• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Obitim

Ranger Monks?

Hi there,

I'm not sure which guild to join as I've got a few different things that I'm a fan of:

I enjoy weight lifting and body weight exercises but don't want to be too big or get tired too easily

I enjoy running but want to be strong enough to throw a decent punch or kick or wrestle if required!

I enjoy martial arts and hold a blackbelt in Jujitsu which I want to start again in November of this year and get back into that.

I initially thought the monks guild, but then the rangers also appeals to me, anyone got any suggestions?

Cheers!

Welcome!

There are a few of us around.  I lift 4x week and do Muay Thai 3x week.  There are a couple of others who do some strength training and martial arts. 

You'll be at home and welcome in any guild.

Welcome!

There are a few of us around.  I lift 4x week and do Muay Thai 3x week.  There are a couple of others who do some strength training and martial arts. 

You'll be at home and welcome in any guild.

+1

Honestly, you'll find there's a lot of carryover in our disciplines, when it really comes down to it. I usually ask people what they're training for - if they do all these different things out of simple joy, or if they're ultimately meant to help you become a better martial artist. If you do it for joy, go Ranger. If you do it for jiu jutsu, go Monk. Or, if there's a third way you feel, then do both! Both guilds are pretty welcoming, and there's no sense in constraining your physical joy.

I like the idea of not constraining physical joy!

Yeah, thanks very much, I'm currently training without a lot of JJ so I think I'll go ranger for now and join the monks as well once I get into the JJ again.

I'm doing the training to assist with my hobby as a volunteer police officer so it's a bit of both, the joy of martial arts and the satisfaction of getting stronger and fitter!

i think there is nothing wrong with picking a guild that appeals to your tastes i am a multi discipline athlete that trains in BJJ on the side i consider myself a ranger because i spend more time on multi discipline training then i do on my martial arts.   At the end of the day whatever guild appeals to you the most go for it.

Good point reservist!

I'm thinking Ranger as the JJ will be used to supplement training, not be the basis...generally because I tend to use the technical stuff as special constable but I also need to be able to run after the odd miscreat too!

Good point reservist!

I'm thinking Ranger as the JJ will be used to supplement training, not be the basis...generally because I tend to use the technical stuff as special constable but I also need to be able to run after the odd miscreat too!

Catching the occasional miscreant that is awesome brother i do enjoy the occasional pursuit as well ie zombie run 5Ks