Mission: Lose Weight

Goals:

1. Stand more, Sit Less

2. Exercise 3 times a week

3. Do elbow rehab exercises every day

Life Goal: Finish costume for SteamCon and Halloween

Details on Goals:

1. Stand more, Sit Less

I have a convertible standing workstation at work. So I can move it up or down, but I should be up more often. So my goal is to spend half the day standing at my desk. With today as a guide, I think I need to get one of those anti-fatigue mats though.

2. Exercise 3 times a week

Things go better if I exercise, but I have been a bit worn out. So I need to fix that and get back to exercising after the break from the last challenge.

3. Do elbow rehab exercises every day

My elbow is getting better, but I need to keep doing the rehab exercises to make sure it continues to get stronger.

Life Goal: Finish costume. Fairly self explanatory. I have pieces, but it is not completed and I tend to get interested in other half finished projects instead of finishing ones closer to being done.

1. Stand more, Sit Less: This week I am off work, so it is hard to measure this one this week.

2. Exercise 3 times a week: I have worked two days building raised garden beds for next spring.

3. Do elbow rehab exercises every day: I have missed one day so far, but otherwise things are going well.

L. Finish costume: Most of the pieces are together, it is just the accessories that are in progress.

Yikes, and I was trying to do better at posting regularly. 

1. For the Standing goal, the week is starting out good.

2. As for exercise, I tweaked my back a tad, so this week is headed towards twice a week exercising.

3. For the elbow exercises, I am continuing to do well on this. My arm is now good for daily use, I just need to start the adding of light weights to strengthen the elbow, probably next week.

1. Stand more, Sit Less: This has gone ok, but not great this week.

2. Exercise 3 times a week: I have worked out two days so far and will get a third in.

3. Elbow rehab exercises every day: I have only missed a day this week, and I have started adding a small amount of weight.

L. Finish costume: I have almost all accessories in place, and the remaining peices ordered.

1. Stand more, Sit Less: I ended up standing for most of two days and my feet and back got sore. So backed off the next week. This week is vacation so standing at work is not really applicable.
2. Exercise 3 times a week: Last week I worked out 3 times and this week I have 2 already. The hotel has a good fitness center so I will be getting that third one in tomorrow.
3. Elbow rehab exercises every day: These have been going well, so I did do a couple of slow breast stroke laps and we will see how that goes.

L. Finish costume: Done, and it is ready for SteamCon today.

End of Challenge Report

1. Stand more, Sit Less: B+

I did well most days, but I need to get an anti- fatigue mat to really make a difference in the amount of time I spend standing.

2. Exercise 3 times a week: B+

I did a good job on this one.

3. Elbow rehab exercises every day: B

I wish things we're going faster on this rehab of my elbow. I missed more days than I would like.

L. Finish costume:

Done and done. Though I still need to get my son's costume ready and change one thing for Halloween.

Important Information

New here? Please check out our Privacy Policy and Community Guidelines