gothicbeeza

Daily Log 15/10/2013

Main Quest

Exercise: None so far. I know it’s just the beginning of my week, but I have to step up my game if I have any hope of hitting my weight loss goal.

Takeaway: Today is takeaway day, so I had 3 slices of pizza. It was totally unsatisfying, so i may have finally kicked the pizza!

Food Journal

Breakfast:  250ml Chocolate Up and Go

Lunch: 2 oven baked, seasoned chicken wings. 1 small mandarin.

Dinner: 3 slices of duck and bacon pizza. 4 mini chicken pieces

Snack: Black tea with two sugars (needed a little caffeine to get me through).

Life Quest

Practice: Actually did a decent amount of practice this morning. I really should take it from the car to the home, but I’m still a little embarrassed to practice around Hubby (even though he has heard me sing PLENTY of times). It’s the fact that I am just practising and I don’t know my pieces super well yet and probably don’t sound as good as I could. Maybe next challenge I will try to gain the self confidence to be able to perform at the Christmas concert.

I'm getting really bad at posting these on time. Oh well, here's yesterdays log:

Daily Log - 16/10/2013

Main quest

Exercise: quick 10 minute walk before work. Plus I attempted some squats, wall pushups and jumping jacks while waiting for the shower to heat up.

Takeaway: Naughty me had takeaway

Food Journal

Breakfast: 1 poached egg, 2 rashers of bacon and 2 hash browns (yes I know hash browns are bad, but at least I didn’t have the toast). I was kind of getting sick of the Up and Gos (even though they are clearly working).

Lunch: 2 oven baked chicken wings, seasoned. 1 small mandarin.

Dinner: I ordered a beef burger, small chips, small potato and gravy and a pineapple fritter and I was pretty much full by the end of the burger! This is HUGE guys! Soon I won’t be able to eat take-away at all except for special occasions.

I don’t think I’m getting enough natural sugar in my diet. The only reason that we got take-away was because by the end of the day I was so tired I could barely drive! I think I may have to start introducing one square of 85% cocoa chocolate a day to give me a bit of a kick.

Life Quest

Practice: YES! Actually practiced today! Go me!

I stepped on the scales today out of curiosity, and I am down to 112kg flat! I know it can fluctuate day by day, but that felt awesome.

Daily Log - 17/10/2013

Main Quest:

Alcohol: Nope!

Exercise: 10 minute walk for the hell of it this morning. Seriously, I was walking across the road from where I park to get some breakfast and I thought to myself “I feel like a walkâ€....so I did. I walked around the block, up to the bank and then back down to the shops to get breakfast. It felt awesome.

Take-away: None

Food Journal

Breakfast: 240ml Hazelnut flavoured Almond Milk (I promise tomorrow I’ll get the normal one).

Lunch: 1 small oven baked chicken wing, 4 mini chicken pieces - I seriously struggled with this guys! Like, this was too much food!

Snack:1 piece of 60% (they were out of 80%) raw cocao chocolate for a little energy boost.

Dinner: Chicken soft tacos with light sour cream, lettuce and sweet chilli sauce. Perhaps a little naughty, but nothing was deep fried and it was home made.

Life Quest

Practive: Yep, did a decent amount of practice this morning. My first lesson of this term has been pushed back to next week, which gives me extra time to practice some of breathing exercises I have been neglecting...and just like that, I have an automatic A for practice this week! YAY!

My clothes are actually starting to get too big! I came to work today with a skirt I’m amazed stayed on and a shirt that was almost tent like. I didn’t think that after the 7kgs I have lost in total since I started my initial weight loss journey would be showing this much. I feel like I am literally winding back the clock every day that I lose a little bit more.

Daily Log - 18/10/2013

Main Quest:

Exercise: 10 minutes before work, quick just under 10 minute walk at lunch to get food and do the banking.

Take-away: None

Food Journal:

Breakfast: 2 poached eggs, 1 rasher of bacon, mushrooms, and a lemon lime ice tea.

Lunch: 2 pork sausages (yeah I forgot my lunch and had to go to IGA), 120ml Vanilla Almond Milk (i really prefer the Hazelnut. It’s only an extra 50 calories, and it helps with the hunger).

Dinner: Small bowl of sweet potato wedges

Life Quest

Practice: None, but I have already hit my quota for the week so I’m pretty happy.

Pretty much a perfect day, both goals wise, and mentally. I had 2 dresses arrive today and they are very close to needing to be the size DOWN - which is so awesome.

Just over a week to go, and I am so close! Can’t stop now, 5km walk/run tomorrow (it’s been a while)

End of Week 5 update

I think this week went all right actually - One of my better weeks so far in the challenge. 

At the start of the week I really didn't think I was going to make my weight goal in time - I had a little bit of a breakdown (but I'm blaming hormones). Finally got back on track with my Zombies Run 5km training - I did Week 3 day 1, and I must admit that I really enjoyed it. Out of the 48 minutes that was the workout, I ran for 10! 2 of those non stop, So I'm really proud of myself. Plus I recorded a pretty decent weight loss. I think if I tweak things ever so slightly for this last week, I may get there!

So on to grading:

Alcohol: A- (I had an extra mouthful of wine)

Exercise: A+

Take-away: C (still the bane of my existence).

Practice: A! Yes! I managed to get in all my practice for the week. I think I will end up failing overall with my life quest, but as long as I pass everything else I will be very happy!

Starting Weight: 114.5Kgs (~252 pounds)

End of Week Five: 111.4Kgs (~245 pounds)

Onto....THE FINAL BATTLE!

Guys I may have to declare defeat. I have injured my knee - not too badly don't worry, making it difficult to work out, and I have already started to gain weight. With just a few days to go, it is impossible for me to lose 1.9kgs in my condition. It sucks - it means I will have to re-start my first challenge for the next round. 

3kg down in 5 weeks is great progress, don't beat yourself up over it!

I notice in your food logs you don't mention many vegetables - that might be something you can work on eating more of. They tend to fill you up for not many calories :)

"None of us can choose to be perfect, but all of us can choose to be better." - Lou Schuler, New Rules of Lifting for Women

Well the challenge is over. and my end weight is....110.9kgs. SO CLOSE! 

Thanks for the support guys. Im currently on holidays, celebrating my first wedding anniversary, so im being a little bit naughty, but at the same time trying to mentally prepare for the next challenge. I'm trying to decide whether I did well enough to pass through to my second challenge, or to re-do my first. 

Pretty bummed that I didn't succeed - I felt like it was such a small goal, it shouldn't have been such a problem. 

Again, thanks for the support. I guess ill see you on the other side.

Starting weight: 114.5kgs

End weight: 110.9kgs

Slow & steady is the way to go for weight loss. Most sources suggest no more than 1-2lbs per week (.45-.9kg) for healthy weight loss, and you were right in that range. Celebrate all the weight you did lose, and keep working at it, and don't sweat the little bit that you came short of your goal :)

"None of us can choose to be perfect, but all of us can choose to be better." - Lou Schuler, New Rules of Lifting for Women

Important Information

New here? Please check out our Privacy Policy and Community Guidelines