WEEK 1

9/17/2013
- 10:45 am Warm-Up: Ran stairs x6 // 5 Seal Jacks // 15 Jumping Jacks

- 11:00am NF Beginner Body Weight Workout (1 circuit, no rows because I left my weights in my car...) Got the weights out of my car and did them this evening. :)

- 12pm Meditate

9/18/2013

- 7am Meditate (EARLY day!)

Worked a 12-hour shift today, so I took it easy otherwise; practiced singing on my break.

9/19/2013

- 9am Meditate

- 10am Yoga (Didn't get this done...)

Working a day shift today, then driving out of town for an opera excursion! Nervous, but excited.

9/19-9/22, I was out of town, but found time to meditate in the car. Even though I mostly fell asleep, I did still have some small breakthroughs in my awareness of the experience of consciousness that connects everyone. Seems weird, but I really just woke up with this peaceful knowledge that everyone is basically having the same experience of consciousness, but we can only experience it one life at a time.

9/23 Didn't do a darn thing. :\

So, how did Week 1 add up?

1. To find the right martial art for me and attend classes regularly!
2. Yoga or Weight Training 3x a week
3. Meditate 3x a week

Goal 1: I had a phone call from the gentleman who teaches at the kung fu studio I plan to attend. He was very helpful and I will be certain to visit! He answered some questions that I had, and I feel more confident that kung fu is the right martial art for me. Beautiful movements! Cool forms! Weapons!

Goal 2: Ouch. I only put forth this effort once this past week?? It seemed like I was doing better than that, but I must have been combining my efforts from the previous week in my mind. I will have to do better next week.

Goal 3: Yay! I did meet this goal, and although we are taught to "abandon all hope for results," I have felt somewhat more at peace and secure in my ephemeral mortality an' all that.

post-21887-0-17918900-1379433918_thumb.g

post-21887-0-17918900-1379433918_thumb.g

Aria's Jedi Journal || Challenge Sept 16-Oct 27 || Accountibilibuddies: Rogue Squadron
“Size matters not. Look at me. Judge me by my size, do you? Hmm? Hmm. And well you should not. For my ally is the Force, and a powerful ally it is. Life creates it, makes it grow. Its energy surrounds us and binds us. Luminous beings are we, not this crude matter.†-Master Yoda

WEEK 2

Tuesday 9/24

9pm -- NF Beginner Body Weight Workout, 1 Circuit + 10 Tricep Kickbacks 3lbs on each arm

This is a quick workout and 1 circuit is enough to get my blood pumping and make things challenging. I'm increasing reps and times (ex: I did 25 sec plank instead of 15) where I can, so hopefully I will feel comfortable attempting to do 2 full circuits soon!

Gonna' meditate before bed. I was reading up on cholesteatomas (I'm having surgery on mine in December... ugh) so that kinda' freaked me out. I need to spend some time in prayer and meditation tonight for sure. All like:
tumblr_inline_mt335gL5QE1ry3wlg.gif

Aria's Jedi Journal || Challenge Sept 16-Oct 27 || Accountibilibuddies: Rogue Squadron
“Size matters not. Look at me. Judge me by my size, do you? Hmm? Hmm. And well you should not. For my ally is the Force, and a powerful ally it is. Life creates it, makes it grow. Its energy surrounds us and binds us. Luminous beings are we, not this crude matter.†-Master Yoda

What the heck have I been doing for the entire month of October?!

I knew I hadn't been on here much, but it looks like I've REALLY been slacking... ugh.

I DID attend a Kung Fu class yay! So I'm going to go again, and I've been doing pretty well keeping up with my 3x a week workout goal.

My meditation goal has, sadly, not been happening. I just need to make time for it. Fifteen minutes or so a day should not be so hard!