Jolltzz's Quest for a Healthy Body/Healthy Mind

Jolltzzz

Sawasdeeka!

I spaced out on my last six week challenge. I met many of my goals, but didn't check in here consistently because I was active in my local crossfit box. My guilt for spending so many monies there, finally caused me to drop my membership. I'm sad to leave that community, but I am hopeful that I can be more active in this awesome online community.  Since leaving last month, I have neglected most of my goals.

I'm typing this with one hand while my baby sleeps on my other arm so please excuse any abruptness.

Main Goal:To prepare my body for another incubation transformation.

Sub goals:

1. Complete 25 Strength Training  sessions using a combination of body weight, kettlebells, medicine balls, dumbbells, barbells, and yoga.
    (STR 5: +.2 per session).

2. Cover 200 miles in six weeks through a combination of running with the jogging stroller, biking with the trailer, walking with my baby on my back, rowing machines, and the elliptical (if I need to catch up).
    (END 5: +.025 per mile)

3. Prepare the majority of our meals at home so that I can eliminate "foodstuffs" and save money.
    (CON 3: +.024 per meal)

Life Quest: Treat myself the way that I treat other people. This means: No abusive language, allowing for "me time" to write and process experiences (min of 60 minutes weekly), and not undermining the opinions of those I love by ignoring their positive opinions of me.
(WIS 2: +.05 per 10 min writing)

Motivation: My spirited cuddle bug of a son is my motivation. I want to view myself the way that he views me: with unconditional love and acceptance.

Ranger in Training

Current 6 Week Challenge: Jolltzzz's Quest for a Healthy Body/Healthy Mind

My First 6 Week Challenge: Jolltzzz Vs. the Vicious Cycle

Attributes: STR 2, DEX 1, STA 3, CON 3, WIS 3, CHA 4

Acountabilitybuddies: Nerd Parents

"The truth will set you free. But not until it is finished with you." â€” David Foster Wallace

hey! restaurant eating can be a tough when you are trying to eat healthy. I enjoy cooking, but don't have a whole lot of time to do it. The crock pot has been my good friend in solving this dilemma. There are tons of online recipes you can find that involve throwing a bunch of stuff in a crock pot and in 6 hours POOF - dinner.

I hope you get some sleep and your son feels better. My daughter always breaks my heart when she is sick. :neglected:

Level 2 Ranger

STR 5.5/DEX 0/STA 1/CON 6/WIS 7/CHA 6

It's supposed to be hard. If it wasn't hard, everybody would do it.

In order to get something you never had, you have to do something you've never done.

If you are tired of starting over, stop giving up!

Current Challenge:

http://rebellion.nerdfitness.com/index.php?/topic/37240-the-turbo-tortoise-project-continues/

Incubation transformation!  Awesome!  

I hope your little one is better soon.  

Dr. Mrs. Kate Murry - Not a Dr. named Kate, nor do I have red hair, but I do have microbiology cred.

Level 3 Manic Pixie Dreamgirl

STR 3/DEX 1/STA 3/CON 3/WIS 3/CHA 2

Current Challege:   no pain =win

Past Challenges: First: 28   Third: 30  :joyous:

Battle Log (Women's NFA) Battle Log

Read the Bible in 2014: 7% finished

"Mercy lives here, at home with the saints and the sinners, mercy lives here" -Derri

Turbo, I agree about the awesomeness that is the crockpot. I have a book that explains how to make amazing dishes. What I struggle with is cleaning the crockpot without scratching it to bits :-)

Thanks, Dr. Kate!

Ranger in Training

"The truth will set you free. But not until it is finished with you." â€” David Foster Wallace

I modified the measurement of my goals and assigned a specific point value for each achievement. I also made it a bit more compatible with my life. Instead of determining an amount of activity time, I created a distance goal. This will allow more adventuring and flexibility. If my son wants to toddle one day as he examines cracks in the sidewalk, that's OK. The next day we'll make up distance with a bike ride. I wouldn't want to rush him or make him stay out longer due to a random time goal.

Speaking of toddler exploration, today we took multiple walks and covered 7 miles which puts me at 11 so far for this challenge. W00t! I'm behind on strength training, but I'll catch up. I also baked a yummy mustard and sage glazed chicken for dinner with enough leftovers for tomorrow.

My kidlet is feeling much better and only has a few more days of antibiotics. I think all the fresh air breezing past him in the stroller lifted his spirits (and mine).

Ranger in Training

This morning my 3yo and I spent quite a long while squishing our toes in some post-rain mud.  It's sometimes such a challenge for me to stop and enjoy the moment rather than pushing the 'hurry up' button.  

Glad to know you are planning for exploration time.  :positive:   Thanks for the reminder.  :) 

Dr. Mrs. Kate Murry - Not a Dr. named Kate, nor do I have red hair, but I do have microbiology cred.

Level 3 Manic Pixie Dreamgirl

STR 3/DEX 1/STA 3/CON 3/WIS 3/CHA 2

Current Challege:   no pain =win

Past Challenges: First: 28   Third: 30  :joyous:

Battle Log (Women's NFA) Battle Log

Read the Bible in 2014: 7% finished

"Mercy lives here, at home with the saints and the sinners, mercy lives here" -Derri

Hey Joltzzz!! I hope you are still at your challenge!! Even if you aren't today is a new day! I'd love to hear about it either way =D

Level 2 Ranger

STR 5.5/DEX 0/STA 1/CON 6/WIS 7/CHA 6

It's supposed to be hard. If it wasn't hard, everybody would do it.

In order to get something you never had, you have to do something you've never done.

If you are tired of starting over, stop giving up!

Current Challenge:

http://rebellion.nerdfitness.com/index.php?/topic/37240-the-turbo-tortoise-project-continues/

Important Information

New here? Please check out our Privacy Policy and Community Guidelines