The Beginning Of The End ...

... of my failed attempts at getting healthy. Hey everyone! I'm Megan, I'm mid-western, and I'm a bit of a ... well ... I'm not sure what exactly to call myself. I love books, I love music, and I love beating my husband at Tetris. I'm often found carrying around my DSXL and playing Animal Crossing. (Otaku citizenship FTW!) If I'm not hanging out at home, I'm usually at school, studying ASL. I unwind most nights with some anime, intertronz browsing, Pinteresting, or doing my homework. 

My story about how my body got to be in the shape it is today is a little complicated. Suffice to say, I've actually been battling my weight since I left basic training, which was seven years ago. I've been up and down, and all around. I've finally reached my point of breaking at 189 pounds. I have stretch marks, that are not only embarrassing, but painful. After getting fed up enough to make some changes, I found Nerd Fitness through a Google search, Tuesday night, and haven't looked back. 

I decided to start all of this in the fall, since for whatever odd reason, the fall feels like a time of transformation. I get most excited and even eager at the thought of working out, and sometimes even make it the gym! But through NF, I am slowly realizing that most of what I have been doing in the past is wrong, and now I am on a mission to make it right. 

My reasoning for all of this? Two-fold. Of course I am doing this because I want a total life change. I am really ready, and have the time, to put towards making my body the best it can be. I'm starting off at a -turtle-moseying-through-almond-butter pace, but I'm still doing it. I'm making some positive steps towards my ultimate goal. By my first wedding anniversary (July 2014), I want to be able to run in just a sports bra and shorts, and not induce vomiting in strangers that pass by. 

I've put a lot of time into caring for other people, and putting their needs before mine. I am now being selfish, and giving myself what I have always wanted, a healthy mind, body, and spirit. Thanks for reading all that! I'm happy to be here, and I hope to make some friends!

Hope is the thing with feathers -
That perches in the soul -
And sings the tune without the words -
And never stops - at all.
- Emily Dickinson

I think hell is something that you carry around with you. Not someplace you go.
- Neil Gaiman

I seriously snorted @ "and not induce vomiting in strangers"  

Great to hear that you've realized how important your needs are and you've decided to start taking care of yourself again.

Welcome and good luck!

Level 1  Wild Elf Druid
Introduction, Battle Log

Challenge #1,  Challenge #2,  

"Remember to always be yourself. Unless you suck." ~ Joss Whedon

"Only those who risk going too far, find out how far they can go." ~ Walter Bishop