Kilana is eager for - but coughs and sniffles in to - her second challenge

Kilana

I missed the last challenge, but did the one before that. A summertime challenge with four young children would have been almost impossible for me, LOL! Too challenging :)

We've had a good cold go through our house, and It's just me and Mister M (he's 2 year old) that are still sick. But I'm on the mend and ready for another challenge.

So. For this challenge:

MAIN QUEST

My main quest is to be stronger and more flexible. In my last challenge, I wanted to be able to do 5 chin-ups - I got up to 2. So I'm aiming for 5 again! I'd also like to be able to do a good handstand. Therefore ...

Specific goals

• do 5 chin-ups in a row (do Angry Birds workout or own circuits)

• stretch EVERY morning and most evening (I have a great stretching routine)

• walk every day M-F and jog at least twice a week

I can't really add a food goal since I have to be off wheat, dairy, eggs, almonds and cranberries. Those are hype biggies for food sensitivities. I'll bake a few yummy things for me, but I don't eat much junk food and I don't really drink pop. So dull, I know, LOL! But since I feel awful for days after wheat or dairy, that's enough of a deterrent. Trust me.

LIFE SIDE QUEST

Be more patient with my kids. I have a 9 year old girl, 7 year old boy, 5 year old boy and a 2 year old boy. And a husband ;) My toddler is a challenge, more than the others were at his age. So by the time the other three get home from school, my patience is thin. I don't like that. I'll have to think of how to define this, or what the consequence is for me when I, er, get loud.

MOTIVATION DECLARATION

I want to enjoy my life and my family, and feel proud of myself for what I can physically do.

I'll add some more specifics soon, and grading scale (are we doing that this time?). It's time for my littlest and me to get moving and get stuff done :)

Kilana, Elven Assassin

STR +3.8 | DEX +2 | STA +3.3CON +6.6 | WIS +5.5 | CHA +6.5
1st challenge, started June 3rd, 2013
2nd challenge, started September 19, 2013

3rd challenge, started June 10th, 2014

Grading scale is up to you.  I usually just go week by week and give a pass or fail.  I've noticed that with going paleo, when I would have dairy or wheat again (cream cheese smothered cheddar cheese bagels...mmmm) it would sit in my stomach like I ate cement and I would feel gross.  As much as I love that stuff, I always regret it later. Good luck with the chin-ups.

Important Information

New here? Please check out our Privacy Policy and Community Guidelines