• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Bob-gar

Team SelfAlchemy

Are you able to clear all the junk out of your house so you only have good food available to you? Then for your cheat day you can go out and gest just enough for the cheating you will be doing?

What are you craving? More importantly what are you eating to fight the cravings?

What does your daily meal plan look like?

I'm not the type of person who has everything planned out to the last kJ, but I've figured out that by sticking to snacking an apple or a pear inbetween meals and maybe handful of almonds, keeps cravings at bay for the most part.

Guys, i'm so freaking struggling with my ingredients (diet). I just can't avoid eating unhealthy foods. It's so hard...

Stay strong! 

It's going to be tough, but it can be done. LIke z3llin said, clear the junk out of the house if you can. I'm a firm believer in "if it's not here, I can't eat it." Also, try replacing things with healthier snacks. You may not have an answer for everything, but coming up with a plan helps tremendously. 

Good luck!

I can't clear the junk. I live with my parents and sister and they would mind.

I'm trying to implement this habit: every time i'm craving for candy/sugar, i'll eat some fruit instead. Thank you all.

I gave in to the snack craving today, now I'm adjusting my dinner plans to make up for it. Dropping the starch from my steak and veggie dinner plans and no craft brew with it anymore :(

Maybe you could try adjust the rest of your meals for the next day if you give in fatal?

I think you are right. Actually, I'm gonna right down my whole diet, specifying each ingredient, each meal. Soon i'll update my challenge.

I think it will be bring me better results, cos I feel I'm simply not eating enough (mainly carbs) , and then I crave and give in. To avoid that, I'm going to use some math to determine how many calories, carbs, fats and protein I should ingest daily and create my own diet.

Have you experienced something like that? Were you successful?

I always avoid that detail of calorie counting because it would drive me mad, but give it a try if you think it will work for you. I've read up on the average Kj content most of the things I can prepare. After gobbling down the sweet snack I shouldn't have I read the label to see how much energy I consumed. To cut the carbs I do eat is usually the easiest way to make up for that.

Hey guys, hope your weekends went well. It's good to see people working through the issues together and toss around suggestions. Personally, I had a rough weekend as well. Terrible eating and didn't get a workout in. Time to hit the reset button and get back on top of things. 

Take things one day at a time. Remember what you're trying to do and why you're doing it. Take the next step.

Good luck guys!

I initially tried that but I really struggled, so instead of completely eliminating carbs I have just upped almost everything else I eat. So for the first week or two kept having some cards left on my plate. Eventually I started cooking less and less of them and now I stick to rather small portions of carbs compared to everything else.

Zero carbs is a good way to go but yea, it's tough. Be prepared to go through the "carb flu" if you decide to go that way. However, dropping down slowly like z3llin said definitely helps you transition smoother. May make things easier on you. 

Personally I've been focusing on eating more hearty, wholesome foods. If it has carbs, that's fine, but I try to make sure they're "good carbs" or that I eat a minimal amount of bad carbs. It's helped out some. Now if I could just get more consistent with my workouts ;)

I think I jus can´t put up with "little bits". I prefere radical stuff.. either I do it 100% or i inevitably struggle and quit.

I´ll try to go no-carbs this week and see what happens.

Keep you updated, see ya.

Hey everyone!

I've been poor at keeping up with the group, so I'm trying to turn that around. 

Glad to see everyone is is good spirits and are communicating their struggles. Seems like a very supportive group here.

As for me, last week was a bit of a struggle. Was just a tough week all around, which made working out and eating right difficult.I've managed to turn that around this week though....so far, at least. Just trying to keep up the momentum!

And Fatal, I understand what you mean. I am an all or nothing kinda person too. Don't go into it thinking it will be easy though. Cutting carbs completely out is tough. I did it for two weeks once. And also cut out wheat for 6 months. Both of those cases, I got hit hard with "withdraws". It really is like the flu, but a little more psychologically taxing. It really is an addiction...

To clarify... I am by no means suggesting you shouldn't or can't do it, Fatal. All I am trying to say is, make sure you keep your guard up. It is gonna throw a couple surprise punches. 

Good Monday to you all. Hope your weekends were great. Time to keep the momentum moving forward!

Hope you're all closer to your goals now than you were last week!

Good luck!

Good run last night. 2.3 miles in perfect weather. Getting more and more motivated by the mile. 

Weight work is looking better. Taking it slowly with the Stronglifts 5x5 but already seeing good changes. 

Gotta keep focusing on my eating though. Hasn't been great.

How's everyone else coming along?

Fairly well. I'm up to 3 complete BBW workouts at the moment. This early morning thing is not working out for me yet. I'm inbed by 11 but really struggle to be up at 6. I'm just so not a morning person!

Good stuff! Keep that momentum up!

Yea getting up early isn't easy. I had to force myself to get up in the mornings and continue it. Took a lot of work but it gets easier. People always ask me if I'm a morning person and I tell them "No, not really. I just learned how to deal with it..."

Got up at 6:01 this morning hit the road at 6:05 and at work 15 minutes early today.

Kept the run brief as i wasn't too sure of time I would need for the rest of the morning things. Well that, and running up and down a mountain isn't easy xD

Team.. are you having progress? Is your body changing the way you wanted to be?

Definitely made some progress. I've got my squats and my deadlifts back above 200lbs. Getting my bench and BB rows up too. Still having trouble with my Overhead Press, though. As far as running, i've made some improvements there too. Getting better at my distance (about 2 miles per run) but now I need to work on my pace. 

Hope everyone else is making a step in the right direction!

Sounds like everyone is doing pretty well! You guys are rockin' it!

I've been off the map for awhile on holiday. I was still able to maintain a pretty decent diet and get in my exercise. I had a few days where I missed, but overall, I am pretty pleased. 

The mornings are getting pretty chilly here and are making running outside a bit uncomfortable. I'm going to have to start getting my runs in on a treadmill. 

Keep up the great work everyone!