Injured :(

I haven't been around for a while.  I sprained my right elbow and pinched the nerve, which may or may not require surgery to correct.  This means 90% of my exercise program is out the window.  I've put on a little weight - and not in a good way. I'm planning to start running soon, but I honestly hate doing it.  Also I may need to shift my diet away from a Paleo lifting-oriented one.  

I'd love any suggestions for diet and exercise.  Remember, nothing that requires the use of my right arm. Thanks.

http://rebellion.nerdfitness.com/index.php?/topic/37778-quick-little-guide-to-fix-your-signatures/ to fix your sig :P

Also, well you could just check how much you were eating daily and adjust you caloric intake to reflect your temporary state. (i.e: lower your caloric intake by 200-300, maybe even more depending on what you were eating)

Could you like strap it and go for walks/jogs? Run up down stairs, just make sure you watch that elbow, wouldn't want it to get worst.

It's not 80% diet, 20% exercise, it's 100% diet, 100% exercise. Give it your all.

My journey (Date - Total - BF % - LBM)

2012-01-01 - 242 - 35% - 157

2013-12-15 - 172 - 10% - 155

2016-05-01 - 231 - 25% - 173

Hey.

Sorry to hear about your inury, that really sucks!

I personally enjoy running, but, when/if i get injured i find something thats similar to running but doesnt make my injury worse, like using a cross trainer (it has not impact) or swimming. My advice would be to find something thats similar to what you already did.. i know it might be impossible..

if you are a gym memeber you can use a Cross Trainers or a stationary bike to keep burning calories :)

like Duality said, it might be a good idea to look at your diet, and like you said yourself, change it.

And imo... don't waste your time doing exercise you hate, thats not worth it, find something you like doing and that fits you.. workouts and exercise is your own choice :D

i hope you beat that injury! and get back up! and i hope this was useful..

"We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence then, is not an act, but a habit"

Unos -. Ranger

Does it hurt the elbow to row?

How about swimming to much impact for the arm? 

Can pick up plates to load a rack or have a buddy that would so you could maybe work back squats and do leg focused routines?

Being injured sucks been there buddy so demoralizing

“Happiness consists in getting enough sleep. Just that, nothing more.†  Starship Troopers

“There are no dangerous weapons; there are only dangerous men.†  Starship Troopers

“Violence, naked force, has settled more issues in history than has any other factor, and the contrary opinion is wishful thinking at its worst. Breeds that forget this basic truth have always paid for it with their lives and their freedoms†  Starship Troopers

Follow and comment for my current challenge at this link:  

http://rebellion.nerdfitness.com/index.php?/topic/39940-toms-adventures-in-rangering

And this is my Battle Log

http://rebellion.nerdfitness.com/index.php?/topic/38791-early-morning-challange/page-2

I'm injured at the moment too, no upper body work. There's actually a lot you can still do, you basically focus on legs and abs.

You should still be able to squat I would of thought, also box jumps and squat hopping are killer and don't require any heavy work from your arms. You can sit on an exercise bike as well.

Ab work like hollow holds and such that don't work your arms are good too.

Have a look at my thread to see what I've been up to, I did a hard front squat workout today, if you can't do front squats you could substitute back squats.

Endor, LVL 45 Half-Elf Ranger 

PR and Motivation Log | Current Battle Log 

Feb-March 2022 Challenge