There's Always Room For "NO" (pt 2) [metal_weaver]

metal_weaver

OK!! :)

AWESOME!!! Painting faces, chainmail bras, festivals, music, watery sno cone syrup....for sure a great day!!! :D

It was a GREAT day indeed. :D

:D

As for throwing food out, I always consider: do I want it to go to waste, or do I want it to go to MY WAIST.  It helps me remember that I'm not a human hoover.

*giggle-snort* human hoover... that sounds about right... and great motto. I wish I had a garbage disposal at our place. I never felt bad about feeding leftovers to that poor hungry maw. Flick the switch and hear it grumble. :tongue:

Awesome.  I'm going to put that quote up on my fridge.

metal_weaver, you are doing really well!  Just keep building those good habits and increasing your mindfulness of your eating, and you'll do great!

Also, I totally want pictures of your chainmail.  Do you have a website or anything?

Thanks EK! I'll get some pics ASAP!

Great job.  chainmail?  CHAINMAIL?  pictures required.

Yes, real honest to goodness chainmail! :D Pictures to arrive shortly...

ok, Im giving you yesterday bc you checked in via other means...how's today going???
aaaaaaand just in case....

Thank you. ^_^ Yeah, Sunday turned out "busy"er than originally anticipated. Explanation to follow.  ... YAY PONIES!!!! :D

<3 y'all!! Thanks for checking in on me and for the encouragement!!

Today was "next time". I do that whole mental thing: "next time I will say no to (list bad food here that I'm about to consume/am consuming)". Well, today was that "next time". Cause I said no. I went into the breakroom, dollar in hand, with my mental eye fixed on the vend-o-tron... and I stopped just short of it as I came to the fridge, pulled out a deliciously cold green pepper and walked away. The nutty bars that were on my mind (that I don't even LIKE anymore... they were one of my go-to things for when I wanted to eat something just for the sensation) stayed in their plastic prison inside the vending machine. HA! I DID IT!! One little victory at a time. And my green pepper was amaze-balls. :tongue: Yup, I just used that word.

Hmm your chainmail pictures are taking more than 4 minutes to appear... <taps foot>...

Today was "next time". I do that whole mental thing: "next time I will say no to (list bad food here that I'm about to consume/am consuming)". Well, today was that "next time". Cause I said no. I went into the breakroom, dollar in hand, with my mental eye fixed on the vend-o-tron... and I stopped just short of it as I came to the fridge, pulled out a deliciously cold green pepper and walked away. The nutty bars that were on my mind (that I don't even LIKE anymore... they were one of my go-to things for when I wanted to eat something just for the sensation) stayed in their plastic prison inside the vending machine. HA! I DID IT!! One little victory at a time. And my green pepper was amaze-balls.  :tongue: Yup, I just used that word.

Chalk one up in the win column!!

Emptyknight - Level 4 Human Adventurer
Str 9 | Dex 5.75 | Sta 5.25 | Con 9.25 | Wis 10.75 | Cha 7.5
Highest Wt 301lbs - Challenge Start 270 lbs - Current 260 lbs | Highest BF% 38 - Current% 33
My Current Challenge

Life before Death. Strength before Weakness. Journey before Destination.

Sue @ MN

Here is a pic of the chainmail bra in action. That's my sister. ^_^ I've made a few modifications to how it hitches in the back and have strengthened the sides (which you can't see in this pic), so I'm deeming it "finished" until I get to fit her again (she lives 2 hours away *cry*).

<3  I'm now working on her belt, which will be an adaptation of the Cathedral Chimes Dance Belt by ~enchantress13 on deviantART. My sister was surfing to her heart's content and fell in love with the design of it, so I'm going to mod it for bootilicious mama-hips and make it in black to match. Meow! Can't wait to see how it turns out!! :D

LOL... that's fantastic looking mail.  I meet the most interesting people on this site.

Emptyknight - Level 4 Human Adventurer
Str 9 | Dex 5.75 | Sta 5.25 | Con 9.25 | Wis 10.75 | Cha 7.5
Highest Wt 301lbs - Challenge Start 270 lbs - Current 260 lbs | Highest BF% 38 - Current% 33
My Current Challenge

Life before Death. Strength before Weakness. Journey before Destination.

Sunday:

- Breakfast: 1/2 banana & a couple sips of packaged apple cider (thanks Toby & PJ for sharing w. me ^_^)

- Lunch: 1 bowl (approx 2 cups) leftover egg noodles w/ beef roast & clear beef gravy w/ 1.5 pcs of cantaloupe

- Dinner: a "gyro plate" from a local restaurant. Me 'n the hubs went out with one of his long-lost high school friends (would have made dinner @ home, but his mother [who lives with us] hates the woman. Too bad, I thought she was pretty cool!). I loves me some gyros.

- Dessert: *sigh* social eating kills me every time. Had a small "salted caramel pumpkin spice concrete mixer" from Culvers. It was unfortunately delicious. I need to get some more pumpkin pie spice and make my Paleo pumpkin custard stuff again. Yum. Mmm, real food... *changes her mind-set*

Monday: TODAY IS A ROCK-STAR!!

- Breakfast: 2 bites of soggy strawberry frosted mini-wheats (threw out the rest once I realized that I was replacing the garbage can with my mouth - yuck). Grabbed an apple out the door to work.

- Snack: 1 green pepper

- Lunch: a veggie omelet wrap from Java Manjaro (the coffee shop at work). These are actually fairly healthy. Zucchini, green & red peppers, asparagus & onions cooked up with eggs and some fontina cheese and wrapped up in a tortilla (which, I found out, still has a crap-ton of carbs... yikes!). They load in the veggies, too. These are my favorite "fast food" lunch. And I don't even have to drive anywhere! Which is partly why they're so dangerous. >_>

- Snack: 1 green pepper -- henceforth known as "The Interceptor" (the one I had when I was aiming for the other thing)

- Dinner: a bowl (approx 1.5 cups) of leftover sloppy joe meat/sauce. Just ate it out of the bowl with a spoon! Too saucy, but it was enough.

And that's that!! :D I am VERY happy with my eating decisions today (except the cereal at breakfast, but that's a hurdle I'm actively working to overcome!). YAY PEPPERS!!!!

I'd like it but I has no facebooks. *shrug* That's an incredible craft you've honed there.

Nice work on your progress, even if it is difficult to say no to a child with cotton candy who insists on sharing. This is why you shouldn't teach kids to sha- wait... no... I digress.

Saw you lament about a stop to Noodles & Co. I don't think ya should. On my weight loss journey Noodles remained one of my indulgences. Especially a small Indonesian Peanut Saute w/ tofu and a tossed green salad. At 710 calories it still fit well into my daily calorie budget. Could have been less if I went with chicken or shrimp. But I actually like grilled tofu.

My point is don't beat yourself up. This journey is so much more than any single meal.

"By trying to please everyone he had pleased no one, and lost his ass in the bargain." - Aesop 2,500 years ago.
Level 4 Half Ogre Ranger
STR 6|DEX 4|STA 13|CON 11|WIS 5|CHA 8
Zombies, Run! Profile

I'd like it but I has no facebooks. *shrug* That's an incredible craft you've honed there.

Nice work on your progress, even if it is difficult to say no to a child with cotton candy who insists on sharing. This is why you shouldn't teach kids to sha- wait... no... I digress.

Saw you lament about a stop to Noodles & Co. I don't think ya should. On my weight loss journey Noodles remained one of my indulgences. Especially a small Indonesian Peanut Saute w/ tofu and a tossed green salad. At 710 calories it still fit well into my daily calorie budget. Could have been less if I went with chicken or shrimp. But I actually like grilled tofu.

My point is don't beat yourself up. This journey is so much more than any single meal.

No facebooks is okay! And thank you. I really truly enjoy making it. ^_^

This: "This journey is so much more than any single meal." is so true... and yet the opposite can be said in a way, in that each step on this journey is taken one meal at a time.

I think it's most about making the best out of the situation you're in. If you simply can't get to 100% of your goal/ideal, get as darn close to it as possible. Just because you can't get 100% doesn't mean you should just not try at all. I'm saying this more for me than anyone, cause I used to have a defeatist mentality. If I couldn't win, why bother? But the only way TO win is to trudge through. I realize now that it's not about coming in first, it's about getting to the finish line.

Thanks for making me think this morning. :)

Real quick update:

I had eggs & bacon for breakfast this morning. OH YEAH!! :D I feel like a fat, content house-cat right now. Not that I overindulged, but rather that I feel so good and strangely at ease with my food choices this morning that if I could purr I would. Mmmm... so good.

Workout: I didn't work out last night because I was going to be working out today. Well I forgot that I have to work late today, so I won't be taking the kids to soccer practice. Grr. SO! I'm going to purposefully take a walk over lunch break today and get in a bodyweight workout anyway after I get home. Maybe I'll still head to the playground... I don't know... depends on how much the temp drops tonight.

OK!! :)

It was a GREAT day indeed. :D

*giggle-snort* human hoover... that sounds about right... and great motto. I wish I had a garbage disposal at our place. I never felt bad about feeding leftovers to that poor hungry maw. Flick the switch and hear it grumble. :tongue:

Thanks EK! I'll get some pics ASAP!

Yes, real honest to goodness chainmail! :D Pictures to arrive shortly...

Thank you. ^_^ Yeah, Sunday turned out "busy"er than originally anticipated. Explanation to follow.  ... YAY PONIES!!!! :D

<3 y'all!! Thanks for checking in on me and for the encouragement!!

Today was "next time". I do that whole mental thing: "next time I will say no to (list bad food here that I'm about to consume/am consuming)". Well, today was that "next time". Cause I said no. I went into the breakroom, dollar in hand, with my mental eye fixed on the vend-o-tron... and I stopped just short of it as I came to the fridge, pulled out a deliciously cold green pepper and walked away. The nutty bars that were on my mind (that I don't even LIKE anymore... they were one of my go-to things for when I wanted to eat something just for the sensation) stayed in their plastic prison inside the vending machine. HA! I DID IT!! One little victory at a time. And my green pepper was amaze-balls. :tongue: Yup, I just used that word.

Amaze-balls <3 FANTASTIC day...on to read the rest!

Druid Assassin Halfling

:) Druid Ambassador :)

Level 16, Current Quest: Bekah Returns

Spoiler

Your life does not get better by chance. It gets better by change.

- Jim Rohn

there aren't enough awesome gifs in the world, but since my inner poet is alive and well this morning, I'm going to make you a rhyme....hopefully! (will pm you previous poem unless you want to forum stalk milythael)

Weaving her metallic chains

Joy makes tremendous gains,

She knows her worth as a wife and a mom

and for her friends, cheers with rainbow pom poms.

She keeps moving forward, no matter the struggle

Personal, family, or work stress, she juggles.

Green pepper, now known as "The Interceptor"

helps her body not become a garbage collector.

No one could ask for a better role model

She takes the cake, and refuses to gobble.

I hope that someday she will see just how much of an inspiration is she.

<3

Druid Assassin Halfling

Spoiler

- Jim Rohn

there aren't enough awesome gifs in the world, but since my inner poet is alive and well this morning, I'm going to make you a rhyme....hopefully! (will pm you previous poem unless you want to forum stalk milythael)

Weaving her metallic chains

Joy makes tremendous gains,

She knows her worth as a wife and a mom

and for her friends, cheers with rainbow pom poms.

She keeps moving forward, no matter the struggle

Personal, family, or work stress, she juggles.

Green pepper, now known as "The Interceptor"

helps her body not become a garbage collector.

No one could ask for a better role model

She takes the cake, and refuses to gobble.

I hope that someday she will see just how much of an inspiration is she.

<3

!!! *glomps* <3 thank you!

haven't forgotten... just had different priorities. The chain belt is almost done though!!

Chain dance belt progress

Essentially, my food logging has not been the greatest... as well as my mindful eating. This week has been extremely stressful in several heartbreaking ways. Will elaborate further later.

Except this very evening, ALL my food has been consumed around other people. Tonight I had an apple whilst downstairs working on said chainmail. I was the only one in the dining room though. So it's a technicality, but I wasn't hiding anything... so the purpose of the goal was still met.

I did a body weight workout on Tuesday and Thursday evenings, respectively. I don't think I'm pushing myself enough... cause I'm not really sore. LOL! But... yeah, the playground thing during soccer practice isn't happening.

I'll post more details later. Sorry for the long wait in update! And thanks for the encouragements!!!!

Wait, where do you sell your stuff?  The page mentioned Bristol  Do you go to King Richard's Faire in Carver?

I'm not really actively selling my stuff through any reasonable avenue at this point. Basically I'm doing commission work right now.

I'm in Wisconsin, so Bristol is fairly close. I've only been out to MA once, and that was for about 2 minutes before turning around (when we realized we went the wrong way -- I was visiting a friend and we were driving around some beautiful park-lookin' place in CT), but I'd love to get out there some time. The Ren faire in PA sounds like a blast too; it's also on my to-do list. :)

The belt is for my sister, so although she's not officially "paying" me, she bought the materials and I'm just putting 'em together. :) Next on the list are some wallet chains for a local biker club (*giggle* go figure?!) and then it's working on getting some inventory of fun stuff to start selling through a local trade-show group. I had an Etsy store, but found I don't have enough of a customer/inventory base to really make it worth it, yet. SO! I appease myself by just posting pics on my FB page. And if I get the stray person who msgs me and says they want something, then cool! :D

OKAY!! So I finally have some "me" time to get things updated and really dig into the "why"s of this past week.

I recently found out my sister is getting a divorce. This is a big deal because me 'n her were raised that unless a.) someone's cheating or b.) someone's being physically abusive, it really is "till death do us part". Well, none of those circumstances fit her situation, so I'm struggling with being a supportive sister and trying to figure out what happened and why and if/how I can avoid the same thing happening to me in my marriage. I'm a little terrified, and although my hubby and I have talked about their situation and our situation and the events that have happened in our marriage, it still frightens me that my sister and her husband have mutually agreed that they've grown apart and don't want to stay married. wow.

Then she dropped the bomb on me that she is going to be moving with her 3 kids to Arizona (her soon-to-be-ex doesn't want the kids... not even for the weekend! Another thing that just boggles my mind). In November. !!! Hit me like a truck. And through the mask of "hey, that'll be cool, fresh start and all" my heart has been just breaking into a thousand shards. Currently they live 2 hours away. I have been known to go out and spend weekends at her house, helping her clean, letting our kids play together in her back yard, going fabric shopping (she's a seamstress), that kind of thing. She's my best friend (now that we're adults). [i did find out today (Sunday) that they're not moving now till February/March area (after they get their taxes refund), which is a relief for me because that will give me some time to process all this.]

So yeah, that's the emotional side of this past week. It's been a whirlwind of feelings I've never had to deal with before, and I slid back into my old habits hardcore. Working out what a chore and most of the time I didn't care what I ate.

The insanely awesome hike on Saturday (where I got to meet fellow Nerds FalseAesop and TheMightyMinotaur and went on a 6.5mi trek around beautiful Devil's Lake) helped clear my head of a lot of things. I also was able to spend 5 hours with my sister today (Sunday) and we went on a 2mi hike around a park near her house to chat and laugh and contemplate together. I've been telling myself that I don't have to understand everything that happens in life... it's just hard to swallow is all.

-----------------------------------------------------------

OK! So... on to a new week!

- I'm deliciously sore from both hikes (the 2mi was brutal today on my already sore feet and legs, but I think it actually helped) and really looking forward to getting into some body weight workouts this week.

- I aced the no-coffee goal this last week and plan on keeping that streak going. :)

- I WILL be mindful of what I put in my mouth and write it all down. And report it here. And avoid secret-eating. 

- The bra and belt and DONE and have both been fitted and delivered to their new owner (she LOVES them! I'll get pics at her belly dance performance on Oct 12th, so y'all are just going to have to wait! ;)) so it's on to finish another project! 

Onward and Upward!

*hugs* Im sorry for your recent news. It can be hard on everyone in the family! I'm glad you found out it's not so soon as November at least! These kinds of weeks are really hard to keep our minds focused, but you did the best you could and then pulled out some amazing hikes and get togethers over the weekend, that counts for a big WIN!! :)

One day at a time, and the belt and bra look amazing and I cant wait for pics :) :) :)

Druid Assassin Halfling

Spoiler

- Jim Rohn

*hugs* Im sorry for your recent news. It can be hard on everyone in the family! I'm glad you found out it's not so soon as November at least! These kinds of weeks are really hard to keep our minds focused, but you did the best you could and then pulled out some amazing hikes and get togethers over the weekend, that counts for a big WIN!! :)

One day at a time, and the belt and bra look amazing and I cant wait for pics :) :) :)

I'm so sorry, that is a crazy bunch of things to have to process all of the sudden. *hugs* but the finished pieces look amazing! You're a great sister and I'm sure she appreciates how supportive you're being.

Thanks! I just have to keep reminding myself that there's nothing I can DO except be there for a listening ear, a shoulder to cry on and arms for a hug or three. I can't fix this; it's not my situation to fix. I just get a ring-side seat to watch it unfold.

New week - new day! It's beautiful outside, so that has helped lift my spirits.

Haven't eaten/drank anything yet (except some water), so there's nothing to report on that front.

My calves and feet are still a little angsty at me, but that's ok... I'm still going to work 'em again tonight after work. :)

I leave you this morning with a quote:

“Isn't it nice to think that tomorrow is a new day with no mistakes in it yet?â€

― L.M. Montgomery (Anne of Green Gables)

Important Information

New here? Please check out our Privacy Policy and Community Guidelines