The Legend of Will: The Quest of Awesome!

Haha, Thanks! :D

I find that I feel really good about myself when I workout, so it's a bit of a release for me. With how bad of a failure I've felt like through out my high school years for constantly messing up with school work, and struggling with my ADHD (not that it cripples me, it's more of a "gift" that I need to figure out how to use), working out is one of those things I can do right, and do well. I feel empowered! I feel like I CAN overcome obstacles in my path, and be a total Bad Ass while doing it! I feel like I CAN and AM becoming a hero like Link, so I usually don't want that feeling to stop, which is why I just keep on working out. I'm like a little kid playing around with their friends: Even though I'm exhausted, tired, and my everything is burning, I still want to keep playing, because it's just too much fun XD

Over the years I've put too much self worth in a grade from a school, instead of in what I can do and what I'm good at; which is a bit of a hard habit to break. So working out kind of reminds me that I AM more than just a grade on a piece of paper.

(not saying school isn't important, because I am keeping up on my work; just saying working out can help remind me that there's much more to life than just that)

Just felt like rambling on for a while. Now I'm gona' go head to bed, because I'm up waaaaaay to late XD

See you tomorrow :)

[ Battle Log: - THE LEGEND OF WILL - ]

Spoiler

"I can change the future!"

- Shulk from Xenoblade Chronicles

"I still don't know what I should do. What [he's] doing isn't for his own gain. He walks the path he believes in, one step at a time. Wishing only for the happiness of those around him. I, on the other hand... I thought I didn't have a path that I could take laid out before me. But like he said, that's just running away. I must find my own path."

- Fei from Xenogears

"A life of adventure awaits those with the courage to step beyond their comfort zones."

- Hylian Dan from The Philosophy of The Wind Waker

Haha, Thanks! :D

I find that I feel really good about myself when I workout, so it's a bit of a release for me. With how bad of a failure I've felt like through out my high school years for constantly messing up with school work, and struggling with my ADHD (not that it cripples me, it's more of a "gift" that I need to figure out how to use), working out is one of those things I can do right, and do well. I feel empowered! I feel like I CAN overcome obstacles in my path, and be a total Bad Ass while doing it! I feel like I CAN and AM becoming a hero like Link, so I usually don't want that feeling to stop, which is why I just keep on working out. I'm like a little kid playing around with their friends: Even though I'm exhausted, tired, and my everything is burning, I still want to keep playing, because it's just too much fun XD

Over the years I've put too much self worth in a grade from a school, instead of in what I can do and what I'm good at; which is a bit of a hard habit to break. So working out kind of reminds me that I AM more than just a grade on a piece of paper.

(not saying school isn't important, because I am keeping up on my work; just saying working out can help remind me that there's much more to life than just that)

Just felt like rambling on for a while. Now I'm gona' go head to bed, because I'm up waaaaaay to late XD

See you tomorrow :)

Always great to hear when someone loves to work out and doesn't have to force it. I know what you mean though I always look forward to going to the gym and love the feeling of pushing myself to be a little better than I was last time :)

Today I will do what others won't, so that tomorrow I can do what others can't

Battle Log - http://rebellion.nerdfitness.com/index.php?/topic/43243-swes-path-fun-change/

Wow, Will. I am really impressed!

You're kicking my butt on those bicep curls. I am currently only at 17.5 lbs. You're definitely becoming a hero! (nodding)

Proud of you, seriously. And I love the attitude on working out! Awesome!

Level 6 Pixie Assassin Rangerish Adventurer
Current Challenge: Guess What??
Previous Challenges:

Spoiler

1st 2nd 3rd 4th 5th 6th 7th 8th 9th 10th 12th 13th 14th  Battle Log
-We can't always change the things we've done, but we can change what we do next.

-I don't have a choice. I deserve a better life and this is what I have to do to get there.
-Whatever doesn't kill me....Had better start running.

It's been quite some time since I was last exposed to Oracle of Seasons. This does bring back fond memories. You've done a fine job of molding the narrative of an OoS run into your timetable! Though my narrative allows for a bit more creative freedom, I'd reckon it's easier than what you've done here. Kudos!

Also, I can now with confidence add you as the third person to my list of "people who do so very high intensity workouts that I get tired even just reading about them"… the other two people being Cheechoe and Ronin.

Best of luck to you!

M (the 13th letter). Lvl 6 Elven Monk.

Mathematics, computer science, martial arts and bodyweight strength training. Also, sometimes, fiction.

Hello, world!

Challenges: “Consistency†⟶ “Preparation†⟶ “Multiplexing†⟶ “Sanity†⟶ “Escape†⟶ “Lockdown†⟶ “Probation†⟶ “Detention†⟶ “Foundationâ€(×3) ⟶ “All In!†⟶ “Happy Hourâ€

Hey sorry that it took me this long to respond, but I'm here now so let me do just that.

Always great to hear when someone loves to work out and doesn't have to force it. I know what you mean though I always look forward to going to the gym and love the feeling of pushing myself to be a little better than I was last time :)

Yep, it usually feels great to push myself, but I might not say I don't have to force it sometimes. Some times I get really wrapped up in something, that I forget to workout. like last Saturday, I had started playing the Sims 3 with my little sister, and we where having so much fun using cheats to see how much we could bend the game before it broke (Ex: editing NPC's, deleting objects, forcing a sim to age until they die of old age, and then forcibly aging the grim reaper just to see what happens [if you do it right, he'll turn into a adult, then an old man, then disappear]), that I completely forgot about working out.

It was fun though XD

Wow, Will. I am really impressed!

You're kicking my butt on those bicep curls. I am currently only at 17.5 lbs. You're definitely becoming a hero! (nodding)

Proud of you, seriously. And I love the attitude on working out! Awesome!

Glad you're proud! Make's me feel awesome about myself :D

I usually forget that I've accomplished a lot so far often when I get bogged down by my recent mistakes, so to hear that I can make people proud of me really lifts my mood, and reminds me that despite the fact that I've tripped up, I've also covered so much ground too. So thanks for telling me that :D

It's been quite some time since I was last exposed to Oracle of Seasons. This does bring back fond memories. You've done a fine job of molding the narrative of an OoS run into your timetable! Though my narrative allows for a bit more creative freedom, I'd reckon it's easier than what you've done here. Kudos!

Also, I can now with confidence add you as the third person to my list of "people who do so very high intensity workouts that I get tired even just reading about them"… the other two people being Cheechoe and Ronin.

Best of luck to you!

Glad I could make it onto that list :D

Although, I can see what the effects are of my workouts now. I haven't stretched in a while, and now I hurt all over. so before today's workout, I'm going to stretch a lot! might keep me from doing my best, but during my last workout, my arms where really hurting, so I don't want that again.

Speaking of workouts, I'll be posting what I've done after today's workout. I apologize for having not updated more frequently through out this challenge, so a mini goal for these last two weeks is to update every day. This has no bearing on what extra stats I get at the end, it's just something I want to try and do. I haven't posted, and also been as active on my team mates threads as I would have liked, so I'm going to do my best to turn that around starting today! See you all later tonight :D

Spoiler

"I still don't know what I should do. What [he's] doing isn't for his own gain. He walks the path he believes in, one step at a time. Wishing only for the happiness of those around him. I, on the other hand... I thought I didn't have a path that I could take laid out before me. But like he said, that's just running away. I must find my own path."

- Fei from Xenogears

"A life of adventure awaits those with the courage to step beyond their comfort zones."

Good to see you back more regularly Will! :encouragement:

Previous Challenges:

Spoiler

-We can't always change the things we've done, but we can change what we do next.

-I don't have a choice. I deserve a better life and this is what I have to do to get there.

• (Friday – 10/11/13) Day Twenty-six

• Vegetables: Incomplete

(Saturday – 10/12/13) Day Twenty-seven

(Sunday – 10/13/13 – Workout 10/18) Day Twenty-eight

• Workout: Complete

• Decline Push-ups:

Bicep Curls (Left) 25 lbs.

Wrist Curls (Left) 25 lbs.

Bicep Curls (Left, Right) 25 lbs.

Wrist Curls (Left, Right) 25 lbs.

Pull-ups

Chin-ups

Planks

• 2min. 28sec.

• 1min. 0sec.

1min. 0sec.

Max Squat Thrusts

Vegetables: Incomplete

Spoiler

- Fei from Xenogears

Week Recap: So-so week. passed by faster than I realized.  

Spoiler

- Fei from Xenogears

Week Five: To the 6th and 7th Dungeons!

• (Monday – 10/14/13) Day Twenty-nine
    • Vegetables: Complete

• (Tuesday – 10/15/13) Day Thirty
    • Vegetables: Complete
    • Notes: I was going to work out today, but right before I was going to start, a hurt my hand bad (feels better at the time of typing this, but it’s too late at night to work out now), so onto tomorrow morning!

Spoiler

- Fei from Xenogears

:triumphant: :triumphant: :triumphant: :triumphant: :triumphant: :triumphant: :triumphant:

Awesome on getting those veggies in these last 2 days and Sundays workout! Way to pick it!

Hope your hand feels better for tomorrow's workout, will be expecting that report my Brigade member!

Have an excellent Wednesday Will!

Previous Challenges:

Spoiler

• (Wednesday – 10/16/13 – Workout 11/18) Day Thirty-one

• Workout: Completed

• Decline Push-ups:

Pull-ups

Chin-ups

Planks

• 2min. 0sec.

• 1min. 0sec.

1min. 0sec.

Notes: Workout was significantly reduced because my wrist still hurt a bit.

Spoiler

- Fei from Xenogears

I am proud of you Will, you are doing simply awesome. But, do be careful of the wrist, don't want you to seriously hurt something or make it worse.

Have an awesome Thursday my friend!

Previous Challenges:

Spoiler

I am proud of you Will, you are doing simply awesome. But, do be careful of the wrist, don't want you to seriously hurt something or make it worse.

Have an awesome Thursday my friend!

I'll make sure to not push myself too hard. We're almost at the end of this challenge, and I wouldn't want to have to sit it out because I was too overzealous with my workouts. So I'll make sure that during today's workout I pay extra close attention to my wrist. If I can't do too many arm and upper body exercises today, expect a lot of running, or biking, or something aerobic.

And yes, I shall have an awesome Thursday! Thank you! And go have an awesome Thursday yourself :D

Did you eat your veggies for today yet, Will?

Good job on the rest of your goals!  Rawr!

Kiwi, I haven't even gotten breakfast yet XD

But yes, I shall get my veggies in today! I won't let you down! :D

And I'll keep at it with my goals! "Goals, you shall be reached and exceeded TODAY!"

Spoiler

- Fei from Xenogears

• (Thursday – 10/17/13 – Workout 12/18) Day Thirty-two

• Dungeon Workout: Completed

• Decline Push-ups:

Bicep Curls (Left) 25 lbs.

Wrist Curls (Left) 25 lbs.

Planks

• 3min. 19sec.

• 1min. 0sec.

1min. 6sec.

Max Squat Thrusts

Run

• Distance

• 2.85 miles

Duration

• 16min. 23sec.

Dungeon Boss (Advanced Body Weight Workout: Altered)

• First Circuit

• 10 One Legged Squats

• Complete

• 20 Body Weight Squats

• Complete

20 Walking Lunges

• Complete

20 Jump Step-ups

• Complete

10 Push-ups

• Complete

20 Decline Push-ups

• Complete

20 Push-ups

• Complete

1min. Plank

• Complete

Second Circuit

• 10 One Legged Squats

• Complete

20 Body Weight Squats

• Complete

20 Walking Lunges

• Complete

20 Jump Step-ups

• Complete

10 Push-ups

• Complete

20 Decline Push-ups

• Complete

20 Push-ups

• Complete

1min. Plank

• Complete

Vegetables: Complete

Spoiler

- Fei from Xenogears

Ahh, just finished that workout not too long before I posted my results, and for me, nothing is better than listening to the Boss Room Calm  track from The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess right after a Boss Dungeon Workout.

I always feel so calm listening to it, like I've overcome some huge challenge, and I get a chance to reflect on how far I've come.

Spoiler

- Fei from Xenogears

See, there's that awesomeness again!  Seriously Will, you are gonna slam this thing! So glad you decided to join the brigade, I love your spirit. Very inspiring.

Sounds like the wrist did well! So glad.

Hope Friday is treating you as well as you deserve!!!  :D

Previous Challenges:

Spoiler

• (Friday – 10/18/13) Day Thirty-three

• Notes: Dang it! On to tomorrow! I won't let this sip up stop me!

Spoiler

- Fei from Xenogears

Excellent!  :triumphant:

Previous Challenges:

Spoiler

• (Saturday - 10/19/13) Day Thirty-four

• Notes: I made the mistake of staying up all night last night watching episodes of The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya (an interesting anime, which I'd unfortunately watched skipping a few episodes here and there unknowingly) so today, I’ve been drowsy, tired, and unmotivated. I’m going to fix that mistake by going to bed now! I shall see you all tomorrow when I’m well rested and ready to kick ASS! :D

Spoiler

- Fei from Xenogears

Smart choice! Now I expect no less than an excellent report come tomorrow!!

Previous Challenges:

Spoiler

After a good night's rest, I feel SO much better now :D

Expect a report of me doing awesome things today!

Spoiler

- Fei from Xenogears

• (Sunday – 10/20/13 – Workout 13/18) Day Thirty Five

• Workout: Complete

• Run

• Duration:

• ~35min.

• Decline Push-ups

Planks

• 2min. 28sec.

• 1min. 0sec.

0min. 30sec.

MST

Notes: Felt like doing a lot of push-ups. Don’t know why… Oh well, whatever. Glad I got them in XD

Spoiler

- Fei from Xenogears

I can't imagine (yet?) why anyone would "feel like doing a lot of push-ups". They are still my nemesis. :D

And those numbers above add up to A LOT. WHOA!

:triumphant: :triumphant: :triumphant:

Um...What happened to your good veggie habits?

*naggedynag*

Hobbit 

Challenges: 14 | 13 | 12 | 11 | 10 | 9| 7 | 6 | 5 | 4 | 3 | 2 | 1

My shiny new "battle" log - probably more of a plodding-along log, but hey, it's mine!

Important Information

New here? Please check out our Privacy Policy and Community Guidelines