If anyone familiar with MovNat and the idea of natural movement workouts? I'm trying to find out more about it but as far as I can tell there isn't much going on related to it in Boston and the web resources tend to be rather vague because they're trying to get you to come to their workshops.

Level 5 Viking Berserker

Str: 10 | Dex: 10 | Stam: 8 | Con: 15 | Wis: 18 | Cha: 12

Battle Log || Current Challenge Log

Fitocracy | My Fitness Pal | Runkeeper

Twitter | Xbox Live: ravnos13 | PSN: CrawlingChaos13

Nintendo ID | Steam ID | Battle.net: ravnos#1547

I live in M.A as well and looked into MovNat around a year ago. I couldn’t find much out, there workshops didn’t  come close enough for me to join one. I did email them inquiring about their forum and was told its not open to outside folks. I like the idea behind MovNat, but was kind of turned off by their approach.

Yeah that's a bit shady/douche-ish.

I mean the idea seems pretty basic, it's how I played as a kid (ah growing up in the mountains). I'm interested in the philosophy and some of the other stuff around it though.

I guess Mark's Daily Apple pushes a lot of the same ideas as them though, so there's a bonus.

I'll be checking out their WOD for a while at least and seeing if I can start incorporating any of it into my routines, though this is hard living in a city.

Level 5 Viking Berserker

Hey guys

Thought I could help you out a little bit. I'm a Movnat certified trainer.

With regards to the online resources, there was not a lot to begin with mainly inspirational videos, over time more has been produced and the Movnat of the days have been a big progression with that. The forum is for Movnat Certified Trainers, but there is a facebook page as well as an alumni group (though you need to have attended a workshop to join the group). There's also a book coming out some point next year I think

For finding stuff near you, Movnat itself only has a small team of trainers so can't get to everywhere. With more an more people becoming certified and more people becoming partners/affiliates hopefully you'll be able to get to something soon even if it's not officially called Movnat.

With regards to the idea being simple, in essence it is while at the same time being very complex. When I first discovered it, I though great, went out and to prat around in the woods and spent several years without much direction, until I found more information. To use a metaphor if you we're given a guitar (assuming you can't play), you would be able to make some noise and possibly some cool little tunes. On your own it would take a long time to work out how to get good, if you had a book or some guide then you would pick things up much faster and if you had an expert teaching you then you would get things even faster and be told what your doing wrong. Movnat is the teacher and guide to movement, taking the skills we learn as a child and refining them into a masterpiece.

I hope that helps guys, I started a posted a while for people to share Movnat training ideas, but I've been busy setting up my business and adjusting to being self employed so not kept up with Nerd Fitness Community as much I'd like to, will endeavor to update it more.

Level 4 Werewolf Ranger

Str: 7.5, Sta: 3, Dex: 6, Con: 10, Wis: 10.5, Cha: 5.5

Skills

Drawing l Cold resistance l Self Discipline

"Luck is an accumulation of hard work and focused attention"

Hey guys

Thought I could help you out a little bit. I'm a Movnat certified trainer.

With regards to the online resources, there was not a lot to begin with mainly inspirational videos, over time more has been produced and the Movnat of the days have been a big progression with that. The forum is for Movnat Certified Trainers, but there is a facebook page as well as an alumni group (though you need to have attended a workshop to join the group). There's also a book coming out some point next year I think

For finding stuff near you, Movnat itself only has a small team of trainers so can't get to everywhere. With more an more people becoming certified and more people becoming partners/affiliates hopefully you'll be able to get to something soon even if it's not officially called Movnat.

With regards to the idea being simple, in essence it is while at the same time being very complex. When I first discovered it, I though great, went out and to prat around in the woods and spent several years without much direction, until I found more information. To use a metaphor if you we're given a guitar (assuming you can't play), you would be able to make some noise and possibly some cool little tunes. On your own it would take a long time to work out how to get good, if you had a book or some guide then you would pick things up much faster and if you had an expert teaching you then you would get things even faster and be told what your doing wrong. Movnat is the teacher and guide to movement, taking the skills we learn as a child and refining them into a masterpiece.

I hope that helps guys, I started a posted a while for people to share Movnat training ideas, but I've been busy setting up my business and adjusting to being self employed so not kept up with Nerd Fitness Community as much I'd like to, will endeavor to update it more.

Thanks for the info!

I think the basic idea behind MovNat is very appealing. I've been watching a lot of the videos on the site and seeing a lot of similarities to parkour as well in some ways.

Being a cert. trainer, do you know of any in the Boston area?

Level 5 Viking Berserker