Faervel17 - third time's a charm!

Faervel17

Hey all!!

After a bit of a break due to no internet, summer and a move I'm back and I'm ready to get fit!!

Goal 1: Stay dedicated to my classes and attend faithfully.

I have signed myself up for 3 fitness classes. I'm that fool in the class annoying others because I look dumb because I'm working so hard. I've signed up for Zumba, Yoga, and a circuit weight training class. 

Rewards: +2 stamina +2 strength +1 dexterity

Grading: A- attending 3x a week B- attending 2x a week C- attending once per week D- attempting to go to at least one class but not making it F- not attending that week for no reason

Goal 2: Fit in a home workout 2x a week

In addition to my classes out of the house I would like to fit in any sort of home workout 2x per week. I have various different types from zumba dvds to wii fit to the beginner body weight workout to simply going for a run. Either way I need to get active at home 2x a week. 

Rewards: +1 stamina +1 strength +1 dexterity

Grading: A- fitting in an extra workout B- succedding at 2 workouts C- succeeding at only 1 workout D- attempting or wanting to try for a workout F- not trying at all

Goal 3: Drink more

I find myself continually dehydrated and when I do have a drink besides tea it tends to be sugary crap. I need to either drink more tea or water and less sugary items.

Rewards: +3 constitution +2 wisdom 

Grading: A- having a full 8cups a day. B- having 6 cups a day C- having 4 cups a day D- having 2 cups a day F- nothing

Goal 4: Put down technology more!

I, like most others, spend way too much time on devices. I want to put it down more. Mainly I will be focusing on putting it down early in the evening like 10pm. 

Rewards: +2 charisma +2 wisdom

Grading: A- 3hrs per day B- 2hrs per day C- 1hr per day D- 1/2 per day F- didn't even try

Height: 5ft 5in

Weight: 151lbs.

Waist: 33in

Hip: 38.5in

Thigh: 22in

Arm: 11in

post-15464-0-02128800-1379441224_thumb.j

Level 2 Sprite

STR - 3.5 : DEX - 2.75 : STA - 3.5 : CON - 6.5 : WIS - 11 : CHA - 4

You are good enough NOW! 

Well there's a couple of ways to track progress.  You could use a pocket journal to keep track of this stuff, you could download an app on your phone (or use a special notepad document on your phone), you can track things spanning the week with just a calander by your bed, or you can come on here and post updates here when you do workouts and such.

And for water, have a special water bottle that you need do drink X amount of times.  tape a tiny piece of paper to it each morning and just put a little 'x' everytime you drink it all and need to refill.  Count the 'x's at the end of the day.  Also, if you like lemon you can throw a piece of  lemon in a water bottle before bed.

we often have lemon water in theg fridge I just forget to drink I definitely need some way to track that. I do want to post here but I don't get on the computer everyday and there is no way to access website from my phone so I need some sort of other way to track. 

I slacked over the weekend but thats ok as my goals are structured to be mostly during the week. 

Level 2 Sprite

You are good enough NOW! 

When I was in Germany I carried a water bottle around with me, just having it helped a lot and if I got home and it was still full I made sure to drink it then.

As for tracking, if you can't track digitally maybe make something that you can print and fill out? A lot of people love charts on their fridge and they treat them selves to special stickers for it (like Avengers Stickers!) if they are doing well.

Good luck!!! :D

Level 2: Selkie Druid

1 || 2(failed) || 3(failed) || 4-pending

STR: 4 || DEX: 7 || STA: 5 || CON: 7 || WIS: 6 || CHA: 3

I have a hard time getting up in the mornings, even when I go to bed at 10:00 pm or 9:00 pm. I think my body is just catching up on a huge deficit of sleep though. It could be a few things - too much sugar or coffee in your diet, sleep, not exercising enough, or some kind of nutrient deficiency to name a few possibilities. I hope you feel less tired soon!

I did it!!! I made a colourful one tailored to my needs! Big deal as I haven't used excel in years!!

YAY! Now you just need rad stickers! :D

Level 2: Selkie Druid

1 || 2(failed) || 3(failed) || 4-pending

STR: 4 || DEX: 7 || STA: 5 || CON: 7 || WIS: 6 || CHA: 3

I'm sure it's a mix of too much sugar and lack of a nutrient I really need a new multivitamin. That and likely a combination of our friends used to me being able to stay up until like 4am but now that I'm started working out so often I'm way more tired and need more rest. 

I wish I could upload my tracker I made for you to see. I should take a photo but I do have it in excel though too. 

I banged out my workout classes this week. I pushed myself and sweat hard but it wasn't my best week as my body was tired. Officially 1/4 of the way through my classes but I can feel slight differences my arms have a tiny bit of shape and my hubby says the booty feels tighter. Progress!! 

I need to push myself to fit in my home workouts. Today is definitely a rest day. Tomorrow I need to plan one in and hoping I can fit in a short jog or rollerblade on Saturday. 

Level 2 Sprite

You are good enough NOW! 

Robin I really liked your spreadsheet so I used it as basic inspiration. I'll get a picture of it tomorrow. 

4am bed times now only occur when one of the brothers come for a visit - he's worth it. The rest of the time it's midnight as my kiddos will not go to bed before 11pm. Heck it's 11:30 and I still have two awake now. I do make a point of usually going to bed and just reading from 10pm on so at least I'm resting. 

This week I did super good at my classes. I had intended to do two workouts I was going to do a body weight workout on Friday and a half hour cardio on Saturday but they didn't happen. Unless crawling through the tunnels of a kids play place counts as a full workout I didn't succeed.

I have been doing much better this week at drinking water. I'm not where I want to be but I'm up about 2 cups per day so I'm sitting at an average of 4 cups per day. 

As for power down less I did better at that this week too just not today. I have been on the computer all day today doing all sorts of work that I have long been putting off but still sad I worked so long on it and didn't stick to my plan. 

Overall - I'll take progress not perfection. 

Level 2 Sprite

You are good enough NOW! 

Okay I think I got my spreadsheet thingy to upload lets see if it works. Here it is!

I also gained +1 WIS for Mini challenge 2 I made my favorite meal - tacos and enjoyed every bit. 

I think I gained +1 CHA for mini challenge 3 as I do my weekly review that gives me good structure for the coming week.

I will add those to my signature at the end of the challenge. 

Level 2 Sprite

You are good enough NOW! 

Yes the spreadsheet is getting lots of use and really helping me guage how each day is going. 

I had another good week of workouts in my classes. Each class this week really challenged me and pushed me and after Wednesday's class it took me until Sunday to not hurt as she had introduced quite a few new workouts and I did push myself a little further than normal. 

I have done really well at staying hydrated this week. I've had lots of tea and water and am feeling much better in that sense less headaches that aren't connected to my neck or stress.

I also succeeded at putting down technology more. I didn't have my phone or computer glued to me I successfully walked away for at least 2 hours each day and a couple of days I succeeded for up to 6hrs. 

I did not get in home workouts again this week. I am consistently struggling here. I have these scheduled to be Friday and then Saturday but this week I was still too sore and then Friday and Saturday our house was hit by a small flu. 

This week I am missing a workout class tonight as the flu is still residing in one of the kids and I don't feel right asking a babysitter to deal with it. I am however going to fit in a light workout this evening. Tomorrow I will also be missing a workout as sadly they scheduled a clean eating workshop to be at the same time as my yoga class. It's ok as I will be leveling up in a different area for the one evening. I am prepared to put my all into Wednesday's workout and hoping that Friday works out to start my personal training. 

Level 2 Sprite

You are good enough NOW! 

Since my last update I did miss my Monday and Tuesday workouts and then on Wednesday I went and the very first exercise I strained a lower abdomenal muscle. So much pain. It's doing a bit better but not where I want it to be. Monday was Canadian Thanksgiving so there was no class but I did get a ton of workout with the fall festival our town puts on and the family activities we did as well as all 6 photoshoots I had. Nice  cardio and lots of leg exercises such as squats and lunges as I wasn't able to bend. I did yoga last night that went well and I'm going to try my class tonight and just protect that muscle by doing the modifications more.

I fell off my water wagon over the weekend not that I drank as much sugar as before but more than I had been in the challenge. Back to water the last two days.

Doing better at less technology. We bought an ipad which keeps the kids off my phone which in return keeps the phone off my mind less and I am on it less. 

Again I did not get home workouts done thanks to my injury so I think I've completely failed that goal this challenge but I'm not going to beat myself up. 

I've also signed myself up for some practical clean eating and paleo workshops so we'll see how those go. Now to decide what to do for my mini quest this week.

Level 2 Sprite

You are good enough NOW! 

Things went better than I thought they would yesterday I hurt a lot in my legs and lower back but I know my legs hurt as she led us through far more leg exercises than normal and my lower back hurts from protecting the ab muscles. There were only 3 exercises I couldn't do properly so that was a nice feeling. Glad I went. Tomorrow is my first day of personal training and it'll be a tour of the gym and a fitness assessment so I hope I'm feeling less sore for that. Also feeling nervous I've never been to a gym before. 

Level 2 Sprite

You are good enough NOW! 

Important Information

New here? Please check out our Privacy Policy and Community Guidelines