Gimeniux - Save the Cheerleader Save the World

Main Quest: Lose the belly pouch

I was thinking how to resume what my main goal is. I want to have a body i'm proud of, so when i look at it i can feel empowered, and it will be the first step to level up my life. It's been long since the last time i felt i could achieve something in life. Lately it's been like walking dead. I need this so much, not for the beach body, not to get in any cloth i like in the store, those are just a plus, but to feel alive again, to feel i can actually achieve something. "Save the cheerleader, save world" i'll never forget that phrase, i'll start with the inner me, the first one to be cheering me up, then i'll be a change for the world.

4653022d17c08a4aa56de0393bc6ca98.jpg

To measure, more specifically:

• Get to 16% body fat, i'm currently on 33.5% (to the start of this challenge Sept16)
  • Drop to my healthy weight 63.5kg, i'm currently on 67.5kg
  • Hydrate my cells, i have only 47% of body water, for the %fat of my body i should be between 37 and 49, so it's ok, but i still think i could drink more water. Would be amazing if i was 70% water, aquawomen!

Female Body Water Chart

Body Fat % Body Water %

4-20%         58-70%

21-29%         52-58%

30-32%         49-52%

33%+          37-49%

Source:http://www.bellaonline.com/articles/art13909.asp

Goal #1: Exercise 4 times a week

PART 1

I will go to the gym 3 times a week: monday, wednesday and friday. I'm currently doing a routine called StrongLifts 5x5. I love it because i can scale-up the amount of weight i lift, which i've never done before, and it feels amazing. So i'll keep with it:

• Routine A: Squat 5x5 + Bench Press 5x5 + Row 5x5
  • Routine B: Squat 5x5 + Overhead Press 5x5 + Deadlift 1x5

88f90ac040f5397d79dd18182858e02a.jpg

I'll alternate both routines for the 3 day of the week i'm going to the gym. Building muscle is the best way i find to burn the fat.

After the weight-lifting i do a short High Intensity interval training with the elliptic. And afterward stretch up for 10 minutes.

PART 2

I will go for a  High intensity interval running on Saturdays. I live in front of a big park, so i will run as fast as i can the shorter sides and walk the long sides. This way i can get my metabolism higher and burn more fat.

Goal #2: Maintain a healthy Paleo Diet

What i've been struggling with lately is eating properly, i understand i cannot overlap my fork. So Paleo Diet it is, but i need to do as follows:

• No yogurt (i know it's not paleo, but i need to remember myself of it)
  • No sweet fruits (although fruits are paleo, i can't lose fat when i'm eating lot's of fruit)
  • No cereal (also not paleo, but need to remember it as well)
  • Only one sweet-potato or banana a day
  • Lot's and lot's of veggies, as much as i want
  • Eggs for breakfast, chicken breast for lunch and dinner. I need enough protein to build my muscle
  • Lot's of water, a big 500ml glass with every meal i eat, as i eat 6 meals, that will be enough. I also start my day with 1L of water with one lemon, works magic for the vowels movement, lol.

Goal #3: Keep track of my weight, bodyfat% and what i eat

So many times i've started and after 3 months i don't understand why i haven't lose weight, so i think a journal is necessary, so i will use a little cute notebook to write it all down, everyday.

Side Quest: Complete my Origami Senbazuru Project

I have this passion for origami, specially 3D Origami. But i started the Senbazuru project (fold a 1000 paper cranes) almost 4 years ago, i have 300 cranes at the moment, but i want to finish it once and for all. I think if i can finish this then i can start other projects, i have lot's of ideas, but i've been to afraid of pursuing any of them. I need this to start moving.

So let's see, 5 more weeks to finish the challenge, i'll fold 140 cranes per week, 20 cranes a day.

a88f84a784f162220242507dbd416037.jpg

300 cranes right there

Stats so far

These are the stats from monday sept 16, so i can track week by week my progress. I know i'm posting late for the challenge, but still on time, right?

Sept 16

Weight: 67.5kg

%fat: 33.5%

%water: 47%

I don't think this photo shows the belly pouch, the pants are very stretchy, i hope it works for the comparison.

046140b12a84ded3e3b5000ceb25016d.jpg

Motivation

Just to be clear, i'm doing this because...

Walking dead is no LIFE

Let's save my inner Cheerleader

962fbbf4e95a48f9e6d4ad0a3e87e028.jpg

"Set a goal SO BIG that you can't achieve... until you GROW into the person who CAN"

Level 3 - Malcontent Adventurer

STR 4.75|DEX 4|STA 4|CON 5|WIS 6|CHA 6

Previous Challenges 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 

Current Challenge: [GIMENIUX] Fresh Start towards a Pinterest Success Story

0.5(4.0%) of 12.48kg of fat lost goal losed since Dec 30, 2016 (updated Jan 10, 2017)

Sounds like you need a...

Hiro%204.jpg

Sorry couldn't resist....

Your goals are awesome! I have never actually heard about cell hydration..I drink a TON of water a day..upwards of 12-14 cups..yesterday I had 20...

I found that when I have bigger bottles it helps..because I'm a gulper..when I drink I tend to drink the whole bottle or at least half..then I'm not thirsty for a while...

What speeds do you run your interval training at? I just started doing HIIT and I'm not much of a runner at this point...

Good Luck! Awesome avatar!

Level 4 Dragonborn Ranger
STR 5 |STA 4 | INT 2 | WIS 1 | CON 7 | CHA 5

Level 1 | Level 2 | Level 3 | Level 4

I think i'll go for hiro of the present, his more cute with glasses on.

About cell hydration, i have no idea if that is even the term, but the main idea is to drink more water, i think i'm also a gulper, that's why i use 500ml cups instead of the normal 200ml or so. 

For the running, i just run as fast as i can, get my heart pumping out, and then resting it and then repeat the process. Haven't give it much thought, that's what paleo cavern men did, right? run as fast as they could for their prey.

Thanks

"Set a goal SO BIG that you can't achieve... until you GROW into the person who CAN"

0.5(4.0%) of 12.48kg of fat lost goal losed since Dec 30, 2016 (updated Jan 10, 2017)

Hey!  Great goals!  I did SL when I first started lifting and really enjoyed it.  Hope you do, too!

Glad you've decided to start tracking.  That's the biggest helper in figuring out what's going on and what works (or doesn't).  The "why haven't I lost yet?!" issue is definitely common. So it'll be great to see if you find anything through your tracking.

Regarding paleo: I am.. mostly b/c my body told me I have to be. BUT, I can't say there's anything wrong with some yogurt if you're not eating super sugary yogurt and your body doesn't rebel against dairy.  In an otherwise healthy diet and in moderation it's a great source of protein.  Naturally, da meats are better.. but ya know.. if it works for you and you like it then don't feel like you need to get rid of it because it doesn't fit the perfect paleo mold.

Best of luck on your first challenge! You're set up to do well :)

"I'm just going to remember to not eat like an asshole most of the time" - MoC

three words I can sum up everything I've learned about life: one must squat.- Brobert Frost
 Half-Elf Warrior | Current Challenge
 New Battle Log | Old Battle Log
Special thanks to AkLulu for drawing my awesome avatar!

Yeah, i think i could eat some greek yogurt or mix natural yogurt with nuts or fruits. But i don't like the plain flavor it has, so i always went for the sugared stuff, sometimes with Stevia, but most of the time the regular. So for now i'm scratching it from the list. Thank you!

So i woke up this morning with an awful cold. But i found this recipe on pinterest, with ginger and lemon, it worked magic on my throat.

96201d435ceedee08f740b9db5ed4a6f.jpg

But i don't think i can go running today, i'm tempted to, just afraid i get worst. Should i run with a cold?

Oh no! Sorry about the sickness :( 

Yes! I use the ginger-lemon tea a lot, too! It's great.

Feel better and rest up!

three words I can sum up everything I've learned about life: one must squat.- Brobert Frost

I thought this cold would last a day or two, but i've been sick for 6 days now. I haven't been able to do any exercise, mostly in bed. And the healthy eating, not so healthy anymore, eating hot stuff like toasted bread makes my throat feel better for a moment, i don't have strength to make any other food rather than sandwiches all day long. Then i feel guilty, open the fridge and find chocolate cake, great...

Feel like a failure right now... Still five weeks to go, but i feel i'm already taking five steps backwards.

Don't beat yourself up.  That's just added stress to the immune system.  You'll get back at it when you're well. Until then, just rest up!

This looks great, although I admit to worrying about the 16% body fat goal. Please stay healthy! As someone who was under 16% body fat for long periods of her life I can tell you that it can come back to bite you.

Also, I was Sadako in a high school play and folded cranes forever and ever and ever. I love the symbolism and stroy behind the cranes and all that it means. I folded hundreds in the month before the play to get into character and have been folding for the last 10 years, ever since. Your cranes look great, good luck!

Warrior, Ravenclaw, book lover, history nerd, Red Sonja wannabe

Current Challenge

Battle Log

Being sick sucks -- for me it's always been an awesome weight-loss routine. Spend day on couch or in bed, but only have a bowl or 2 of soup all day, voila, instant weight loss. Who cares that it's muscle anyway? ;-)

Seriously, hope you feel better soon, and don't stress falling off the wagon. Just means you gotta run a lil faster to catch up and jump back on. Can you do anything in the meanwhile, even yoga, just something to keep you from being totally stoved-up and inactive?

Insert witty & pithy saying here.

Being sick sucks -- for me it's always been an awesome weight-loss routine. Spend day on couch or in bed, but only have a bowl or 2 of soup all day, voila, instant weight loss. Who cares that it's muscle anyway? ;-)

Seriously, hope you feel better soon, and don't stress falling off the wagon. Just means you gotta run a lil faster to catch up and jump back on. Can you do anything in the meanwhile, even yoga, just something to keep you from being totally stoved-up and inactive?

Really, don't stress over it, sick happens, and it isn't fun, but you've got to take care of you. That's really what these challenges are all about!

Warrior, Ravenclaw, book lover, history nerd, Red Sonja wannabe

Current Challenge

Battle Log

Thank you Laura, JessFit and Hong WeiLoh.

The sickness is GONE, finally! I woke up this morning feeling fine, just down on energy. I'll go easy for today, gonna do some yoga flow. Tomorrow back to the gym. And i made my healthy paleo breakfast today: eggs, carrot and mushrooms quiche with bacon on the side. 

I decided not to stress up, what done is done. 

672a5f5bc3c5f0abb20f8e998af6b941.jpg

huzzah!  Glad you're feeling better.  Your breakfast sounds deeeeeeeeelicious.

The sick wasn't gone, i think i was in the eye of the storm last time i updated. I couldn't go to the gym. I really expect going next monday.

I did my routine today at home after 2 weeks but with lighter weights, as i don't own a barbell in my house, i add a yoga flow routine and ended up exhausted. I'll go running tomorrow, rest sunday and be ready for monday, finally (cross fingers).

As for my breakfast egg omelette and a mean green juice, i feel fantastic now. I've been sort of tracking my meals. 16-22 sept/26 sept/1-3 oct. I missed 6 days. But i'm getting used to.

I measured myself today:

Oct 4 (Day 19)

Weight: 67.6kg
%fat: 32.4%
%water: 47.8%

compared to my first week:

Sept 16 (Day 1)
Weight: 67.5kg
%fat: 33.5%
%water: 47%

Sept 17 (Day 2)
Weight: 67.2kg
%fat: 33.1%
%water: 47.8%

Sept 19 (Day 4)
Weight: 66.6kg
%fat: 32.8%
%water: 47.4%

Sept 20 (Day 5) Got sick :(
Weight: 66.7kg
%fat: 32.5%
%water: 47.7%

I've lost 0.7 kg of fat so far, but had lost 0.9kg before i got sick, i think i manage pretty well this couple of weeks maintaining my weight with binges and all.

Still 3 weeks to go, so i'm moving those numbers even further down. 

b4bfe48809b000ff3bdf9103f6190d05.jpg

I went running today for the first time in this challenge. I also spend 4 hours cleaning the vivarium of the laboratory i practice in, good cardio i think. My legs hurt, but i'm happy. I'm making my lunch right now, just sweet potato with an omelette and a mean green juice.

92b0c154bfca5a45e8b1939de5257182.jpg

I feel great. Exercise checked, paleo diet checked, tracking food and weight checked. I've also folded 240 cranes so far. I'm consistent now, i know i can beat this challenge!

a76fd00db069357a200cd43e893bcd46.jpg

Thanks JessFit. I found out i can fold them while i'm studying and it keeps me from distractions on the internet, it's a win-win. Takes away the stress, for sure :)

Thanks JessFit. I found out i can fold them while i'm studying and it keeps me from distractions on the internet, it's a win-win. Takes away the stress, for sure :)

Oooh! I wish I had known this when I was in school! Brilliant! 

Great job! Keep it up :)

Important Information

New here? Please check out our Privacy Policy and Community Guidelines