• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Lauren A.

First Time Challengers Team: The Encouragers!

I'm feeling just as pumped up to motivate as you:)

I have aligned myself with the Fellowship of the Bat, because....... Batman.

I'd encourage fellow rebels to join a squad such as this one. The more motivation and accountability you have in this challenge then the more likely you will be to succeed.

Trust me I will be lurking in the shadows making sure that everyone is coming along well.

I'm Batwoman, dammit!

Awesome! So glad to have you, Jenirochelle! Rock on for training for a half marathon! You are so going to rock it!

Once we have a full(er) roster, I'll post a link to everyone's challenge thread!

Fantastic, Sunshine! We are so glad to have you here! Encouragers encouraging encouragers. I like it! Sounds like we have some similarities. I am interested in strength training and learning more about it (but still doing lots of high intensity cardio) and I have a great gym full of equipment too! : D I love resources.

Hey guys I'm new! I'm looking to change the woman in the mirror...in mnay ways not just one. I am a natural support-type so I feel like making others feel included/supported is my superpower. Are we going to set group goals? How does this work?

Hi Blueshift! Yes! We can make this group whatever and however we like! We can make group goals, we can check in at certain times, chat, google hangout, whatever you guys would like! 

You can just say you want to join, then you're in! I'll put your name on the spreadsheet here! So glad to have you! Now that we have a good size team, I'll make a summary post for everyone! 

Hi Blueshift! Yes! We can make this group whatever and however we like! We can make group goals, we can check in at certain times, chat, google hangout, whatever you guys would like!

When is a good time to check in with everyone?

Hooray everyone! We have a full team! Make sure to follow this thread so you can keep up with updates!

Here is our team! (links to each profile)! Upcoming are links to everyone's Challenge thread. If you haven't created a challenge thread here yet, then please do so! It's so helpful to make your goals tangible and concrete! Here is the instruction page for challenges. Bottom line is to decide on and then post some goals for yourself for the next six weeks! : D Mine are really things to do each day/week. Others might have an end goal in mind like 'lose 10 pounds and be able to do 3 pull ups." Whatever works for you is the thing to do! 

Profiles:

Lauren A.

MadMax1321

jenirochelle

allyjoy83

sunshine killah

TNVols86

Blueshift22

Chaelynf

alyson630

Okay so here's the deal everyone! First all, like Blueshift brought up, this team is whatever we want to make it! I hope to check in here on the thread each day and tell you guys how I did with my challenge/quest/goals for that day (maybe it'll be every other day or so, it's as often or as seldom as you like)! I also love sharing recipes too, so whenever I have something new and yummy (paleo) to eat, I'll share how I made it!

This is a place to share ideas, discuss what you might be struggling with, ask questions, or just have a group of folks here to cheer on your latest accomplishment, big or small!! 

Here are the Challenge Threads for our members so far (I'll update this link list as you guys get around to posting! I know I need to add a lot to my thread too!)

Lauren A.'s First Challenge Thread

jenirochelle's First Challenge Thread

allyjoy83's First Challenge Thread

Sunshine Killah's First Challenge Thread

Blueshift22's First Challenge Thread

Chaelynf's First Challenge Thread

alyson630's First Challenge Thread

Write on each other's threads, see what you have in common goal-wise, see what you bring to the table and what you could learn from others. This team is as involved and as awesome as you want to make it! We could have a report-in from everyone each Monday, and then if you want to post more and update more then please do!! I know I plan to! Whatcha think? : D

Good morning! I'm working on making my way around to everyone's threads and such. In the meantime, how is it going for everyone today? I know I am so incredibly sore from head to toe (from a hard, great workout on Monday night). I'm doing barbells tonight for the first time and I'm a little nervous because I'm so sore, lol, but I'm mostly excited.

Question of the day: Who and/or what is your support system? How are you ensuring that you make it to the end of this challenge knowing that you did your best everyday?

Mine is my incredible husband who encourages me, helps me find neat new recipes to try, encourages me when I'm exhausted, helped me pick out workout clothes that I didn't feel like a total dweeb or uncomfortable in (crucial!)...and the list goes on. And of course, my other support is the community (and this team!) here on Nerd Fitness. I love being able to log in, check my posts and find encouragement from folks in a similar boat who all want me to succeed. : D

What does your support system consist of? How can we help shore yours up if it's weak? Fire away!

• Like 1

I think that a Monday check-in sounds like a great plan!  I think that I am going to have to force myself to comment more because I may fall off of the wagon if I don't.

This group seems to have similar goals!  I think we're pretty awesome.

I think that a Monday check-in sounds like a great plan!  I think that I am going to have to force myself to comment more because I may fall off of the wagon if I don't.

This group seems to have similar goals!  I think we're pretty awesome.

Yes, we do have similar goals! And even if the nitty gritty specifics are different, we all want to be healthier and stronger than we are right now! I'll probably look at everyone challenge goals and highlight some of the major similarities across the board! I will also try to ask a question of the day every day! You guys can ask them too, just post it up! : )

Also, Sunshine, we can all hound you more often if need be to see how you are doing! haha : D Post your plans for the day (workout plans, meal plans, life quest plans, world domination plans...; D), then you have that much more accountability to do them because you know we will ask you how it went! : D

We ARE awesome. We are all ballers. : D

Hey Team!! Hope everyone is have a good start to this challenge. So far I've stayed on schedule for my runs. 4.5 miles monday and another 3.5 this morning!

I think a Monday check in is a great idea too! 

As for my support team that would be my wonderful husband, who helps give me that extra push when I need it, my awesome cousin that lives with us, he's a pretty hard cord exerciser so he always has helpful info plus he watches my 3 yr old for my morning runs :), my awesome friend Jessica that is helping me train for this half marathon. She runs with me twice a week and helps me push past my walls. And last but certainly not least would be the NF community and this team!

I'm on of those people that I need the accountability to stay on track otherwise I'll find excuses out the wazoo to not exercise.