Laureleye moves to the rangers

Laureleye

MY QUEST:  Prepare for moving day (the plow has been delayed till late November).  The project will involve consolidating two offices; including 2 server rooms and 55 users.  I will be on standing, walking, lifting, bending, breaking down, and setting up equipment and racks for 10-12 hours a day for about a week.  I will need strength, endurance and peak-health to complete the move successfully.  

QUEST GOALS:

1. Stay Strong.  Three strength/week for at least 5 of the 6 weeks.  
  2. Build Endurance.  At least 66,500 fitbit steps for at least 5 of the 6 weeks. 
  3. Stay Flexible.  At least one yoga or whole-body cardio per week.

SIDE QUESTS:  

1. Full yard re-landscape.  In about 3 weeks, the come in with a bulldozer (well, a mini-cat).  I'm the designated planner/coordinator of the family so this is going to be ... interesting.
  2. Start at least 1 knit or crochet project. 

After being in the community for a year, I decided it was time to throw myself out of the nest and join a new guild.  this is my 8th challenge - though as you can see it isn't all that challenging (although I've upped my step-count from last challenge).  The move planning and organization is above and beyond my normal work, which is more than 1 person can do anyway.  With this kind of pressure at work, if I push too hard I'll push myself right off a cliff.  So the point of this challenge (and yeah, probably the next one) is just to not lose ground and keep my habits intact.  Since I'm not pushing myself, it didn't feel right to level up, so I won't be doing that for a while. 

• Like 1

The hardest part of the workout is lacing up your shoes'"

1011 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | Current Challenge |

INTJ | MFP | FitBit

Monday is usually a cardio day for me, but since I was going to one of the many Doctor's appointments I set up last challenge, I got home too late for that.  I worked through lunch to get my (hopefully) final yard design comments into the landscaper, and got 12,000 steps in, so I did pretty well for day 1. 

INTJ | MFP | FitBit

Ooo!  Full yard re-landscape.  I can't wait to hear how that goes.  We're going to be gutting the front yard likely this coming spring, so if you have any good tips or lessons, pass them along!

Sure thing!

Got in a pretty good day today - my 1st strength of the week - beginner's body weight.  I'm still taking it a bit easy, so I kept my lunges down to a minimum.  The only actual modification I did was to replace the jumping jacks with "hopping jacks" - I do the arm motion but just jump in place.  Bumped my dumbell rows back up a bit to 22.5, and managed a reasonable set of planks 1:30/1:16/1:15.  I was pretty much break-even for the steps at a little under 10,000. 

Not a bad Tuesday.

INTJ | MFP | FitBit

Sounds like you've got a good plan for the challenge and welcome to the Rangers! Any ideas what you're going to knit or crochet?

I'm a knitter, too, but I generally wait until the temps get down into the 80's here before I really start anything, so maybe I'll have a goal like yours next challenge!

All men dream, but not equally. Those who dream by night in the dusty recesses of their minds, wake in the day to find that it was vanity:

but the dreamers of the day are dangerous men, for they may act on their dreams with open eyes, to make them possible.

~T. E. Lawrence

When we contemplate the whole globe as one great dewdrop, striped and dotted with continents and islands,

flying through space with other stars all singing and shining together as one, the whole universe appears as an infinite storm of beauty. 
~John Muir

Knitters unite!  I'm working on some hats for my niece and nephew currently... My first hat for the boy wound up smaller than I intended, so I guess now I have a baby Jayne hat instead.  :)

Great job on rocking out a BBWW!  I love that one...  I'm still working on my ankle/hip flexibility so that I can get a deep squat without having to hold onto a post.  Almost there.

FluffyRin  --  Ranger (Level 4)

STR 4 | DEX 3 | STA 4.5 | CON 10 | WIS 10 | CHA 6

Challenges: 1, 2, 3, 4, Current

Sounds like you've got a good plan for the challenge and welcome to the Rangers! Any ideas what you're going to knit or crochet?

I'm a knitter, too, but I generally wait until the temps get down into the 80's here before I really start anything, so maybe I'll have a goal like yours next challenge!

Turns out that I need yet another baby blanket (I did 3 baby blankets, a full sized afghan and a lap throw over the last 2 challenges but then kinda petered out...).  I need a boy blanket, and only have a girl blanket in my stash.  I already used my gender-neutral blanket.  I don't make very large blankets, so hopefully I won't die of the heat while I'm knitting. 

Knitters unite!  I'm working on some hats for my niece and nephew currently... My first hat for the boy wound up smaller than I intended, so I guess now I have a baby Jayne hat instead.   :)

Great job on rocking out a BBWW!  I love that one...  I'm still working on my ankle/hip flexibility so that I can get a deep squat without having to hold onto a post.  Almost there.

I have a new sub-nephew (grand-nephew) and I've just finished up a little hat for him to get my my hands limbered up for some 4-needle in-the-round stuff. 

I have a top-down one-piece cardigan in mind after the blankie - I've got this nifty book that lets you sort of design your own sweater with your existing yarn (can you spell STASH?)  I used to design crochet, but never really tried much design in knitting.  This won't be as difficult as designing from scratch, but I thought it'd get me moving that direction again. 

INTJ | MFP | FitBit

That main quest reminds me of my days working IT :)  Good luck with it.

I hope to build up to more and more steps this challenge instead of having to feel like I need to walk 4 or 5 miles to get it in.   Much better for my feet that way i think ;)

gah!  you didn't update your sig so I commented on your other thread. 

Tiger's Blood is coming, so will do Laureleye.

Never in the history of the universe have I gotten all of the updates into my signature correctly the first time...or the 2nd time...

INTJ | MFP | FitBit

Ooh, yarn-y crafty stuffs! :D I still haven't finished crocheting the blanket I started in my first 6WC - it got shoved in a plastic bag and stuffed in between duffle bags and tuff boxes in my storage closet during a deep clean, and it hasn't seen the light of day since! :( Methinks I should retrieve and begin anew, now that I've been reminded.

Solid goals, Laureleye! I'll be following you! :D

Evicious, Khajjit Ranger STR 7 | DEX 13 | STA 3 | CON 6 | WIS 16 | CHA 4

Current 4WC: Evicious: The Unburdening II + Blitz Week!

Fitocracy! I Play To Win!

Keep up the momentum!

Ooh, yarn-y crafty stuffs! :D I still haven't finished crocheting the blanket I started in my first 6WC - it got shoved in a plastic bag and stuffed in between duffle bags and tuff boxes in my storage closet during a deep clean, and it hasn't seen the light of day since! :( Methinks I should retrieve and begin anew, now that I've been reminded.

Solid goals, Laureleye! I'll be following you! :D

Yeah, if you don't get it out soon, you'll spend a whole night just figuring out what you're doing on it.  I have taken to using heavier weight yarn, so I've been knitting most of my blankets; crochet makes for a weightier end product.  Since I detest sewing things together, I don't do much in the granny square line. 

Wednesday & Thursday went well.

Wednesday is my rest day, but I did get in 10,000+ steps. 

Thursday is a cardio day - I did some light kettlebells which counts as my full-body cardio for the week.  I was pleased that I got that many steps in, since I had to attend to conference calls and a two hour "Hire the Disabled" distance learning class.  Since there is a hiring freeze this didn't rank as very topical.  The amazing thing is that I got any work done at all. 

I checked out my blankie-stash, and I actually have a gender-neutral one in store.  Now to box it up and send it out.  I'll have to hit the craft store over the weekend so I can start on a replacement.

INTJ | MFP | FitBit

Boy, am I behind on everyone's thread!  The time I'd allocated to the forums coincided with the crash and I was not able to get on today at all.  My challenge is going well however.

Friday was strength - Outcast "A" which is body-weight only (I'm not currently doing the intervals that go with it).  I had a great workout, with a full set of 3 planks at 1:30. 

Today was resting and I spent it with my husband.  This evening I went through my yarn stash and located some baby yarn, so I got a blanket started. 

INTJ | MFP | FitBit

QUEST GOALS:

1. Stay Strong. Three strength/week for at least 5 of the 6 weeks.  Done!  Today was Outcast "B", which has the most weight-work of my 3 workouts.  I had moved the weights back with my knee injury, but am finally back to where I was.  Nice set of side planks too - 40/40/50/50. 
  2. Build Endurance. At least 66,500 fitbit steps for at least 5 of the 6 weeks.   73,000+ for the week, so I killed this.
  3. Stay Flexible. At least one yoga or whole-body cardio per week.   Even though I missed 1 cardio due to a Dr. appt, I completed this goal as well. 

SIDE QUESTS:

1. Full yard re-landscape.  There a few minor things I'm buying directly for the project; all of them on order but 1.
  2. Start at least 1 knit or crochet project.   Got about an hour in on my latest blanket.

All in all, a good week 1.

INTJ | MFP | FitBit

QUEST GOALS:

1. Stay Strong. Three strength/week for at least 5 of the 6 weeks.  Done!  Today was Outcast "B", which has the most weight-work of my 3 workouts.  I had moved the weights back with my knee injury, but am finally back to where I was.  Nice set of side planks too - 40/40/50/50. 
  2. Build Endurance. At least 66,500 fitbit steps for at least 5 of the 6 weeks.   73,000+ for the week, so I killed this.
  3. Stay Flexible. At least one yoga or whole-body cardio per week.   Even though I missed 1 cardio due to a Dr. appt, I completed this goal as well. 

SIDE QUESTS:

1. Full yard re-landscape.  There a few minor things I'm buying directly for the project; all of them on order but 1.
  2. Start at least 1 knit or crochet project.   Got about an hour in on my latest blanket.

All in all, a good week 1.

Nicely done, Laureleye! Super impressed with you, I am! :D (Why is there no Yoda emoticon?)

Evicious, Khajjit Ranger STR 7 | DEX 13 | STA 3 | CON 6 | WIS 16 | CHA 4

Current 4WC: Evicious: The Unburdening II + Blitz Week!

Fitocracy! I Play To Win!

Keep up the momentum!

Well - I seem to be Monday-challenged this challenge.  My plan was to do a short bout of walk/run intervals - the reality is that I left early with some (fortunately mild) stomach bug.  I didn't manage to eat much, went to bed early and am fortunately feeling fine today.  Time to dominate Tuesday

INTJ | MFP | FitBit

Boo Monday!  How was Tuesday?

Tuesday was great!  I did my BBW - and for the first time since I hurt my knee, I didn't need to modify.  I even did the (much dreaded) jumping jacks, although I only did 3 sets of 30.  I did 8/9/10 dumbell rows at 22.5 lbs (yay adjustable weights), and a pretty good set of planks at 1:45/1:31/1:28. 

I now have set an official kick-off date of 10/7 for my yard landscape.  I only got in 3 rows of knitting; I need to do better.  I'll try to shoot for 8/night ... which is about 1" of work.  Now I remember why I don't usually knit on size 6 needles...

INTJ | MFP | FitBit

The project is going to take about 3 weeks.  It's going to start with removal of aging sidewalks (circa 1940), fence (circa 1955) and sprinkler system (circa 1970).  They are going to lay an entire new sprinkler system, put in a stone walk, and build a new fence.  They are also removing 1 tree that is too close to a fence.  The avocado, tangerine, and grapefruit trees all stay and we're adding a lemon back in a new spot.  Then some lawn and finally plants.  I planned the sunniest garden with drought-tolerant plants, but that won't work under the trees because of course they need water to put on fruit.  I'm really excited about getting it rolling.

Thursday rolled along well too.  I did a kettlebell workout - which counts as my full-body workout for the week.  Tonight will be a strength session.  It looks like Monday is going to be ugly again, so I'm going to do some workout tomorrow.  We'll see what I feel like when I get up.

I put in a very focused night at knitting and put in 6 rows; which tells me that most nights I'm not going to get in 8 rows.  But at least its starting to look like I'm making headway. 

INTJ | MFP | FitBit

Important Information

New here? Please check out our Privacy Policy and Community Guidelines