There's Always Room For "NO" (pt 2) [metal_weaver]

metal_weaver

I like your silly motivational poem and I hope that you really own these next two weeks

Aww, thanks Jess!!

+1 do eeett

I'm on it! <bro-fist>

So glad you survived falling off the face of the earth :)  It would be lonely here without you!

Maybe instead of thinking of it as 2 weeks to redeem your goals, think of it as a whole new 2 week challenge in which you haven't made any mistakes yet.  That way you can start with the momentum of a strong beginning rather than feeling like you're behind.

You've got this.

Aww, thanks Hira! The edge of the face of the world is pretty dismal; I'm glad I'm back.

I like that mentality, too. And with mentally "writing off" last week, I kind of already did that. So it works. :) Thanks *hug*

Love this!

^_^

Monday & Tuesday's food is logged, and it's not the prettiest list, but again trying to get into the conscious "this is what I'm eating". I've decided since I hated sharing on here every thing I ate (simply because a lot of the time I was ashamed of it) that I would simply keep the journal offline. For now. What and why I eat is still a very emotional thing and I've really been smacked in the face hard with the fact that I am addicted to (bad) "food". It's not like they have Foodaholics Anonymous... and it's not like you can "quit cold turkey". So yeah.

No bodyweight workouts yet this week. And my heart isn't in the bodyweight stuff. I want to lift. So tomorrow night I'm going to sneak away after putting the kids to bed after AWANAs. Not going tonight. I need to figure out finances tonight. Gotta stop putting that off. It needs to happen NOW. 

I've failed twice at the coffee drink abstinence. Went out to coffee last week w/ the hubby and had a peppermint mocha coffee at one of the rate meetings that I'm required to attend @ work. So 2 drinks. Not the worst, but I could have said no, and I didn't. Lifting my chin and going to keep plugging away. The mountain is still sitting there waiting for be conquered.

I haven't done much on my chainmail goal, although I've been doing chainmail stuff. So at least it's progress, even if not towards the specific things I set out to do 4 weeks ago. :P Always the work in progress.

So yeah! That's where I'm at. Tomorrow's on it's way! Are you ready?

The thing to remember is that now the past is the past.  No amount of time or energy will change it.  You have today to make the changes for tomorrow.  A coffee here and there isn't a killer, a slip up anywhere isn't a killer, that's why it's a SLIP up.  When it's a GIVE up, then that's a problem.

The good thing is that you are owning up to what you've been doing and setting the record straight.  <hugs> We didn't make you do this, you're choosing to do it and I'm proud of you for being open and honest with us (and yourself).

It's going to be okay and I know you're going to step it up, Sis.  Just take the next step in the right direction, remember, there is that "sorry I got caught" feeling which goes away and only leads to destruction because you don't change your ways and then there's the "sorry, I'm doing wrong" which leads to life, because you truly want the change and that's the key.

Now, get back out there and lets rock this week!

Current Challenge: BlamedCat's Rebirth: From Porkins to Poe     Tracking via spreadsheet

"Be very careful, then, how you live - not as unwise but as wise, making the most of every opportunity, because the days are evil." (Ephesians 5:15&16)

You have a realyl fantastic attaitude and ypu're going to rock these two weeks. Don't feel bad about the coffee, you're a really strong person to have kicked so much of it out of your life!

thanks, Jess. :) And yeah... caffeine is a legal drug. It alters how your body runs (omgmanicbbqhampstersinmysteriouscrazysauceofdoom) and is addicting. I'm happy that I've cut back as much as I have and am committed to keeping it cut down to a minimum. I think I've changed my thinking on it a little bit, too. I was thinking about it this morning on my way to work and the thought struck me that I should liken it to drinking alcohol. Every once in a while is okay, as long as it doesn't become a habit and I don't rely on it to feel a certain way. Just as I drink alcohol maybe once a month (if even that), I should limit my coffee drink intake to such as well.

Any insight on that mentality? I literally just thought of it this morning as I was driving down the interstate.

The thing to remember is that now the past is the past.  No amount of time or energy will change it.  You have today to make the changes for tomorrow.  A coffee here and there isn't a killer, a slip up anywhere isn't a killer, that's why it's a SLIP up.  When it's a GIVE up, then that's a problem.

The good thing is that you are owning up to what you've been doing and setting the record straight.  <hugs> We didn't make you do this, you're choosing to do it and I'm proud of you for being open and honest with us (and yourself).

It's going to be okay and I know you're going to step it up, Sis.  Just take the next step in the right direction, remember, there is that "sorry I got caught" feeling which goes away and only leads to destruction because you don't change your ways and then there's the "sorry, I'm doing wrong" which leads to life, because you truly want the change and that's the key.

Now, get back out there and lets rock this week!

1) agreed. Good perspective. Thanks for sharing it. :)

2) <hugs!> Yeah, the realization wasn't easy... and admitting it publicly was even harder.

3) "sorry" vs "I apologize"  -- the difference between true heart-changing repentance and lipservice. Point taken to heart. Again, thanks for the perspective and reminder.

4) *salute* sir yes sir! :D

Wednesday update:

For the last 3 weeks or so, I've been chewing gum when I get the urge to eat when others aren't around and when I know I'm not really hungry. It's been working pretty good so far. I understand the mechanics of the chewing action, saliva production and hunger triggers, but it doesn't seem to affect me like that (read: making me hungry/hungrier). I usually don't feel particularily hungry when I chew my gum; it seems I just want something to do with my mouth. It's really helped me keep a leash on eating at work and mindless snacking at home.  Just thought I'd share that. ^_^

Food tracked.

Coffee avoided.

Workout skipped. :(

- I tweaked my lower back getting out of the car on my way home from work. Sitting is uncomfortable, but I've got my coat rolled up behind my lumbar today at work here and it seems to be helping. It feels like the sciatic pain I had during pregnancy; pain shooting down in lances from my lower back to my hip. Not fun. I'm ticked. REAL ticked. I was really looking forward to my date with the squat rack. Instead I got a date with the hubby (which isn't necessarily bad, but I didn't want to have to make the trade-off). We advanced our TMNT/Rifts campaign while I was laying in bed w/ a heating pad. Grr. <rant> OK, fine, more than grr. I finally admit to myself that I love and want to lift again and determine to do it again and I hurt myself. By getting out of the car. I get out of the car at least 4 times a day, on average. What gives?! Seriously... this is frustrating. </rant>

Plan for today:

1) be nice to my back so it'll stop hurting and I can get back to the gym :D

2) eat my veggie omelet wrap for lunch

3) dodge the pancakes at home for dinner (fortunately I know that's on the menu so I can formulate a plan in advance!).

4) take my pliers and rings to soccer practice tonight and work on getting more done on the vest pieces

I've never thought of caffeine like that but I love it. It is very true, thinking of it like alcohol will probably help a lot!

Take care of that back! But you seem to be doing well and have a good plan in place for today. Congrats

Cool! Glad it makes sense to at least one other person. LOL! I can come up with some crazy ideas sometimes... was hoping I wasn't out in left field on this one. ;)

Thanks for the encouragement!! You've been a phenomenal cheerleader for me this challenge and I value you SO MUCH! *e-hugs*

Cool! Glad it makes sense to at least one other person. LOL! I can come up with some crazy ideas sometimes... was hoping I wasn't out in left field on this one. ;)

Thanks for the encouragement!! You've been a phenomenal cheerleader for me this challenge and I value you SO MUCH! *e-hugs*

Super glad that I could help! *\o/* <--- pompoms! It totally makes sense, and yeah, I have ideas that sound brilliant to me and then people just stare at me and I'm like "welp, alright then, nevermind" but that is really logical. You rock! Own today dearie

Warrior, Ravenclaw, book lover, history nerd, Red Sonja wannabe

Current Challenge

Battle Log

What is it with week 3? Or in my case week 3 & 4! I'm glad you were able to be honest and open, that all by itself is huge :)

LOVE that poem :) :)

I'm the same way with the gum, it's never made me hungry either, but it aggravates the crap outta my TMJ so I rarely chew it!

I love the idea of thinking of coffee like alcohol, it makes it seem scarier (to me) so I'd be less likely to indulge, and it would become a treat!

I'm glad you are back and sorry I was MIA too, but thankfully Jess and BC and Hira are here to pick up my (considerably large) slack <3

Druid Assassin Halfling

:) Druid Ambassador :)

Level 16, Current Quest: Bekah Returns

Spoiler

Your life does not get better by chance. It gets better by change.

- Jim Rohn

I'm glad you are back and sorry I was MIA too, but thankfully Jess and BC and Hira are here to pick up my (considerably large) slack <3

<hugs> I haven't been the greatest at riding herd on her either, but combined, we've done a stand-up job.  Glad to have you back, Bekah!

Current Challenge: BlamedCat's Rebirth: From Porkins to Poe     Tracking via spreadsheet

"Be very careful, then, how you live - not as unwise but as wise, making the most of every opportunity, because the days are evil." (Ephesians 5:15&16)

I was going to write "rough finish", but that's giving myself too much credit. I didn't finish this one. :/

Moving on.

I changed my notification preferences. I wasn't getting any e-mails on anything, so NF wasn't top of mind (which translates into "fitness & good eating decisions weren't top of mind" either). Changed that. Now I'll get spammed. :) YAY!!

I'm going to join the Warriors for this next challenge. And I'm going to finish it. And I'm going to level up if I do. WHEN I do. Because I need to get back in the game or I'll get left behind. WAY behind in places that I don't want to be.

I haven't gotten mad in a while. So I'm going to get mad now. Mad at myself, mainly, for the bad decisions that I've made, knowing how the bad choices affect me and yet still reveling in them like the addict I am. It's all God's fault that I haven't started drugs & alcohol. Thank you, God, for saving me from that.

Now I need to face my very real and dangerous addiction: gluttony.

I will take this week to gather my game plan and make my way over to the Warriors camp. Time to get serious again. I've let myself down. Time to pick the pieces back up.

That's my girl!!!! I was going to hunt you down if you didn't show for my Nerdiversary/Birthday Party this challenge!!!

You are loved, don't be afraid to ask for help when you need it either mmmmk? I have been there and really helping you will help me too <3

Druid Assassin Halfling

:) Druid Ambassador :)

Level 16, Current Quest: Bekah Returns

Spoiler

Your life does not get better by chance. It gets better by change.

- Jim Rohn

That's my girl!!!! I was going to hunt you down if you didn't show for my Nerdiversary/Birthday Party this challenge!!!

You are loved, don't be afraid to ask for help when you need it either mmmmk? I have been there and really helping you will help me too <3

*hugs*  I promise that I will chase the fear of asking for help all the way to the person I'm going to be asking... and then I will pass through it and win. :)

Important Information

New here? Please check out our Privacy Policy and Community Guidelines