The Legend of Will: The Quest of Awesome!

(Saturday - 9/21/13) Day Six: Rest up in Horon Village

• Vegetables with each meal: Incomplete

[ Battle Log: - THE LEGEND OF WILL - ]

Spoiler

"I can change the future!"

- Shulk from Xenoblade Chronicles

"I still don't know what I should do. What [he's] doing isn't for his own gain. He walks the path he believes in, one step at a time. Wishing only for the happiness of those around him. I, on the other hand... I thought I didn't have a path that I could take laid out before me. But like he said, that's just running away. I must find my own path."

- Fei from Xenogears

"A life of adventure awaits those with the courage to step beyond their comfort zones."

- Hylian Dan from The Philosophy of The Wind Waker

(Sunday - 9/22/13) Day Seven: Gather information on where to venture next

Spoiler

"I still don't know what I should do. What [he's] doing isn't for his own gain. He walks the path he believes in, one step at a time. Wishing only for the happiness of those around him. I, on the other hand... I thought I didn't have a path that I could take laid out before me. But like he said, that's just running away. I must find my own path."

- Fei from Xenogears

"A life of adventure awaits those with the courage to step beyond their comfort zones."

Week One Recap:

Well, this has been one interesting week indeed. I’ve joined an awesome team, got myself started on my next adventure, and FINNALY worked out for three days this week (I’ve been struggling with that for a while now). My start with school work has been a bit rocky, but I believe I can turn it around! Other than failing on the vegetables this week, I think I’ve done well. But “well†won’t be good enough if I want to become a hero, so this next week, I’m pulling the stops and getting what needs to be done, done! Because… WHO THE HELL DO YOU THINK I AM!

I’d also like to thank all of you who have encouraged and helped me during this week. Since I began my journey to better myself, I’d felt I was all alone. I’d try to get my friends involved with NF too, but they either never got around to signing up, or told me that it just wasn’t for them. But after I joined the DAI-GURREN BRIGADE, I feel I’m surrounded by others with the same passion as I: “to become better than the person we were a day before.†I know it hasn’t been that long, nor do I know all of you too well yet, but I finally feel like I’m not alone on my quest! So thanks for the support, and let’s keep pushing forward!

Spoiler

- Fei from Xenogears

Go Will!!  Looks like you're seriously kicking those workouts!  I feel like a mom (which I am, just not yours!) when I say eat your veggies...but...DO IT!  It's like making a new habit -- do it consistently for three weeks and you'll have it.  Pre-planning which ones you are going to eat with which meals is key.  That way you're not starving while you're thinking about it and decide to go with steak (with a side of steak) for dinner.  :)

Good to have you in the Brigade as well as our new mini group!  Keep up the good work!

Level 2 Amazon Druid

STR 4|DEX 1|STA 1|CON 3|WIS 3|CHA 1

My 1st Challenge - Ring Toss, Anyone?     My 2nd Challenge - Jodi's Two Towers     My Battle Log     My Tribe - The Dai-Gurren Brigade

At times, you become almost certain that you slabbed this hillside three days ago, crossed this stream yesterday, clambered over this fallen tree at least twice today already. But most of the time you don’t think. No point. Instead, you exist in a kind of mobile Zen mode, your brain like a balloon tethered with string, accompanying but not actually part of the body below. Walking for hours and miles becomes as automatic, as unremarkable, as breathing. At the end of the day you don’t think, 'Hey, I did sixteen miles today,' any more than you think, 'Hey, I took eight-thousand breaths today.' It’s just what you do.â€

Bill Bryson, A Walk in the Woods

Thanks! And yep, getting vegies on my plate will be a priority this week. I'll take the advice from Gabsational and swe and see about either preparing the veggies before hand of just getting some frozen ones.

Spoiler

- Fei from Xenogears

Awesome job Will! I am really impressed by your workouts. 59 decline push-up for the first set? Wow. Very good.

We will all be mothers nagging you to eat your veggies. Do it! You'll feel so good, I promise.

Level 2 

Dwarf Ranger

STR 2     |     DEX 1     |     STA 4     |     CON 3     |     WIS 3     |     CHA 0

Current Challenge: Give Peas a Chance!

1st Challenge: Buggalo Begins!

''Life is hard. You are hard. I don't see the problem." - Coach

THE GURREN BRIGADE!

"Think about all the things you'd wish other people had done for, or with, you. Then do those things for other people.

Then, smash barriers and laugh a lot while shouting "WHO THE HELL DO YOU THINK I AM!?!" - Hero                                                                                                                      

Nice job with getting in your workouts.  I hope classes are smoothing out some this week. 

Keep kicking some butt and as Buggs says "Give Peas a chance"

Suck it up today so you don't have to suck it in tomorrow!!

"I'm not a princess, I don't need saving. I'm a Queen, I got this shit handled!"

Level 4 Assassin

/not/smart/enough/to/keep/track/of/points

Challenge Thread

First,

“to become better than the person we were a day before.â€

I am stealing this for my sig. That is awesome.

And second, You're right Will- you are no longer alone. You have the Brigade at your back. You are one of ours and we are watching out for you now!

Third, and yep- here's the nagging..... GET THOSE VEGGIES IN! LOL

That is a command from your co-leader!

Seriously, try frozen, nuke em or stove top pretty easy.

Have an AWESOME day and remember

Who the Hell Do You Think You Are??!!??

Level 6 Pixie Assassin Rangerish Adventurer
Current Challenge: Guess What??
Previous Challenges:

Spoiler

1st 2nd 3rd 4th 5th 6th 7th 8th 9th 10th 12th 13th 14th  Battle Log
-We can't always change the things we've done, but we can change what we do next.

-I don't have a choice. I deserve a better life and this is what I have to do to get there.
-Whatever doesn't kill me....Had better start running.

Just a quick veggie plug, Ziplock makes microwave steaming bags that cook raw veggies super quick.  AAaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaand done.  I promise no more veggie nagging from me :beaten:

Suck it up today so you don't have to suck it in tomorrow!!

"I'm not a princess, I don't need saving. I'm a Queen, I got this shit handled!"

Level 4 Assassin

/not/smart/enough/to/keep/track/of/points

Challenge Thread

Just a quick veggie plug, Ziplock makes microwave steaming bags that cook raw veggies super quick.  AAaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaand done.  I promise no more veggie nagging from me :beaten:

First,

“to become better than the person we were a day before.â€

I am stealing this for my sig. That is awesome.

And second, You're right Will- you are no longer alone. You have the Brigade at your back. You are one of ours and we are watching out for you now!

Third, and yep- here's the nagging..... GET THOSE VEGGIES IN! LOL

That is a command from your co-leader!

Seriously, try frozen, nuke em or stove top pretty easy.

Have an AWESOME day and remember

Who the Hell Do You Think You Are??!!??

You have something against veggies? ...

eat_your_vegetables__by_sebreg-d5ylifu.j

I find it helpful to eat things I don't want to out of a container that looks like this.

il_170x135.474744315_h3vj.jpg

Problem solved.

Sooo...yeah.  I'm going to check off "vegetable nagging" as complete for the day.  :)

The Brigade has your back, Will!  We're all rooting for ya!

Level 2 Amazon Druid

STR 4|DEX 1|STA 1|CON 3|WIS 3|CHA 1

My 1st Challenge - Ring Toss, Anyone?     My 2nd Challenge - Jodi's Two Towers     My Battle Log     My Tribe - The Dai-Gurren Brigade

At times, you become almost certain that you slabbed this hillside three days ago, crossed this stream yesterday, clambered over this fallen tree at least twice today already. But most of the time you don’t think. No point. Instead, you exist in a kind of mobile Zen mode, your brain like a balloon tethered with string, accompanying but not actually part of the body below. Walking for hours and miles becomes as automatic, as unremarkable, as breathing. At the end of the day you don’t think, 'Hey, I did sixteen miles today,' any more than you think, 'Hey, I took eight-thousand breaths today.' It’s just what you do.â€

Bill Bryson, A Walk in the Woods

Hey Will! This is your co-leader! Check in time mister! lol

Seriously, come check in and tell us how your doing on them goals!

Previous Challenges:

Spoiler

-We can't always change the things we've done, but we can change what we do next.

-I don't have a choice. I deserve a better life and this is what I have to do to get there.

BAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA! Oh,kiwi!   :wub:

carrots-gonna-eat-ya.jpg

I'm pretty sure you just changed my life.

Level 2 

Dwarf Ranger

STR 2     |     DEX 1     |     STA 4     |     CON 3     |     WIS 3     |     CHA 0

Current Challenge: Give Peas a Chance!

1st Challenge: Buggalo Begins!

''Life is hard. You are hard. I don't see the problem." - Coach

THE GURREN BRIGADE!

"Think about all the things you'd wish other people had done for, or with, you. Then do those things for other people.

Then, smash barriers and laugh a lot while shouting "WHO THE HELL DO YOU THINK I AM!?!" - Hero                                                                                                                      

Oops, sorry everyone, I've just been lazy this week with the updates. I'll be posting what's been going on this week right now. You'll all be happy to know that I've been hitting my veggie goal since Tuesday! Woo! :D

Spoiler

- Fei from Xenogears

Week Two: Find your way to Spool Swamp

• (Monday – 9/23/13) Day Eight: Meet Ricky the kangaroo
  • (Tuesday – 9/24/13 – Workout 4/18) Day Nine: Try and find your way to Spool Swamp
    • Workout: Complete
      • Decline Push-ups:
      • Bicep Curls (Left) 25 lbs.
      • Wrist Curls (Left) 25 lbs.
      • Bicep Curls (Left, Right) 20 lbs.
      • Wrist Curls (Left, Right) 20 lbs.
      • Planks
        • 3min. 0sec.
        • 1min. 0sec.
        • 1min. 0sec.
      • Max Squat Thrusts
      • Run
        • Duration: I honestly don’t know. I just was listening to an awesome remix of the Over World Theme form Link’s Awakening, and just started to run XD
        • Distance: 2.85 miles (same route as last week’s workout on Monday)
    • Vegetables with each meal: Complete
  • (Wednesday – 9/25/13) Day Ten: You find your way there only to find you need the power of summer added to the Rod of Seasons 
  • (Thursday – 9/26/13) Day Eleven: Head to Subrosia to get it

Spoiler

- Fei from Xenogears

DID YOU EAT YOUR VEGGIES FOR TODAY, WILL?!   WILL?!!

vegetables-colorful-puppy-flickr-snuggle

LOL XD

Hey thanks everyone for being on my case to eat my veggies! It really did help me out. Every time I didn't want to eat vegetables, and just gorge myself on fruits or something, I thought of all of you telling me I should get some veggies, so I went and piled some on my plate :D 

Has will left us? :(

Nope, I'm still here, so don't worry! I'm just not used to updating my progress everyday (I'm a bit lazy). It's a habit I'm forming though, so it's a work in progress, but I'm getting there :pride:

Spoiler

- Fei from Xenogears

Excellent job Will!  :triumphant: :triumphant:

Proud of you on those goals. particularly on those veggies! ;)

Keep up the good work my brigadier!

Previous Challenges:

Spoiler

Important Information

New here? Please check out our Privacy Policy and Community Guidelines