Eboncat Agility (DEX) quest

Eboncat

Hey again!  Back for challenge #6 for me.

I've changed my motivation to include my hubby.  Gotta be healthy to have a long life together! I will post a pic of it pasted to my bathroom mirror if I figure out how to do so.  It's a pic of hubby and son with the words:

Motivation:

To be healthy and strong, so I am a good example for my son, and so I am around to watch him grow.  Also for my husband and our life together.

Yeah, the grammer sucks. That last bit isn't a real sentence. 

Main Goals:

1.  Work out 6 days/week, at least 30 minutes. Will measure effectiveness with Insanity Fit test every 2 weeks, and 5k times.

• Weights 2 days per week
  • Plyo 2 days per week
  • run 1 day per week (5k)
  • yoga/stretch 1 day per week

STR +1, STA +2, DEX +3, CHA +1

2. Follow nutrition plan.  3 cheats/week allowed.

• 1700 - 2000 cal/day. 
  • at least 100g protein/day
  • veggie/fruit  + protein with each meal
  • 1500-2000ml H2O each day

STA +1, CON +2

3.  Do a pullup by end of challenge.  Currently I can do 5 partials (feet flat on the floor, bar about 6" over my head).

• use 50 Pullups app 3 days/week. 

STR +1, DEX +1

Life Quest Goal:

Call one family member each week (sisters, Mom & Dad).  We do communicate, but it's mostly by text, and I'd like to reach out and have a real conversation.  Especially with my sister who's half the country away.

WIS +1, CHA +1

Side Goal:

Do 10 pushups every day with good form.  Right now I can do 5-7, then I have to drop to my knees (knees count toward total). Once I get to 10 pushups, I'll make the goal 15... etc.

STR +1

I will be tracking the nutrition stuff with MyFitnessPal (link in signature).  I have a spreadsheet to track pushups and workouts.  I will be posting the workouts in my battle log (link in signature).  Water intake tracked on the Fitbit app (link in signature).

95-100% A, 80-95% B, 70-80% C, 60-70% D.

Let the Challenge begin!

TANSTAAFL - Heinlein

Current Challenge

Level 6 Ranger. Level 1 Monk. STR 11.5, DEX 5.5, STA 11, CON 14.5, WIS 15, CHA 12.5

Challenge 1 Challenge 2 Challenge 3 Challenge 4 Challenge 5 Challenge 6

Fitbit MyFitnessPal Battle Log

OOOPS!  I just realized I forgot to finish the title to my thread - mostly because I couldn't think of anything and was going to come back to it after I finished writing the post.  Anyone know how to edit that?

Never  mind.  I figured it out.

TANSTAAFL - Heinlein

Current Challenge

Level 6 Ranger. Level 1 Monk. STR 11.5, DEX 5.5, STA 11, CON 14.5, WIS 15, CHA 12.5

I've reworked my lifting program - trying to get a shorter workout that involves everything.  What I've come up with:

Routine A:

Squats, Deadlift, Bench Press, Side Lateral Raise. Optional: Bicep/Hammer curls.  4 sets of 8 reps each

Routine B:

Split Squats, Bent Over Row, Chest Flies, Overhead Press. Optional: Tricep Kickbacks.  4 sets of 8 reps each.

Finisher: 15min core workout, probably P90x Ab Rippers or the Fab 15 workout I tried last challenge.

Opinions?

TANSTAAFL - Heinlein

Current Challenge

I think it looks Good EC!! I re worked my workouts as well but have to go more than twice per week or I'll go nuts! Or are you going to do the workouts more often during the week and I missed it? 

Great going and I will be here to encourage and motivate!!!  

CB3 Warrior Status 

Battle Log

"So do all who live to see such times, but that is not for them to decide.

All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us." Gandalf

Warrior Level 3

STR 9 DEX 4 STA 5 CON 5 WIS 8 CHA 9

It'll still be twice a week for weights. I'll be doing Plyo and yoga on other days.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2, that's why the short posts.

TANSTAAFL - Heinlein

Current Challenge

Wait... how did you fix it? (the title of the thread)  I've never been able to do that lol.

Oh and thanks for the stalker link, EC :)  I'm excited to see you rock this challenge!

Current Challenge: BlamedCat's Rebirth: From Porkins to Poe     Tracking via spreadsheet

"Be very careful, then, how you live - not as unwise but as wise, making the most of every opportunity, because the days are evil." (Ephesians 5:15&16)

Wait... how did you fix it? (the title of the thread) I've never been able to do that lol.

Oh and thanks for the stalker link, EC :) I'm excited to see you rock this challenge!

I went to my 1st post and hit the edit button. There was another button/link there that said "advanced edit" or "detailed edit", something like that. Once I hit that I could change anything I wanted.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

TANSTAAFL - Heinlein

Current Challenge

I went to my 1st post and hit the edit button. There was another button/link there that said "advanced edit" or "detailed edit", something like that. Once I hit that I could change anything I wanted. Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Sweet!  Thanks for the advice :)

How's your week going?

Current Challenge: BlamedCat's Rebirth: From Porkins to Poe     Tracking via spreadsheet

"Be very careful, then, how you live - not as unwise but as wise, making the most of every opportunity, because the days are evil." (Ephesians 5:15&16)

So far, so good.  Was short on my calorie goal yesterday and will have to cram 2 pullup sessions in this weekend.  Work has been super hectic, it feels like I'm trying to do 15 things at once, all day long.  Had the early shifts too, which makes it hard for me to get my workouts in.  It'll be better next week - I'll have closing shifts all week.   I've also been super sore from adding the ab workout on the end of my weights Tuesday.  Good sore though!

TANSTAAFL - Heinlein

Current Challenge

Eboncat, I feel a bit like we're leading parallel lives with the "doing 15 things at once" and being good sore from tough workouts.  Hope things calm down a bit for you and that your workouts continue to leave you stronger, swifter and flexible as a cooked noodle :)

Level 5 Lizardfolk: Assassin STR - 4, DEX - 3, STA - 5, CON -4, WIS - 20, CHA - 12

"You want to know the difference between a master and a beginner? The master has failed more times than the beginner has even tried."

Current Challenge: "Idealistinfire's 2% Improvement Plan"     Battle Log: "Idealistinfire Battle's Saboteur's Spawn"                                

Epic Quest: No fancy name yet

Eboncat, I feel a bit like we're leading parallel lives with the "doing 15 things at once" and being good sore from tough workouts.  Hope things calm down a bit for you and that your workouts continue to leave you stronger, swifter and flexible as a cooked noodle :)

Right back 'atcha!  Thanks!

TANSTAAFL - Heinlein

Current Challenge

1st week done - I did really well!

Workouts: 100%

Food: 86% (missed veggie at 1 meal yesterday, didnt get protein or calorie goal Monday, didnt get protein goal Friday)

Pushups: 100%

Pullups: 100%

Call family: 100%

Missed Monday because I was still setting my goals, so I'm still very happy with the outcome.  I'm kicking myself about missing the veggie goal yesterday - it just completely slipped my mind at lunch.  Unless I count the tomato sauce.... but no.

This week should be easier to get workouts in since I work late shifts all week and can easily have time to workout in the morning.

My glutes are killing me!  Split squats Saturday and running yesterday, now my friend wants to walk up  the mountain today.  It's really windy though, so hopefully she'll compromise to a flatter walk.

Have a great week, everyone!

TANSTAAFL - Heinlein

Current Challenge

Great job on your first week!  You are crushing it! :D  Take it easy on that walk(if you go), but otherwise, enjoy yourself and have fun!

My friend said her glutes were killing her too (she's started running and had a good session yesterday) so we took it easy and just walked about 1.5 mi around my neighborhood.  It was nice to chat and catch up.  I've decided to do stretching today - I really need it.

TANSTAAFL - Heinlein

Current Challenge

Yeah, I did a stretching session the other day after my tough workout, and it was exactly what I needed. 

Just curious, what's your favorite veggie?

Level 5 Lizardfolk: Assassin STR - 4, DEX - 3, STA - 5, CON -4, WIS - 20, CHA - 12

"You want to know the difference between a master and a beginner? The master has failed more times than the beginner has even tried."

Current Challenge: "Idealistinfire's 2% Improvement Plan"     Battle Log: "Idealistinfire Battle's Saboteur's Spawn"                                

Favorite veggie?  Hmmm.....  carrots, I guess (not cooked!  <shudder>).  Also celery (negative calories!), broccoli, cauliflower - anything I can eat raw at lunch, basically.  I've learned to eat them without dip.   Do orange bell peppers count?  Technically, they're a fruit.

TANSTAAFL - Heinlein

Current Challenge

Bell peppers as a fruit is just wierd to me - but they totally count.  I'm jealous of your ability to eat raw veggies - maybe one day they'll come up with an allergy shot and I can do the same.  Also, I shant feed you any of my stew - I add lots of carrots because I adore them cooked.

And why is celery negative calories?

Bell peppers as a fruit is just wierd to me - but they totally count.  I'm jealous of your ability to eat raw veggies - maybe one day they'll come up with an allergy shot and I can do the same.  Also, I shant feed you any of my stew - I add lots of carrots because I adore them cooked.

And why is celery negative calories?

Idealistinfire, celery is negative in calories because it take more calories to chew, swallow and digest them then they have in them.  They have great flavor though!

Eboncat, they do count, they ALL count! You are doing an awesome job!!  Be careful eating all those vegetables....as my daughter would say "Those green things will kill you!" either eating them or trying to make sure you get enough.  Just kidding. :D

CB3 Warrior Status 

Battle Log

Warrior Level 3

Ack!  I hope I didn't spread my sickness to you via the internet (isn't that a scary thought).  Sending my spare energy your way!

Here's hoping your not down for too long!  I'm sending feel better energy/prayers your way!  (and yes, work stinks for me too)  :ambivalence:

CB3 Warrior Status 

Battle Log

Warrior Level 3

Thank you all for the good wishes.  I'm sorry I've been out of communication so long.  It was a combination of things.  Mild depression, stuff at work, then getting sick for 2 weeks (which I've finally kicked).  So this challenge is pretty much a washout.  However,  I will be picking up my weight training again this Saturday and start tracking my food again today.  Get those habits back together and be ready for the next challenge when it starts.

TANSTAAFL - Heinlein

Current Challenge

Glad to see you back!  Depression is such a pain, isn't it?  And frustrating when you know the "cure" for depression is getting out, doing things, working out, etc... and you just can't get the energy/motivation to care.  At least it is for me when I get hit with it.

Important Information

New here? Please check out our Privacy Policy and Community Guidelines