Run Lindsey_M RUN!

the google translator for kph/mph tells me that's way faster than I can do!!!

also... I hates the treadmil... and avoid it in all but the WORST weather

Level 10.4 Wood-Elf, Ranger - specializing in demon fighting

"doing the impossible since 2012 :D" - Librarian of Doom

facebook battle log level 50 WOOT   Backstory CNF2014  current (not challenge - doing a battle log this time)

Spoiler

* This is the day the Lord has made, rejoice in it and be glad. God, The Bible. * Do or do not, there is no try. - Yoda
* There are three options in this life; be good, get good, or give up. -- House * Never take counsel of your fears. Stonewall Jackson. 

* level 50 isn't gonna just POOF happen - alienjenn, NF IRC chatroom

* I'm not about to give up - Because I heard you say - There's gonna be brighter days… I won't stop, I'll keep my head up - No, I'm not here to stay ...  - 

I just might bend but I won't break - As long as I can see your face - When life won't play along - And right keeps going wrong - And I can't seem to find my way - I know where I am found - So I won't let it drag me down - Oh, I'll keep dancing anyway - Mercy Me - Move

Yup, I like the tracking and that it doesn't let me drift into slower speeds when I want to slack off :)

Last night was Body Pump class: positive - I tried added a tiny bit more weight than last time, negative - my lunge form was really poor and I got an ache in the area just above my bum that connects to my hip. I think it's OK now, but I'm going to skip Pilates this week since it was so hip-intensive last week.

Food challenge: going well. I'm cooking more things from scratch and still avoiding crisps so points for me. This morning I had porridge (it's suddenly so autumnal this week) and it was gross. I'm sure I used to eat porridge. I might try it again tomorrow with a bit of chocolate in. I put cacao nibs in today and it didn't help. I should note that I allow vegan chocolate products for their nutritive values as an acceptable part of my diet :)

Sleep challenge: total fail. I never go to bed on time.

I agree, that's definitely one of the better things about treadmills :) It's quite good for getting a good pace on things, like say you want to run 1km in 5 minutes then you can just set the treadmill and off you go, without having to think about it!

Man, I hear you on the sleep front. I was thinking I should head to bed around 11pm at the latest yesterday, so at 12am I decide it's probably time to head up. Failure!

Assassin Guild Leader  Trainee

STR: 2 | DEX: 2 | STA: 2 | CON: 3 | WIS: 3 | CHA: 3

Current Challenge: Vengefulpear Revives!

Level 1

High Score:

Level 7 STR: 14 | DEX: 10 | STA: 1 | CON: 12 | WIS: 6 | CHA: 4

Man, I hear you on the sleep front. I was thinking I should head to bed around 11pm at the latest yesterday, so at 12am I decide it's probably time to head up. Failure!

Tell me about it - this is me every day. I feel so hard done by spending all day at work and getting comparatively little time for things that I want to do :s

If only they would send me my paycheck without having to come in all the time...I have yet to convince my boss of this plan though. Sleep is a huge challenge for me too, and one I have basically resigned myself to staying less than optimal at this time. Getting to bed much before 10 is not possible at my house and I get up at 3:50 every morning, so I nap most days and suffer when I can't. Basically you have to do what you can, where you can, I can't fix that area, so I work really hard to keep other areas tight- like watching my stress and eating and keeping up on my workouts. Sometimes things are not gonna be optimal, but it sounds like your doing really well keeping up with your goals.

That's a tough gig rrababit - I've never felt so grateful that I only have to get up at 7!

Thinking about it overall though, I've rarely stayed up an hour past my target bedtime. I've not been exhausting myself horribly, but I really feel the difference when I get to bed pre-11.

I did some jogging intervals out along the canal today - it was gorgeous and sunny and I was slow but in good company. So that makes 3 workouts this week, 2 running based, and lots of vegetables consumed.

Hey Lindsey_M: you are totally headhunted but that's how we are, when we see awesome we want to have it with us :D

Well, I should present myself: I'm Nuala, Assassins guild leader. My dear spies (nooo, I won't give any names) send me a notice as they think (and I totally agree with them) that you would fit well with the assassins next challenge. Of course, the guild choice is ultimately up to you but, if you feel like joining us in a few weeks, I would like to give you a few quests in order to help you integrate our small family better. This quest is not mandatory at all, you can dismiss it and still be welcome to join us or do it and join another guild  :D. Still, I'll be checking in for the quest results and if you decide to work on them, I'll give you a new one next week.  :) So, here you go:

Quest #1: Meet guild mates.

Your mission is to visit the Assassin's forum, find 3 assassins that has similar goals as you and start following their topics and support them. I see you already know VengefulPear (our fantastic story teller for this challenge mini-challenge) and Tavore, so this quest should be easy for you :) 

Resources:

Assassins forum: http://rebellion.nerdfitness.com/index.php?/forum/301-assassins/

Quest completed when:

You come back with 3 Assassins name after having posted in their thread  :)

Good luck!

Nuala, level 13 Robot mistress of pain, Assassin Guild leader

First journey: The Rise and fall of an Assassin

#1, #2, #3, #4, #5, #6, #7, #8, #9, #10, #11, #12, #13

Second journey: Crawling back

recruited is AWESOME!!!!

facebook battle log level 50 WOOT   Backstory CNF2014  current (not challenge - doing a battle log this time)

Spoiler

* This is the day the Lord has made, rejoice in it and be glad. God, The Bible. * Do or do not, there is no try. - Yoda
* There are three options in this life; be good, get good, or give up. -- House * Never take counsel of your fears. Stonewall Jackson. 

* I'm not about to give up - Because I heard you say - There's gonna be brighter days… I won't stop, I'll keep my head up - No, I'm not here to stay ...  - 

I just might bend but I won't break - As long as I can see your face - When life won't play along - And right keeps going wrong - And I can't seem to find my way - I know where I am found - So I won't let it drag me down - Oh, I'll keep dancing anyway - Mercy Me - Move

Don't give in Lindsey! You've been doing so well :) 

Just use that as extra motivation for working out for the rest of the week :D 

You need a vaccine for three-week-stick-to-itis! Just think of all the progress you've been making! You've already lost 2.5kg in September! And you ran 3km the other day! If you keep going like you are you'll be running and mean and lean in no time! :D

Level 1

High Score:

OK - back in the game (I thought I posted yesterday, but I guess the internet at it).

Last night I went to Pilates class, it was epic, I felt totally zen after. Also my hip *still* complained, so I need to remember how weak I am and not f it up accidentally.

My muscle tone is so feeble. It was feeble even when I was a child, and decades of no exercise haven't helped. All those affirmations of mind over matter don't really apply when injury is such a risk :(

No problem :D 

That's what we at NF are here for! 

Well that just means you'll have to start slow and maybe ask about some extra stretches or exercises from your pilates teacher that you can do at home to strengthen your hips :)

Level 1

High Score:

woot wooooot!!!

hugs

Spoiler

oh em gee, the challenge is over :'(

I didn't do brilliantly well. I feel bad for taking on the assassin mini challenge, saying hi to a bunch of people and following their threads but then not reporting back or following up on it. I lost all my routines, and failed most of my challenges.

But.

There are 2 very important things that did come out of it:

- 1) I did very well on the eating clean and green, taking my total weight-loss since August to 4kg/9 pounds

- 2) I AM ACTUALLY STILL HERE

I can't emphasise that one enough. I've tried challenges before and always ALWAYS bailed before the end, and although I've flaked out and not been particularly present during the last 2 weeks I am still here reporting my final scores. That has never happened before and I am so proud of myself and positive about the future of a) my fitness and B) my next challenge.

Thanks as well to all the lovely folks who've been sending me supportive messages. It really, genuinely helped and I love you guys for being awesome :D

9# is AWESOME!!!!

so... what's up next?

Spoiler

Yay - thanks Jenn :D

Right now I have a cold that's making me all feeble and unable to breathe properly, so I'm taking a little break. However, my plans include kicking 5K's arse, training to do a handstand, and doing all the yoga a person could possibly do. And knitting scarves for all my relatives for Christmas.

I'm sure I can fit all that in.

Don't feel bad, I disappeared too at the end of the challenge and couldn't give you another quest. Sorry about that :)

Have you decided where you will be going next challenge? Obviously assassins would suit you but, considering your goals, the druids would be a good fit too. If you need a hand to decide, feel free to ask all your questions! Good job for your first challenge!

Nuala, level 13 Robot mistress of pain, Assassin Guild leader

First journey: The Rise and fall of an Assassin

#1, #2, #3, #4, #5, #6, #7, #8, #9, #10, #11, #12, #13

Second journey: Crawling back

Important Information

New here? Please check out our Privacy Policy and Community Guidelines