FreddyMcFred Rereads the Prophecy to Make Sure

FreddyMcFred

My most recent challenge, if I'm being perfectly honest, went much worse than I expected it to. I got lazy, and I screwed up. This time I'm going to fight as hard as I can against the laziness that's dominated my life until now. In accordance with the prophecy, this time I'll get it right. Let's get right to it.

Goal 1: Simple, just exercise three times per week as a minimum. These have to be workouts where I seriously work some part of my body to the limit so that I'm actually gaining something from it. If I do more than three any extras are allowed to be more leisurely but of course working harder is preferred. Potential stat gains: Variable, depending on what I focus on. I'll put 5 points on the table for this goal to be divvied up.

Goal 2: Eat at least three proper dinners every week. Sandwiches don't count unless they include at least one ingredient I cooked myself (eggs don't count). The dinner has to have a decent source of protein and at least one green vegetable. Con: 3.

Goal 3: Do some sort of either climbing or work out with real weights once per week. Str 2 Dex 1 Sta 1

Goal 4: This goal will once again be to declutter my life since I didn't actually do it at all last time. Weeks one and two require an hour each, the following four weeks each require two hours.Wis: 3.

• Like 1

Half-Giant Assassin Level 9

Current Challenge: Move

Past Challenges: First Challenge, Read the Prophecy, Follow the Prophecy, Get Serious Again, Upside Down, Running, Build a Bridge, Make it Fun,

"I have not failed 10,000 times; I have successfully found 10,000 ways that don't work." - Thomas Edison

"I don't want to do it, therefore I must!" - Me

"If we win because we are a winner then when we lose it must make us a loser." - Josh Waitzkin

So looking forward to Camp Nerd Fitness, really hope I'll get to meet some fellow assassin there. Might have to be top secret though.

So far this week I had one good meal on Tuesday, beef and veggie stir fry with broccoli and other veggies. Today was the first exercise though not as good as I wanted it to be; ran 6.21km in 33:54, 11km/h average, average pace of 5:27/km. Tomorrow will be awesome.

Past Challenges: First Challenge, Read the Prophecy, Follow the Prophecy, Get Serious Again, Upside Down, Running, Build a Bridge, Make it Fun,

"I have not failed 10,000 times; I have successfully found 10,000 ways that don't work." - Thomas Edison

"If we win because we are a winner then when we lose it must make us a loser." - Josh Waitzkin

So looking forward to Camp Nerd Fitness, really hope I'll get to meet some fellow assassin there. Might have to be top secret though.

Liking the goals: simple and attainable.  Good luck on this challenge!

Thanks, I like them too. I've hard enough difficulty keeping up with my goals in the last two so I wanted to make it something so simple there wouldn't be a reasonable excuse for not doing it.

In accordance with the prophecy, Friday night was awesome. Dinner was sushi which did actually include some protein and green vegetables. Admittedly, I should be aiming for more per meal so I'll make it up tonight, I'm gonna make something good with loads of veggies. I also went to indoor rock-climbing again and it was awesome. I can see very real progress to confirm that I am getting stronger and more skilled at climbing.

Indoor rock climbing is definitely nice! I will have to put you in my "climber" list. We are quite a few already! I'm mostly doing bouldering and indoor only, I'm ot feeling strong enough to do some bouldering outside despite living "near" the famous Fontainebleau spot. Outdoor climbers seems to be much more courageous than me ^^'

Good luck with your goals! 

Nuala, level 13 Robot mistress of pain, Assassin Guild leader

First journey: The Rise and fall of an Assassin

#1, #2, #3, #4, #5, #6, #7, #8, #9, #10, #11, #12, #13

Second journey: Crawling back

Indoor rock climbing is definitely nice! I will have to put you in my "climber" list. We are quite a few already! I'm mostly doing bouldering and indoor only, I'm ot feeling strong enough to do some bouldering outside despite living "near" the famous Fontainebleau spot. Outdoor climbers seems to be much more courageous than me ^^'

Good luck with your goals! 

Thanks chief! I'm going to be incorporating a lot more climbing in this challenge and I'm going for my belay ticket this weekend so that I'll have a lot more opportunity to climb. I'll be trying out bouldering too once I have more confidence in my grip.

This is a bit late, but I'll now be reporting on the end of the first week and the first week as a whole in accordance with the prophecy. Saturday afternoon I practised my PK rolls until my hip hurt too much (they obviously still need some work, I didn't last long this time) and also practised phase 1 of training to run up a wall which was simply jumping at and then jumping off of a wall. Dinner was beef and vegetable stir-fry. Following dinner I did my 1 hour of decluttering.

On Sunday I practised some weapon disarm techniques with my brother which worked up a decent sweat and resulted in lots of soreness, then we made a Fajita Frittata. It was delicious.

Overall I managed to hit all my goals for week 1 and even exceeded some by a little bit.

Onto week 2, I ate properly last night and tonight, the leftovers from Saturday and Sunday respectively. I haven't progressed towards any other goal at all yet though because I got myself a little sick (I get sick absurdly often, I still need to fix that) so I've been saving my energy to try to recover fast (I'm also an absurdly slow healer). Now I'm gonna go to bed in hopes I'm healthy tomorrow.

In accordance with the prophecy I worked out today though still a bit sick so I didn't have the energy to do a full BWC.

8x2 and 5/3 pullups/negative pullups.

I haven't done pullups in a while but I still set a personal best, I guess the climbing helped too. Actually holy smokes, I just beat my chinup record with pullups! Nice.

After that I played around with the pullup bar trying out different hand positions and hanging from only fingers. I also used my grip strength trainers for a while. The rest of this energy must be conserved for recovering from illness.

Last night I had a good dinner, it was like scrambled eggs but more solid and had a ton of veggies in it.
In accordance with the prophecy I had some fun tonight. Started off with practising the PK rolls, didn't count them, just rolled till I was too sore to roll more.

8x2 5/3 3/5 chinups/negative chinups with an extra 10lbs of weight on me. These were intense.

I did 20 shallow dips and 20 more with an extra 10lbs on me. I need something better for doing dips with.

20 15/5 15/5 pushups/knee pushups. Pushups are still my enemy, I need to fight them more often so it gets easier...

40x3 squeezes of my grip strength trainer things.

Dinner had green and protein, but it was also super lazy so I'm not counting it. Tomorrow I'm taking a belay course so that I can help other people climb rocks which will subsequently lead to me climbing more. Yay!

Yay for more climbing! And yes, climbing really helps for pullups, chinups and dead hangs. It apparently also help for deadlift because of all the work on your grip. :)

IMO, pushups never go easiers :D My own PR was 42 standard pushups and maybe 20 something diamond pushups and still had to fight for every single one of them. I stopped training for them a while ago and if I can still do them, I rarely go over 10 now. Endurance is a hard thing to train and I'm not patient enough.

Yesterday had a bit of exercise but nothing serious, more about learning. Today will be some serious exercise. Last night I made a Jambalaya with my brother but we used brown rice instead of caulirice and we added in some spinach and green onion to get some green into it. Looks like I'll be able to hit 5/3 for eating properly this week as long as I eat right tonight, and worst case scenario is last night's leftovers so it's basically a sure thing. Today's exercise will be climbing followed by whatever else I feel like doing in case any of my muscles get the crazy idea that they should still be functional.

Looking at your training, I have to admit that I'm not convinced by knee pushups. I have seen way too many people stuck at this variation that could never upgrade to standard pushups that I doubt of its usefulness... Wouldn't incline/decline pushups works better for you?

Looking at your training, I have to admit that I'm not convinced by knee pushups. I have seen way too many people stuck at this variation that could never upgrade to standard pushups that I doubt of its usefulness... Wouldn't incline/decline pushups works better for you?

I feel like you might have misunderstood. When I say 15/5 pushups/knee pushups, I mean I did 15 standard pushups and then didn't feel like I could manage another full one so I switched to my knees and did 5 knee pushups just to make sure I was really working my arms until I couldn't do any more. Does that sound a bit better? Also, the 20 part was 20 standard push ups.

Yesterday I went climbing with my brother and roommate at an indoor gym for about 3 hours, had a blast and worked real hard. I finished my first 5.10 though it took quite a while and at least a couple breaks part way up. I had a good dinner last night too. Then I realized as I was going to bed that I completely neglected to do my 1 hour of decluttering for the week. I'm going to make it up today by doing 2 hours instead and then still doing the prescribed hours for this week when the time comes.

Overall for week 2 I hit goal 1, exceeded goal 2, hit goal 3 and completely failed goal 4 but I'll forgive that if I make it up double tonight and stay on top of it for the rest of the challenge.

Today went very well, it was a rest day from exercising, so I made myself some decent dinner and in accordance with the prophecy, I spent 2 solid hours decluttering to make up for skipping my 1 hour last week. Now I'll call last week a total success. Tomorrow's a climbing day.

Went climbing again today, still lots of fun, still awesome, and I'm getting better! Completed my second ever 5.10! It was brutally hard and took probably 5-10 minutes for that one climb but so worth it!

Also had good dinner, leftover jambalaya.

In accordance with the prophecy I went for a run tonight, did some interval training. Total distance was 3.58km, total time was 20:54.

Spent about 20 minutes practicing PK rolls.

20 20(5lbs extra) 20 20(10lbs extra) Pistol squats. I need more weights. I want to go to a gym and use a squat rack but I don't know how to find someone to spot for me...

51 41 27 seconds of hollow body hold. My body doesn't feel hollow, only pain.

I'll call tonight a solid workout. Ate a good dinner after my workout. Today was good.

Thanks timelovesahero, I found my resolve and decided to stop half-assing it.

In accordance with the prophecy, today I went climbing again and I also had a good dinner, the last of my previous leftovers. I've actually already hit all my goals this week except the 2 hours of decluttering, and I have 3 days to work that out.

In accordance with the prophecy, yesterday was a good dinner. Today I did some more climbing for exercise.

In accordance with the prophecy, I made myself a decent dinner last night too. I haven't done any decluttering yet though so I've got two hours to take care of today. I'm gonna fix this bad habit of procrastination next week.

Today I exercised casually for about an hour with a short bike ride, some PK rolls, practice balancing on a fence, experiments with pull ups and dips but not a lot. I had a good dinner and did my 2 hours of decluttering.

Although I put off the decluttering until today, this week was otherwise incredibly good. For working out I did 4 really good ones, 3 of which were climbing and 1 other kinda lazy casual workout. I ate a good dinner that I cooked for myself with some protein and green vegetables in it 7 days this week and I did the prescribed 2 hours of decluttering.

My only very minor regret is not spending more time running from those dang raptors, so I'll just hope they couldn't catch me where I climbed up to.

Today was unexciting. Ate a decent dinner in accordance with the prophecy, nothing else to report. Tomorrow is climbing.

In accordance with the prophecy I went climbing again today. There are 4 different 5.10 courses at the gym I go to that I have successfully completed and there are 2 I've tried that totally kicked my butt. I've yet to beat one without a break or a fall though, so I guess that should be my next goal. I also ate decent today.

Important Information

New here? Please check out our Privacy Policy and Community Guidelines