Mini-Challenge #1: The Operative

nightlight

Mini-Challenge #1: The Operative

tumblr_m5ooyaECJE1r06mwmo1_500.gif

The Operative is sinister. The Operative is smart. The Operative is a Ranger.  Your challenge, Rangers, is to be the Operative. Take two of your goals, and approach them as if you have already completed them. Your plan is so perfect, that you've accounted for everything. Don't let yourself slack. If you don't have a plan, make one. This week, you attack your goals. You track them down, sniff out their weaknesses and eat them for breakfast. 

Once the week is up, you will have started to instill two good habits. Don't break the chain... because next week... you may... misbehave...

Call out your two goals here, and write in with progress. This challenge will run from today (9/17) to 11:59pm (your local time) on Sunday 9/22.

"Come with me if you want to lift" -The Brominator

"Later, I would learn that coincidences are the most planned things in the world. Later, I would learn that every single moment is a coincidence." - Douglas Coupland

"Anyone who doesn't want french fries every day is a commie." - AngelaTheGeek

Current Challenge

INSTAGRAM!!

find me on twitter

1. Love to Run. 

I will spend the entire time I am doing cardio thinking about fucking fast I will be by the time I get to warrior dash instead of whimpering and whining. I will get up, get dressed and move my ass. I will learn to revel in the sheer act of movement instead of trying to talk myself out of it.

2. Love the Prep.

I barreled through my first draft and I need to go back and plot my timeline, finish character sheets, get organized before I move onto editing and working on draft 2. This will enable me to be and stay more organized as I work through revisions, and perhaps not get so lost trying to locate who did what to who and why and how. 

(Is that the gist?)

Level 2 || Bespectacled Viking

STR 4.5 | DEX 2 | STA 3 CON 2 WIS 2.5 CHA 2 

Blawwwg

Challenge 2 - Dr. Who's Sidekicks

Challenge 1 - Dr. Who's Sidekicks

Will reply later

Sent with tapatalk... if this post seems brief or full of misspelled words it's because my phone and autocorrect are actively plotting against me

Level 10.4 Wood-Elf, Ranger - specializing in demon fighting

"doing the impossible since 2012 :D" - Librarian of Doom

facebook battle log level 50 WOOT   Backstory CNF2014  current (not challenge - doing a battle log this time)

Spoiler

* This is the day the Lord has made, rejoice in it and be glad. God, The Bible. * Do or do not, there is no try. - Yoda
* There are three options in this life; be good, get good, or give up. -- House * Never take counsel of your fears. Stonewall Jackson. 

* level 50 isn't gonna just POOF happen - alienjenn, NF IRC chatroom

* I'm not about to give up - Because I heard you say - There's gonna be brighter days… I won't stop, I'll keep my head up - No, I'm not here to stay ...  - 

I just might bend but I won't break - As long as I can see your face - When life won't play along - And right keeps going wrong - And I can't seem to find my way - I know where I am found - So I won't let it drag me down - Oh, I'll keep dancing anyway - Mercy Me - Move

As if I've already accomplished them:

I have not had a drop Mtn Dew this week. I've got some citrus flavor drops for my water and have fallen back on lemon tea.

I have moved every day this week. After work I won't to the gym. Sometimes i do the NF BW Brigade workouts. Sometimes i do simple warn ups and cool downs. I even swam on Thursday. If I don't go to the gym, I walked around the block right after getting home from work.

49 is the new 53

Fourth Level Half-Elf Ranger

STR [6.5] DEX [6] STA [17] CON [5] WIS [3]  CHA [5]

Current Challenge

My Third Challenge  > My Second Challenge > My First Challenge

"Don't ever tell me there's no way."  Agent Phil Coulson

1. Your Iron is your Guide: Dumbell Division, 4 day program.

3. Report what you find: Journaling progress with goals and results. For this mini-challenge I'll do my daily tracking on my challenge log.

Level 2 Assassin: STR: 5 | DEX: 4 | STA: 4 | CON: 1 | WIS: 6 | CHA: 4.5

Challenge: The Raptors are Coming

Maybe the journey isn't so much about becoming anything.

Maybe it's about un-becoming everything that isn't really you so you can be who you were meant to be in the first place.

As if I already accomplished:

1. Level up running... totally owned on this one! Ran all 4 workouts this week. 

2. Level up linguist skills: practiced my Spanish 4 times this week!!

Feeling Epic!

Katara Ravenot

Level 3 Tiefling Ranger

STR 3|DEX 3|STA 7|CON 6|WIS 6|CHA 4

Challenge #2

Challenge #1 

75%
75%

Half Marathon Training 9.75/13.1 miles

60%
60%

Deadlift: 120/200 lbs

“Rocks in my path? I keep them all. With them I shall build my castle.†― Nemo Nox 

Goal 1: Eat well

I don't read the labels, because my food doesn't come in packaging. My brain doesn't even register pastries as food any longer. My healthy eating is translating into better focus and better performance. Didn't even need a cheat day this week.

Goal 3: Run!

I am amazed at how hard it used to be to run more than 2 minutes at a time. My pace keeps getting better and my distances are creeping up. I run because it feels bad not to run. My running has made every other aspect of my life calmer and has given me perspective. Ran extra this week.

level 10 Half Ogre Ranger

Healers Brigade

1st  | 2nd | 3rd | 4th | 5th | 6th | 7th | 8th | 9th | 10th | 11th | 12th | 13th | 14th | 15th | 16th | 17th | 18th | 19th | 20th | 21st | 22nd | 23rd | 24th | 25th | 26th | 27th

Current

Here goes:

1.  Upper Body Strength - Do 400 Push ups and 100 pull ups/chin ups per week.  Doing good on the Push ups, 160 for the week already. Will continue this week of doing 80 per session in varying configurations.  Will do two days of sets of 25 chins and two days of 25 pulls.  Bang.  Goals met.

3.  High Intensity Training (HIT) - Wednesday is a speed workout in the pool:  200 WU, 10 x 50 sprints, 200 CD.  Friday is a 4 set Tabata:  Mt. Climber, Push up to cross, full crunch, Burpees (chest to ground).  Bam.  Intense.  

Week one done and stronger because of it.

1st Challenge2nd Challenge3rd Challenge (Current)

STR: 2 | DEX: 2 | CON: 3 | STA: 5 | WIS: 2 | CHA: 3

Excellence is born of preparation, dedication, focus and tenacity; compromise on any of these and you become average and being average sucks.

Goal 1: Work out 5x weekly

I've worked out 5 times, I've jogged my entire neighborhood, and enjoyed the feeling of being outdoors. I've improved my pace and distance with each run. I have also lifted heavy things. My time with the rack and the bench was my time for self reflection and meditation. I did not take a "rest day" just because I didn't feel like working out. I am stronger and calmer now.

Goal 2: Study 1 hour each day

I have studied and caught up in my classes. My homework is done and I'm ready for my test. I WILL maintain my gpa and make this semester my bitch. 

Current Challenge

Level 2 Human Ranger

STR 3 | DEX 2 | STA 2 | CON 2 | WIS 3 | CHA 2

Mens sana in corpore sano

1.  Oh that hill right by my kids piano lessons.  NO problem.  I already ran up and down that thing 20 times.  And did ten push-ups and the top and ten at the bottom.   

3.  My pants fit better already.  I ate what I planned and planned what I ate and even when I was starving at 10:00 that one night, I just ate some cheese and pickles.  Yes because I LOVE cheese and pickles.  MMMMMmmmm I also had a snack of beef jerky instead of a candy bar after boy scouts.  

Level 5 gnome ninja

STR - 14.5 DEX - 2 STA - 5.5 CON - 15.75 WIS - 14.25 CHA - 4.75

1) I am Strong like a Krogan: hit the gym 3 times this week and I  ran twice and rowed once....time for a rest

2) I Ate like a Turian: Ate paleo except for when I was with the fiance and even then it was only 1 meal a day that wasn't paleo (most of those 1 meals were only one aspect of the meal that wasn't paleo i.e. monday night I had beef stew and apple muffins)

Level 0 Human, Monk

82%
82%
Lose 75 lbs

Startin Fresh

"Nothing is ever easy." Zeddicus Zull Zorander

"Do or Do Not, There is no try" Yoda

"Weak people face life obstacles with an excuse in their hand, strong peple carry a hammer."

Estemated 1RM

Bench: 195lbs

Squat: 245lbs

Deadlift: 295lbs

Total weight: 735lbs

Goal Weight 1000lbs

Consistently complete workouts: Stronger, hungrier, I'm always left wanting more. Each time I work out I'm letting myself become even more capable than the last. When the time comes I'm going to be ready. It's do it or die. This week there weren't any excuses, just results.

1/4- Completed.

2/4 - Completed

3/4- Completed

4/4- Did not complete

Be flexible: Limber, agile and strong. This Operative needs to be those things and more to defeat the Big Bad. When they get here, I'll be ready. A little pain now is worth the lot of hurt I would be in otherwise.

1/4- Completed

2/4-Completed

3/4- Completed

4/4- Completed

Race: Dwarf Class: Ranger Level: 3

STR: 9 | DEX: 7 | STA: 9 | CON: 6 | WIS: 9 | CHA: 8

Current-5 | 4 | 3 | 2 | 1

When you can't run, you crawl, and when you can't crawl - when you can't do that... You find someone to carry you

First mini challenge as a Ranger!  Here's my report, written as if already accomplished:

Goal 1:  Run (3x weekly, C25K)

You did it!  Even though you weren't able to complete the workout those two days in one try and had to break it into 15 minutes sections, you did it.  You didn't give up when it wasn't perfect.  You ran in the rain, up a hill and you kept on running even when you were passed by that old lady on her mobility scooter!

Goal 2:  Lift (3x weekly, 6am crossfit)

Wahoo!  You got up at 5:15am Monday morning even after tossing and turning all night long after that very sad Breaking Bad episode (Hank!!!!).  You got up again Wednesday and Friday even though you were still super sore and made it through the workout.  Rope climb, double unders, pulls ups, burpees - you did it all.  sure you were only able to lift the bar for the Power Clean + Split Jerk but hey, that's 35 more pounds than you were lifting last week!

Rock Gnome Assassin

Lvl 28

Looking back at her week, Idealistinfire contemplated the magnificent progress made this week getting through her Cave.  15+ miles of walking in 4 days - check!  Workouts completed Wednesday and Saturday - check!  And damn if eating real foods with only 4 splurge items didn't feel great as well.  Triple check indeed! :)

Level 5 Lizardfolk: Assassin STR - 4, DEX - 3, STA - 5, CON -4, WIS - 20, CHA - 12

"You want to know the difference between a master and a beginner? The master has failed more times than the beginner has even tried."

Current Challenge: "Idealistinfire's 2% Improvement Plan"     Battle Log: "Idealistinfire Battle's Saboteur's Spawn"                                

Epic Quest: No fancy name yet

Scout the forest: Run three times a week

I made the forest my bitch. I managed my time at work well and managed to get out and run three times this week. On top of that, I got to the gym to build some extra muscle and better kick ass during my runs and in my trials as a Ranger.

Find the watering hole: Drink 64 oz each day

I'm more well hydrated than I've ever been! Once I got past the first few days of having an extra full bladder, it was easy. I may have to find another goal to keep from having my challenge be too easy.

Human Ranger (Lvl 2)
Be the author of your own adventure.
Fitocracy -- Challenge 1: AR's Return

• meals for hiking

• test a recipe each week to dehydrate and rehydrate

• running

• progress on zombie 5k training program...

so... I have a meal that I cooked yesterday (I cook for the week for work) that I saved a portion of to dehydrate on friday to test rehydration on saturday

and... I ran sun... and yesterday... my goal is to run at LEAST twice per week... and I will run again friday :D

Level 10.4 Wood-Elf, Ranger - specializing in demon fighting

"doing the impossible since 2012 :D" - Librarian of Doom

facebook battle log level 50 WOOT   Backstory CNF2014  current (not challenge - doing a battle log this time)

Spoiler

* This is the day the Lord has made, rejoice in it and be glad. God, The Bible. * Do or do not, there is no try. - Yoda
* There are three options in this life; be good, get good, or give up. -- House * Never take counsel of your fears. Stonewall Jackson. 

* level 50 isn't gonna just POOF happen - alienjenn, NF IRC chatroom

* I'm not about to give up - Because I heard you say - There's gonna be brighter days… I won't stop, I'll keep my head up - No, I'm not here to stay ...  - 

I just might bend but I won't break - As long as I can see your face - When life won't play along - And right keeps going wrong - And I can't seem to find my way - I know where I am found - So I won't let it drag me down - Oh, I'll keep dancing anyway - Mercy Me - Move

Week one of Whole 30 done and I am perfect!  I went to the gym  3x instead of once because yoga costs money.  Both DONE!  

I will not make myself small in order to stay safe, I am here to share, to be bold and I will not let fear trump generosity.

Level-1 Ranger

[sTR]2 [DEX]4 [sTA]4 [CON]4 [WIS]2 [CHA]4

Here goes!

Goal Two :: I’m Just Naturally Like This

*Make it to the gym 3 times a week.

Impressive, sir! I, in my crazy week of all the social obligations I have, have already made it to the gym three times. And it is only WEDNESDAY! This leave opportunity for additional running to keep the training for the main quest up to par. Make that treadmill your man slave! KILL THE MONSTER DASH and run that sub 40 minute 5k!

Life Side Quest: We Do The Weird Stuff

*Meditate or journal twice a week.

The epic ballad of a gal on the path to self-discovery cannot be contained. Hand pain be damned, I’ve written pages in my journal this week. The outcome? My general happiness and outlook is already improving. Keep that word vomit pouring out, lest it sit and fester inside. I’ve even gotten my mediation space all ready to go and enjoyed a nice quiet 15 minutes of meditation and actualization. It’s been so long, but it felt so good. I think even the kitties felt the good vibes coming off of me, because they both came to join in. Namaste, bitches.

Level 24 Frost Archer ᕦ(ò_óˇ)ᕤ

Current Challenge: therealkat :: a witty challenge title appears!

MyFitnessPal || Strava || Endomondo || SmashRun || Twitch

I Instagram. I tweet. I cosplay. And I'm on Facebook

Goal#1 FITNESS:  Run 20 miles and sprint 1000 meters. 

To be the operative, I must run like 20 miles is nothing, sprint like 1000 meters is a breeze.  I feel fast in my sprints, but I get winded after a few.  I feel fine running 2 miles, but 3 puts my muscles and joints in quiet a bit of pain.  Not this week!  I'll run MORE THAN 3 miles at once!  I'll sprint 50 meters MORE THAN 5 reps with minimal break!  Sprint tomorrow morning.  Run on Friday morning.

GOAL#2 DIET:  Eat Salad more and snack food less.

This mission requirement is to eat salad once every other day for the rest of the week while skipping out on ALL snack food.  Not a crumb. 

This should be fun and rewarding.  Well, maybe not as fun as rewarding... and it is on in 3... 2... 1... GO!

Journey to You: Coaching, Mentoring, and Personal Growth

World 6 Level 2 | Epic Quest | Toastmasters: Where Leaders are Made | Institute for Jedi Realist Studies | Extra Life 2021 | YouTube Channel | Epic Nerd Camp

"No.  Try not.  Do... or do not.  There is no try." -- Yoda | "We are what we repeatedly do."  -- Aristotle

Spoiler

Distinguished Toastmaster Agnostic Rationalist Jedi Dwarf Black Belt Martial Artist Monk Ranger Assassin Engineer Scientist Philosopher Student Nerd
World 6 Level 2 Stats: STR 146.0 | DEX 155.25 | STA 147.5 | CON 148.0 | WIS 152.0 | CHA 144.0

World 1 Level [1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22World 2 Level [1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10]  

World 3 Level [1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12World 4 Level [1, 2 (post lost), 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11]

World 5 Level [1, 2, 3, 4, 5] World 6 Level [1]

“If you are willing to be terrible at something for a short period of time, you can be great at anything.” -- Sinbad (Stand-Up Comedian)

Goal 1: When I say run, run. (pause) RUN! (+4 DEX)

I've already squeezed in two sub 30 minute 5ks this week and by sunday I'll have a additional Spartan Super to add the tally.  Some light walking and stretching for the next few days so I can get a respectable time.  I did the sprint in 1:22 so if I scale up to 2:40 as a time to beat.  I've never done a super so I don't know how realistic that is.  Guess I'll find out.

Goal 3: Weight Gain 4000 (+4 CON)

For a former lard bucket, I'm finding eating a lot surprisingly difficult.  Luckily a couple have people have chimed in on my challenge thread and I've added some whole/ full fat milk to my workout recovery shakes.  It's a chocolate milkshake.  Plus protein.   I'm now eating what I think is called If It Fits Your Macros (IIFYM).  Other than the carbs and the sheer quantity of protein on a workout day, it isn't too bad.  Going to stick with it - after all, I thought the whole cheat day/fast thing was ridiculous but that part of the plan worked.

"Everyone thinks of changing the world, but no one thinks of changing himself" -- Tolstoy

Not sure if it was buzz or woody that said it though.

Spartan double trifecta progess:

100%
100%

Tough Mudder "10 x Legionnaire":

100.0%
100.0%
"Run ALL the things or die tryin'"
110%
110%

fitocracy Ogre Magi Lvl 16 Ranger STR: 38|DEX: 58|STA: 59|baCON: 34|WIS: 30|CHA: 30

Previously Completed: Spartan Trifecta, Enough TM Headbands to make a ski mask

1) Do something to prep for the baby every day. Boom, easy. All I had to do was tell myself "this is the time" that I set aside for it. It's just another tick on the clock like when I have to go to work.

2) Gym 3 times per week. Sure I can't make it to the gym this week because of a long conference at work- but that doesn't mean I can't get my workouts done otherwise. Suck it up Ranger, drop and give me 50. In fact, that was pretty easy to do.

Level 4 Woodchuck

STR 12 | DEX 9.5 | STA 8.5 | CON 8 | WIS 7.5 | CHA 9

Current challenge: UH60guy seeks his Groundhog Day

Previous challenges: 4 3 2 1

Rodents of Unusual Size: I got in two gym sessions this week and at the weekend a functional movement that I'm totally counting. Though I would like to get to the gym more it's not my priority right now. I'm showing I can get fitter, stronger and healthier around my hobbies, interests, family and advancing my career.

Gnoll Avengers: I have lifted and it was good. Squatting is starting to get back on track, I think I could probably get my 1RM goal done now really but this time I'm taking my time and taking the weights as they come. Going too fast last time messed me up I think so I'm sticking to the new plan. My other lifts have been worked on and that's enough for now!

Level 2 Half-Sidhe Archer (Toolkitted Ranger)

|Str 3|Dex 3|Sta 2|Con 3|Wis 2|Cha 1| 

Introduction: Roll your own adventure!  DBL: Aim to Misbehave!

Challenge 1, 2Browncoats 1, 2

Important Information

New here? Please check out our Privacy Policy and Community Guidelines