SpaghettiMonster II: Pasta al dente

SpaghettiMonster

So this is my second challenge. In my first challenge (http://nerdfitnessrebellion.com/index.php?/topic/34714-spaghettimonster-running/) I was doing running, hitting my goal to double my total running kilometres per week. 

Now winter is here (9 degrees today!) and running is not so much fun in cold and rain, so i've switched to the 7' Workout. 

I'm using the Seven iOS app (http://www.perigee.se/seven.php) which helpfully includes some achievements tracking. Here's my plan 

Week 1 (16-22/9): "Intense Week" (7 days x 1 workout)

Week 2 (23-29/9): Finish month with max 1 lost day

Week 3 (30/9-6/10): "Going Athlete" (Finish 2 workouts in one day - at least once during the week)

Week 4 (7-13/10): "Is this a Challenge" (Workout every day for two weeks)

Week 5 (14-20/10): "All Good Things are 3" (Finish 3 workouts in one day - at least once during the week)

Week 6 (21-27/10): Finish month with max 1 lost day

Wow that sounds intense! But you're right the weather for running is over! (Not that I would start running even if the conditions were perfect...)

- Abtacha -

Challenges: #1, #2, #3, #4

"Conquer yourself and the world lies at your feet."

"Take care of your body as if you were going to live forever, and take care of your soul as if you were going to die tomorrow."

- Saint Ausgustine -

Yes, it seems kind of intense, but I noticed in my first challenge that aiming high forced me to strive more and stay focused. However, I allowed myself to "fail", e.g. achieving 70-80% of the weekly goal, without going into a "you didn't reach the goal, you're loser" mode :) 

What you pretend is running everyday (except two days overall) and double or triple trainings the third and fifth weeks. Am I right?

Good luck. It seems intense, but achievable. Also, you have only one goal, so it would be easier keep yourself focused.

Human: Ranger

5 STR | 3 DEX | 5 STA | 4 CON | 2 WIS | 3 CHA

Current challenge: keep it simple

battle log | epic quest

Last challenges: ΜΟΛΩΠΛΑΒΕ | prepare to a half-marathon

MEMENTO MORI

Hi guys, thanks for checking up on me :) 

Week 1 (16-22/9): "Intense Week" (7 days x 1 workout)

First week successful! I'm quite glad about it because I am travelling, and caught myself try to find excuses in for not working out because of the small hotel room or having to wake up early. Thankfully, the tracking of the app, and my posting my schedule here kept me in line  :) 

6XPdSjM.png

2nd week report

- Friday: on track

- Saturday: on track 

- Sunday: on track although it was a difficult to get of the couch today. Thank you for the reminders, they helped! :) 

Next week will be a bit tricky, i'll be travelling and will be staying at a friend. It will be a bit weird exercising in another person's house :)

Week 3 (30/9-6/10): "Going Athlete" (Finish 2 workouts in one day - at least once during the week)

Apologies for not reporting earlier. 

- Bad thing: I didn't do the 2 workouts in one day thing as scheduled. If I really forced myself I guess I could, but fell into the usual "let's do it tomorrow" trap

- Good things: I worked out every day of the week. Best of all, I was travelling and despite having little space in my room, i felt the NEED to workout! :) 

For this week I have already done the "Is this a Challenge" (Workout every day for two weeks) thing, so I need to keep on the track and do the 2 workouts in a day shortly :)

Variety is the key. When I do always the same kind of workouts (weight lifting + running/spinnning) I can't stand the two trainings a day during the seven days of the week, but if I change my routines (martial arts, running, calisthenics, etc.), I finish the week wanting to do MORE than I've already done.

Human: Ranger

5 STR | 3 DEX | 5 STA | 4 CON | 2 WIS | 3 CHA

Current challenge: keep it simple

battle log | epic quest

Last challenges: ΜΟΛΩΠΛΑΒΕ | prepare to a half-marathon

MEMENTO MORI

I know about "tomorrow" all to well... ;)

I like a certain routine better. Not much thinking involved so I work out automatically and before I have time to find an excuse I already started.

- Abtacha -

Challenges: #1, #2, #3, #4

"Conquer yourself and the world lies at your feet."

"Take care of your body as if you were going to live forever, and take care of your soul as if you were going to die tomorrow."

- Saint Ausgustine -

There's more exercises but there's a post limit.

Using a sledgehammer as a workout tool.  6-7 months ago, I used a 10 pound hammer and lasted maybe 4 minutes before I was light headed, sweating, out of breath, and cotton-mouthed.  I built up to 400+ reps, then upgraded to my 20 pound warhammer.  I'm currently up to roughly 200 reps with it.

I go much slower than the guy in the video.  I treat them like actual 4-5 second reps.  I tweaked them a little.  Chop wood has more of a lunge built in with the front leg, and the killswitch doesn't use that backward momentum that the guy uses.

Week 4 report: worked out all days straight (Sunday was more difficult due to typical Sunday laziness) but didn't get to do the two workouts thing.

Week 5 (14-20/10): "All Good Things are 3" (Finish 3 workouts in one day - at least once during the week)

Week 5 report: workout every day, 1 time did 2 workouts. So the goal of week 3 is out :) 

This leaves the goals for weeks 5 and 6 to be done in this last week. Time really flies! 

The workout is now part of my morning routine, things are harder on weekends where i get lazy... :) 

So, this is the final day of the challenge 

Week 6 log: trained every day, one day replaced it with heavy lifting + walking up a hill in the rain for 15' (a.k.a. The Supermarket Challenge :D)

Best of all though, 4 days out of 7 I did 2 workouts per day. 

I didn't make it for the 3 workouts in a day part though. 

All in all, the challenge went well. I have a new habit and am actually improving my fitness! :) 

Looking forward to the next one, many thanks to everyone in this thread for the support :)

Important Information

New here? Please check out our Privacy Policy and Community Guidelines