• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

vortexofsleep

Fellowship of the Bat (cross-guild)

Our fellowship began two challenges ago and spawned from a conversation between a bunch of newbies: we wanted to wake up and be badass, like Batman rolling out of bed and doing pushups.

Since then, we've turned Batman into an adjective, roughly equivalent to awesome.  "I felt so Batman."  "Great job, you're doing totally Batman on this challenge!"

All you need is grim determination and a desire for badassery.  I've found us to be ridiculously supportive and encouraging.

Sigh.  I'm so bad at writing promotions.  Join us.  We're fun.  You can verb nouns like Calvin. First-timers welcome.  Pushups not required as a goal. Square jaws also not required.  You may have nipples on your batsuit if you desire.

Batman.

tumblr_m4i5m3pNOl1qam81qo1_500.gif

Active Members in FotB with links to their current challenges and guild:

Vortex: Commence Optimization Mode (Adventurer)

AgentKatia: AgentKatia vs. DINOSAURS (Ranger)

Batwoman: Batwoman Begins (First Timer)

JenniferStark: Stopping Shots and Bad Habits: how Goalies level up (First Timer)

Batgirl: Becoming Batgirl (First Timer)

JoeDaddy: JoeDadd's back for more (Ranger)

Anathema: Anathema wakes up, says "Huh?" (Scout)

Iamatt122's Daring Escape from Bane's Prison (Adventurer)

Hi! I just flung my grappling hook up here and clambered aboard the Batcopter. Hope that's okay! My batsuit definitely has nipples, and my utility belt is made of awesome.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Hi! I just flung my grappling hook up here and clambered aboard the Batcopter. Hope that's okay! My batsuit definitely has nipples, and my utility belt is made of awesome. Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

I believe Bruce Wayne has a door leading to the awesome-mines. You must feel privileged to have had access to make your belt.

I wanted to do a mid-week, how is everybody doing?!

I'm keeping up with my exercises and diet; I also had my first motorcycle safety course last night.

Although, I am craving a burrito. I can't wait until cheat day:)

I'm feeling great!  Diet could be better but I'm staying within my calories and sticking to my workout plan.  I just barely started getting over the soreness from Sunday's 5x5 workout and I had to do another one this morning.  I'm feeling okay now but I know I'm going to be crippled tomorrow.  I'll just keep powering through it though.  Because that's what Batman would do :)

Welcome JoeDaddy and Anathema! 

I wanted to do a mid-week, how is everybody doing?!

I'm keeping up with my exercises and diet; I also had my first motorcycle safety course last night.

Awesome work Batwoman! We'll catch the Joker in no time. 

How was your motorcycle class? How many safety classes do you have to take to get your license?

I'm feeling great!  Diet could be better but I'm staying within my calories and sticking to my workout plan.  I just barely started getting over the soreness from Sunday's 5x5 workout and I had to do another one this morning.  I'm feeling okay now but I know I'm going to be crippled tomorrow.  I'll just keep powering through it though.  Because that's what Batman would do :)

Batgirl, from where I'm standing, you are doing AWESOME. Drink extra water today! Combat the sore! 

Me: This one has been a weird start for me because 1) I literally thought the challenge was starting next week, so I was behind to begin with, and 2) my two MAJOR components start tomorrow (running and Whole 30). So I'll let you know how I'm doing after the weekend ;) Pull-up work is going along, though, so there's that!

Me: This one has been a weird start for me because 1) I literally thought the challenge was starting next week, so I was behind to begin with, and 2) my two MAJOR components start tomorrow (running and Whole 30). So I'll let you know how I'm doing after the weekend ;) Pull-up work is going along, though, so there's that!

I wish I could do a pullup.  That would be awesome!  Someday :)

Class was great last night. I thought I would be one of the only girls there, but I would say the class was 50/50. #girlpower

We get out on the course on Sunday, which should be a lot of fun. Just 3 more classes left. It takes just 2 weeks to get through the safety course program. You have to take a written and a road test to acquire the license.

I'm on track!

-Stretching every day....check!

-Sugar free day.....check!  (although this is going to be REALLY hard in the future since we just hired a new pastry chef to teach our culinary students and the student-run cafe opened this week.  The desserts are insane.)

-Walking....beating my sister, even though it's only by three tenths of a mile.  She's crazy competitive, so I'm super gloating about this.

-BWW/Strength training.....TONIGHT! And I'm excited for it~

Welcome Joe and Anathema!

Hey, everyone, don't forget to follow this thread!  I want to do some general group stuff here in the future, so following is an easy way to make sure you see it.  Says me, who always forgets that there's a "Content I follow" link in my profile menu and still clicks around to see if people have updated...

Speaking of, I'm updating the first post to include links to all of our challenges~

When I took the motorcycle safety class it was crazy fun.  Especially when I got to ride around.

I cannot wait. I'm so excited:)

Welcome Joe and Anathema!

Hey, everyone, don't forget to follow this thread!  I want to do some general group stuff here in the future, so following is an easy way to make sure you see it.  Says me, who always forgets that there's a "Content I follow" link in my profile menu and still clicks around to see if people have updated...

Speaking of, I'm updating the first post to include links to all of our challenges~

Thanks for the links. You did all my work for me. Hooray I can go be lazy now!

Hey new friends and Accountabilibuddies . . . I posted this on my personal Chalenge thread but posting it here as well for extra-super Bat Accountability.

The first few days of this Challenge I was sick (gross sinus thing that has been wiping me out), plus traveling for business (nothing says fun like flying with a sinus infection!) Plus being kind of an emotional weenie because, lots of stuff.

So, my first 3 Challenge days basically didn't happen. Options at that point include . . . drop out and pretend the whole thing never happened. "Forget" to report those days on my thread. Lie. Or just man up, admit it was a crappy start, say unto myself and the Interwebz "Hey, those were three sucky days. Good thing there's 5+ weeks of Challenge left to go!". I'm going with Option 4. Accountability. It's what's for dinner!

Sinus issues suuuuuuuck.  Traveling with sinus issues sucks more.  Once I hiked about 1/3 of the way into the grand canyon and out again with a sinusitus, bronchitus and an ear infection all at the same time.  It was horrible.  Also I'd do it again.  I was worried that the park rangers would try to rescue me :D

Well, rescued by park rangers probably isn't as sexy as the way I'm imagining it . . . but I'll take my imaginary scenario! I need something to sustain my while I lie around home sick from work today . . .

P.S. Someone posted this on FB today. Thought I'd share :-)

http://imgur.com/1VeNOOJ

Okay, Bats!  The first week of this challenge is OH-VAH.  How's it going?

A word of caution: sometimes Week 2 is  a rough one.  The first week is full of enthusiasm and optimism, and a lot of times we overextend ourselves and push really hard, then end up totally depleted for week 2, then start thinking that we can't make it.  UNTRUE!  

If you're feeling burnt out already, scale it back some but still do something.  Stay in the game.  Do not betray your fellow Bats!

FOTB!!

Week 1 went well. I felt very Batman.

The measurements at the end of the week didn't show improvements, but I increased the number of push-ups I could do and the time on my planks. I also stuck to the 80% Paleo. I had even sectioned off a cheat day, but only had 2 cheat meals because I just felt sluggish after eating carbs.

I had my first road day on a motorcycle. It was frustrating because I want to be instantly perfect at everything because that is just my way. By the end of the day I was feeling pretty comfortable on the motorcycle and having a lot of fun.

So all in all a mighty fine week.

Now on to punch Monday in it's turkey neck.