BettyRae - Once More With Feeeeeeeeeelings

BettyRae

I'mma try to keep it simple here...

Main Quest:

Lose 15 pounds

Starting Weight:  239

Ending Weight:  224

Support Goal 1:

Meditate/Visualize goal for 15 minutes every day.

Support Goal 2:

Train Like a Slayer Workouts (because of REASONS)

http://erinjerrett-f...ike-slayer.html

Support Goal 3:

Zombies, Run! 5K version (want to be prepared for any Dead Man’s Parties)

https://www.zombiesrungame.com/

Side/Life Quest:

Replace fast food and soda with packed lunches/home prepared meals and water/coffee/tea. Since I will be doing the Zombies, Run! 5K training, I will also be drinking my favorite coffee, the Reanimator…dun, dun, dunnnn!

http://www.justcoffe...alog/reanimator

(This could be considered directly related to the main quest, but really it’s also very related to other things like saving money, building general life skills, developing a creative relationship with food/meals, etc…so that’s my life quest and I’m stickin’ to it.)

Motivation: Two part

1)  I have some favorite pieces of clothing that I REALY want to be able to wear. (I mean, one of the super fun things about watching Buffy was seeing what everyone was going to wear each week!) My favorite clothes tend toward the following styles:  CPUs (Cayce Pollard Units), brooding gay lumberjack, anything Michael wore in the La Femme Nikita television series (c. 1997 – 2001) and sober Buddhist nun attends rock concert (which is more like straight up rock and roll, but not OVERLY). Shallow motivation? Arguably, but seriously try finding awesome clothes in a size 22-24. Yeah. And by yeah, I mean totally No.

2)  I have no energy right now and feel wholly lethargic. I want to leap tombstones in a single bound. Go dancing at the Bronze without puffing out after one song. Be FOCUSED while doing late night research sessions.

Grading on a standard 90% + A, 80% + B. 70% + C, 60% + D. <60% = FAIL

1 point each

Meditation/Visualization = every day (7 days a week week)

Slayer training = 3 strength workouts, daily cardio workouts, 5 stretching routines

Zombies, Run! 5K = 3 runs per week

Life Goal = start with 7 points per week. For each indiscretion, lose 1 point

p.s. I'll be tracking my progress on Fitocracy.

Bring on the Apocalypse!

Buffy+series+finale.jpg

• Like 1

"Oh, come on! Stake through the heart. A little sunlight. It's like falling off a log."  ~Buffy

Current Challenge

Accountability Group:

Once More With Feeling

Thanks ApfelStrudi! I got sidetracked last challenge, but REALLY am excited about these things, so yay for this next challenge! So far today I've only gotten meditation in, but it's not a bad way to start the day. :) I have to work soon, so exercise will have to happen tonight. Trying to figure out what food to take to work...dun dun dunnnn.

"Oh, come on! Stake through the heart. A little sunlight. It's like falling off a log."  ~Buffy

Current Challenge

Accountability Group:

Once More With Feeling

So, I didn't even realize the challenge started until last night, so the first day is basically a wash. *shrug*

Today:

Support Goal 1:  Meditate/visualize for 15 minutes.

Done - 15 minutes of buddha time right away this morning

Support Goal 2:  Train Like a Slayer Workouts

Not done - instead I'm printing out reference materials tonight so that I'm prepared to do them tomorrow.

Support Goal 3:  Zombies Run!

Not done - I played racquetball and went to the gym on Sunday night and tweaked something in my lower back, so I'm giving it an extra day before I do anything with any kind of impact.

Side/Life Quest:  No soda/fast food - Replace with homemade food and water/tea/coffee

Breakfast was oatmeal + milk

Took water bottle and thermos of Dark Magik coffee to work (mmmmm...)

Lunch was Subway Chx Bacon Ranch sub + diet soda + 2 cookies

Dinner was raspberry/walnut/bleu cheese salad + pork spring rolls + iced tea (I bought this at store, but am considering it homemade in this context)

I'd consider that pretty much a win (except for lunch).

Not a perfect day, but not the worst either. Tomorrow will be more awesomer yet. Also, racquetball date tomorrow! YAY!

Current Challenge

Accountability Group:

Once More With Feeling

Very, very good idea to pause the running until you're better.

Running gave me horrible knee problems but I never rested more than a day, and on those days I'd go to the gym or do other things that wouldn't put too much strain on my knees - but I didn't really rest them either.

So by the end of the challenge, I couldn't run at all anymore and even simply walking hurt like crazy.

So better to give it an extra rest day than to stop running completely! 

Just trying to get back on my feet. :)

ApfelStrudi is out of control

Yeah, take it slowly Betty. On my very first mission of zombie run last challenge, I made a knot in my left soleus :( I couldn't walk properly for 2 weeks! I want to run but my body don't want to, silly body >_> 

But I'll start the mission again, slowly.. without hurting myself this time! *crosses fingers*

Nuala, level 13 Robot mistress of pain, Assassin Guild leader

First journey: The Rise and fall of an Assassin

#1, #2, #3, #4, #5, #6, #7, #8, #9, #10, #11, #12, #13

Second journey: Crawling back

So by the end of the challenge, I couldn't run at all anymore and even simply walking hurt like crazy.

So better to give it an extra rest day than to stop running completely! 

D:  Gah! That does not sound fun!  I definitely don't want to be out of commission. Also, since I am playing racquetball tonight, I know that I'll be putting my body under some stress. I try not to play more than 2 times per week because it can be really jarring on the body. But it's sooooo fuuuunnnn!  :D

Hope things stay solid for you this challenge w/no major issues.  :D

Current Challenge

Accountability Group:

Once More With Feeling

On my very first mission of zombie run last challenge, I made a knot in my left soleus :( I couldn't walk properly for 2 weeks! I want to run but my body don't want to, silly body >_> 

But I'll start the mission again, slowly.. without hurting myself this time! *crosses fingers*

Yikes! I hate it when the body does something other than what I want! Hopefully you have returned to full working order. Definitely good luck with Zombies the second time around.  :)  You can do it!

Current Challenge

Accountability Group:

Once More With Feeling

Morning weight: still 239

Just did my 15 minutes of meditation/visualization. Was more scattered than yesterday. I'm not into acquiring "spiritual accoutrements" but I think I need a legit meditation zafu/zabuton set. It makes a difference for me.

Current Challenge

Accountability Group:

Once More With Feeling

Ok, let's see. Recap from yesterday...not good scoring wise, but good for me mentally.

Meditation? Check.

Slayer Training? Nope...but printed out reference sheets for at least one set of everything so that when I'm at the gym, I know what to do.

Zombies Run? Nope.

But...I did play racquetball for an hour and it was awesome. I love love love racquetball!

Side/life quest? Food was weird today. Didn't leave myself enough time in the morning, so went to the grocery store before work.

Lunch:  3 deviled eggs

Dinner:  4 Pork spring rolls w/bit of sauce, 1 banana, 1 Snapple

After work:  Small DQ blizzard (ice cream thing) which I wouldn't have gotten for myself, but my mum picked it up for me and I eated it.

Also, I did drink a decent amount of water today (I can tell by the number of times I had to pee), so that was good.

Morning weight: 237 (but probably because I didn't eat enough yesterday, which is not how I want to lose this weight. Will do better today).

Current Challenge

Accountability Group:

Once More With Feeling

I will be editing my daily post instead of posting 12 times on what I'm doing during the day...FYI.

Breakfast today:  bit o cereal with bit o milk. And some dark roast (Reanimator!) cold press coffee...RAHR!

Beverages:  a fair amount of coffee and even more water.

Snack:  ginormous blueberry bagel (toasted...why even eat bread that isn't hot?)

Lunch:  4 pork spring rolls and one mixed greens salad with strawberries, bleu cheese, pecans, raspberry vinaigrette dressing and a few little strips of chicken.

Snack:  KIND brand chocolate/peanut bar thing.

NO SODA!  :D

Exercise: 30 min. hardcore racquetball followed by assisted pullup/chinup/dip exercises. I sweat so much during racquetball, the floor got wet.

Still didn't do the actual planned exercises, but I'm not going to feel bad about doing some other badass exercise just because it's not on my list. I'll try to get more on plan as the challenge progresses.

Whoooops...forgot to meditate.  D:

Current Challenge

Accountability Group:

Once More With Feeling

Ha! It's crazy how much you have to pee once you start drinking properly, isn't it? I've never been able to drink enough my whole life up until now - and now that I do, I finally know why all the other girls go to the bathroom every 5 minutes. :D

Oof...right?! Lol...

Current Challenge

Accountability Group:

Once More With Feeling

Helllooooo! Just stopping by to say I *love* your grading system! Genius! Your goals are awesome and I share your want to fit better into clothes!... And I pretty much share your running goal - woopwoop! Well done for rocking it out!

Sent from my ST25i using Xparent BlueTapatalk 2

Level 6 Pirate-Ninja Ranger

“If you don’t like something, change it. If you can’t change it, change your attitude. Don’t complain.†~Maya Angelou

(STR - 12) (DEX - 8) (STA - 12) (CON - 14) (WIS - 12) (CHA - 8)

CHALLENGE 6: Neph Arrives fashionably late.

Thaaaaanks! This first week is kind of slapdash and I'm not sticking to my plan very well, but I'm doing some things right anyway which is better than doing everything wrong.  I punked out of the last challenge, so wasn't sure I wanted to drag my tail between my legs, back to the next challenge, but here I am!   :)   I'm planning on having my schedule more squared away as I begin week two.  Still...this week feels GOOD!  :D

Current Challenge

Accountability Group:

Once More With Feeling

Ugh...totally menstrual right now so pretending that Friday didn't even happen (no, no...my score will reflect it...I know.)  Saturday will be better. Also, not getting enough sleep is effing up everything about this challenge for me, soooo...going to try to focus on that unofficially (I say, typing this at 3:27 am).

Current Challenge

Accountability Group:

Once More With Feeling

RAH!! You need sleeeeeeeeeeeeeep!

It's ace you're not bailing out. Doing some stuff right is better than doing everything else ... not gunna say 'wrong'... because honestly, it's all an education. Every day is a school day around here ;) After being around this life style for around 2 years... I'm still learning! Is absolutely no shame in not doing it right first time... you're just finding hundreds of ways to not do it.

“If you don’t like something, change it. If you can’t change it, change your attitude. Don’t complain.†~Maya Angelou

Do I have to follow my own thread or do I not know how to get notifications for my own topics? Sorry...I totally missed your comments, friends. I can't haz teknologees.

I give myself an F across the board. I'm not even going to go back and count. But...I am actually making progress. Just not in the ways that I set up for the challenge. I'm just not historically good at challenges...lol.

I've been meditating about 50% of the time, which is 100% more than I normally do. I've also been playing racquetball a couple of times a week (sweating my ace off) and doing assisted pullup/dips about 4 days a week. A little bike riding. Cut my Diet Coke drinking down to about 20 oz every other day, which is HUGE - mostly because I'm mostly not eating out. Drinking more water and coffee instead (more water than coffee obvs.)

I'm not totally ditching the challenge, but we'll see how I do at following what I'm actually "supposed" to be doing. I don't care how many times I flounder these challenges, it will stick one of these times. Besides, I like hanging out with you nerds.

Current Challenge

Accountability Group:

Once More With Feeling

Ahhhh....ok, that makes sense. I seem to be getting my notifications for others that I am following (like yours), so should be good now. :)

Thanks also for the kind words. I'm having fun and feeling better regardless, so that can't be bad, right?  :D

Current Challenge

Accountability Group:

Once More With Feeling

Challenge or no challenge, you're making a difference. That's the best thing, surely.

I've been discussing this on another thread, but it feels like - on challenge three - I've 'matured' on my goal setting and challenge abilities, stick with it! It takes times but so long as every day is a little better than the last, you're on to a winner!

Chin up, sunshine.

Important Information

New here? Please check out our Privacy Policy and Community Guidelines