Snayll: taking the dusty book off the shelf

Hello all, after dropping out of my first challenge about 6 months ago, I'm here to give it another shot. I've been married 7 years and I'm a stay at home mom to a 4 year old boy and a 19 month old girl. We've had some unexpected and tough things happen in the last 4 years and I haven't taken care of myself, resulting in being quite underweight and not living a healthy lifestyle at all. We've wanted to be better for along time, but just never did it. Now, I've come to my moment. I don't have a choice anymore. We found out in July that baby #3 is on the way, due date March 15. We are very excited, but I know things must change. I have had issues with preterm labor in the past, so I know I'm at higher risk this time around. I know some things are out of my control, but with what is, I need to give this baby the best chance I can give it. 

I guess I can say my main goal is to get healthy for Peanut so I can be in good shape for the rest of the pregnancy, delivery, and those first few months after. Ultimate goal- to have more flexibility, control, endurance, and strength than I have ever had in my life.

1. Do bodyweight workout 4x a week  I'll be doing different groups each day, plan inspired by You Are Your Own Gym

2. Three solid meals a day. Snacking all day does not count.

3. ...I'm not really sure yet. I'll come back to it.

Life goal: Retrain the brain- I haven't taken care of myself in any way. I've let my faith get weak and my attitude go to crap. No more negativity, complaining, excuses, or quitting. I don't have a very strong personality, so things like persistence and determination are unfamiliar to me. I have to find them and I will.

Fairy-Nymph, left the world of Natural Powers to join the knighthood of the King

Pre-Adventurer

(STR) -1    (DEX) -2    (STA) -3 (CON) -4 (WIS) -3 (CHA) -3

Contents of bag: one fire flower

I've been eating a little better and started my workout. Wow, I am so out of shape, but I'm excited to get active again. My legs hurt and it wasn't even leg day. There's nowhere to go but up I guess. Looking forward to improvement.

Fairy-Nymph, left the world of Natural Powers to join the knighthood of the King

Pre-Adventurer

Getting started is the hardest part.  I'd say the 2nd hardest part is changing when you get used to a routine...that's what I'm going through now.  If you can keep it up for a couple of weeks, you'll stop worrying about it as much and it just kinda becomes a good habit.  I was told that for years but didn't actually believe it 'til I did it myself.

"You've been down there, Neo. You already know that road. You know exactly where it ends. And I know that's not where you want to be."  -- Trinity

Current Challenge:  http://rebellion.nerdfitness.com/index.php?/topic/37506-psychos-second-first-time-challenge-for-real-this-time/

Your goals are fantastic, and congratulations on baby number 3 :) I think getting healthy for your baby is an amazing thing, but also make sure you're doing it for yourself too, keep it up even after the little sprog has arrived haha.

Good luck!! I'm sure you'll be amazing :D

Level 8 Half Elf Ranger

STR:19 ~ DEX:6 ~ CON:21 ~ WIS:20 ~ STA:12 ~ CHA:9

Current Challenge - Previous Challenges: #1 #2 #3 #4 #5 #6 #7 #8 #9 #10 #11 #12

"Keep your friends close, and your enemies within 10 feet of the pack."

Thanks guys! I want to do what I can for baby, but I do get really bad at taking care of myself the first few months after. I'm going to plan ahead this time. I'm going to make lots of freezer meals to make sure I get enough to eat and I want to be in the best shape I can be before he/ she gets here so I have a bit more of a cushion when I can't do as much as I'd like to. It turns out I'm in worse shape than when I tried this last spring. I had to take an extra rest day because my toothpicks arms were hurting pretty bad after lifting my daughter up on a slide at the park for half an hour, but I'm ready to continue tonight. After seeing my in-laws in such poor health in their 50's, I really don't want that to happen to us. We need to be an example to our kids so they can make healthy choices. I was excited tonight, my four year old son asked me to show him how to do squats and burpees. I must be doing something right. 

Pre-Adventurer

Important Information

New here? Please check out our Privacy Policy and Community Guidelines