Joyful Hooper first time Challenge!

Hi!  This is my first challenge with Nerd Fitness - so excited because I see a friend is also doing this challenge, too!  I loved Steve's list of 25 ways to exercise without realizing it - but I have a 26th one to add: Hoop Dance!  A little circle of plastic that has rocked my world! =)

I have lost 14lbs and a total of about 11 inches overall, as well as toned muscles that I forgot I had since I began seriously hooping in April of this year.  I dabbled a bit in some strength training, but I always go back to my hooping because it is just pure joy to play and dance and spin to really great music!

So, for this challenge:

Main Quest:

Tone up some more, lose more inches; hoop dance with confidence with some new tricks and moves.

Goals:

~Hoop dance daily Mon-Sat for a minimum of 30 minutes

~Learn 3 kick-ass hoop dance routines that allow me to use all my new moves

~Eat mostly whole foods/paleo 5-6 days a week

Life Quest:

Begin writing again daily

Motivation: to feel healthy and strong, flexible and confident in and out of the hoop and to tone and lose a bit more so I can go on the clothes shopping trip I promised myself.

I'm sooooo looking forward to this challenge and getting to know others on the journey, too!

Nice! I always wondered how hooping was! My neighbor hoops in the street, it's really cool to watch.

I love that so many other people are doing the challenges for the first time. We'll all rock together!

"Let me not be so vain to think that I'm the sole author of my victories and a victim of my defeats"

-zefrank

Banshee, Level 1

STR 0 | DEX 1 | STA 2 | CON 3 | WIS 5 | CHA 4

JustGettingStarted - hooping is SO much fun!  I couldn't see myself doing it until I tried it and then I just fell in love - I couldn't get enough! Now I drive my friends and family nuts with all my "hoop talk" and try to get everyone to at least try it once.

I agree with you - We'll all rock this challenge!

• Like 1

Important Information

New here? Please check out our Privacy Policy and Community Guidelines