Returning Rebel!

Hello!

Long-time NF blog fan. I signed up to the forums over a year ago to partake in a 6-week challenge, started posting, then…. Stopped. Or at least I stopped posting anyway. I don’t know, I just didn't commit to updating my challenge thread! How weak!!! Having said that, for the record – I did complete 2 of my challenges. Namely, I ran 5k (I don't run anymore though) and I didn’t drink alcohol in the 6 weeks aside from designated cheat days (This stuck with me, I drink much less than I used to now. No more post-stressful-workday or with-dinner beers). I don't recall how the rest of my challenges went; I likely failed them. That’ll teach me for not updating my challenge thread.

Anyway. I’m back now to give being a forum user another shot (minus the current challenge - perhaps next time!) Why? Because aside from my fiancé, I don't have many friends that I can ramble about health and gym to. Also, more inspiration is good!

Sooo a bit about me:

I used to train BJJ. Hence my display name. It helped me lose a chunk of weight I had gained. Buuut I actually stopped training about 12 months ago. Fail. So I bobbed around doing nothing for 4 months or so and thankfully didn’t gain back any weight. I then started yoga. Then I started pole dance. Realising I needed moar strength to climb that damn pole, I took up strength training.

Seeing results has helped me stay motivated… and damn, just be excited about it. I’m feeling great. I want to get stronger. Most importantly - I want to interact with more people who are working on levelling up themselves.

So to cut it short:

Current routine: Weights (Mon, Sat), pole dance (Thurs), yoga (Wed). I keep a written diary of my gym work and I really ought to start logging my pole and yoga.

Current diet: Lacto-ovo vegetarian. About 2 months ago I cut back significantly on pasta, rice and bread and I believe this has helped a lot. I also enjoy experimenting with paleo vegetarian meals.

Current goals: Overcome my emotional and PMS eating habits. Say no to the chocolate in the work fridge. Increase my hip mobility. Do a pullup!!!

Other: Almost 26. 3 cats. Live in Adelaide, AU. I work as a vet nurse, and am seeing the light at the end of the tunnel that is a BSc. Current addictions are Fallout New Vegas and Breaking Bad. I won’t disclose how quickly I burnt through BB to catch up ;)