Halloween Costumes (It's never to early to start planning)

Hey all, I know it is still about a month and a half away but I am trying to put together a halloween costume and could use some help. My fiance and I are planning on going as a pair and she has already figured out that she is going to be going as poison ivy. She is making her costume. I don't know what I should go as. Batman or Robin would be the obvious choice but I don't really have the cash to dish out for a good costume. Bane could also work but I am not THAT jacked yet. then there are the other villans joker, twoface, penguine ect.

OOOOH Idea! I could always do a homemade version of the darkest Night black ring batman (aka zombie batman) This could be fun and shouldn't be to hard to do hmmmm.

What is everyone else going to be doing this year?

Level 0 Human, Monk

82%
82%
Lose 75 lbs

Startin Fresh

"Nothing is ever easy." Zeddicus Zull Zorander

"Do or Do Not, There is no try" Yoda

"Weak people face life obstacles with an excuse in their hand, strong peple carry a hammer."

Estemated 1RM

Bench: 195lbs

Squat: 245lbs

Deadlift: 295lbs

Total weight: 735lbs

Goal Weight 1000lbs

http://rebellion.nerdfitness.com/index.php?/topic/37778-quick-little-guide-to-fix-your-signatures/ to fix your sig :)

for me, my kilt is probably going to be worn. Something scottish.

It's not 80% diet, 20% exercise, it's 100% diet, 100% exercise. Give it your all.

My journey (Date - Total - BF % - LBM)

2012-01-01 - 242 - 35% - 157

2013-12-15 - 172 - 10% - 155

2016-05-01 - 231 - 25% - 173

I'm torn.  I'm working on stuff for a Bane cosplay that was supposed to be done for a costume party this weekend.  But OTOH, we have a lot of kids trick-or-treating at our house and a cross-gender Bane risks being either too scary or too out-there.  I'll probably end up wearing my Appa hoodie from last year (my son was Aang).

And cheers Duality!  I needed the sig fix link.

NF: Treedwelling assasin. Druidish leanings. Gnome.  

IRL: Amateur circus geek.  Mad cook. Mom. Mad Max junkie. 

Going back and forth (and forth) between either Mega Man, The Riddler or Ferb to match with my son's Pheneas costume.  

Level 2 Warforged Druid

STR: 2, DEX: 1, STA: 3, CON: 3, WIS: 2, CHA: 3

"If these people tell this story to their children as they sleep; then maybe someday they'll see a hero is just a man who knows he is free."

Good night and joy be to you all ~Jitters The. Clown

Current Challange: New Challenges Ahead!

Battle Log: Clowning around daily

Past Challenges: Leveling Up PvP Jump Rope Boss Continue? System Failure Systems Online Calling Rush Confirm Reset Select World Select Difficulty, Select Character, Repairs, Press Start, First Timer, Jump Rope PVP Challenge

Going back and forth (and forth) between either Mega Man, The Riddler or Ferb to match with my son's Pheneas costume.  

all great ones. Would be interested to see how megan man turns out...you could always do a mega ferb

Level 0 Human, Monk

82%
82%
Lose 75 lbs

Startin Fresh

"Weak people face life obstacles with an excuse in their hand, strong peple carry a hammer."

Estemated 1RM

Goal Weight 1000lbs

I've been invited to a masquarade party and Nintendo party, so I don't get to reuse any of my Con costumes.  Currently working on an old fashioned 3-piece suit (with top hat and cane) for werewolf masquarade costume, then I have to decide if I want to make or buy a Link costume.

Anim07734; God of Death in Training

Tiefling Assassin and Artificer

Maxim 70: Failure is not an option. It is mandatory. The option is whether or not to let failure be the last thing you do.

Man you're late!!! All my dance and con friends have been planning!!!  They usually start planning after LAST halloween.

I don't go to parties any more- so I don't get dressed up- it's depressing. Halloween is my mostest favorite day of the year. I want a halloween party to go to. 

<le sigh>

I have been planning for a while but unfortunatly due to insuficient funds and not being as far along in my training as I wanted, I felt a fullbody Lycra suit for the original green poweranger should be saved for later on.

Level 0 Human, Monk

82%
82%
Lose 75 lbs

Startin Fresh

Estemated 1RM

Goal Weight 1000lbs

LOL I hate when fundage gets in the way- some of my costumes for dance I plan and then it takes me months to collect the necessary stuff to decorate it. so frustrating- damn money getting in the way of all the fun dressing up!!

I cannot wait to see everyone's things.  I want PICTURES OF EVERYTHING!!!! I shall live vicariously through you all!

I-Jo, what kind of dance do you do?

I think I'm going as Danerys for one party, another is a masquerade party so IDK there but it needs to involve a big dress. (Ideas for this welcome). I will probably do Gatsby for work and then I try to dress up as something kid-recognizable for trick-or-treating. Last year I did tinkerbelle. This year maybe Mulan? (Also other popular kids characters reccomendations appreciated, I don't have any of my own yet so I'm not totally up on trends)

This being said, I'm a theater costumer so a lot of this I will either make or pull from my costume-room. If you couldn't tell Halloween is my fave.

Warrior, Ravenclaw, book lover, history nerd, Red Sonja wannabe

Current Challenge

Battle Log

I'm a bellydancer. :D

so I have lots of fun things. The sparkly variety as well as the gothic fusion variety. :D

Oh- go check out the ren faire style wedding dresses- you can make those with any other fabric than white (mine was blue jaccard) and it was amazaballs. LOVE them.  

maybe brave? I love the scottish girl with her ridiculous hair and her bow!!! 

Mulan also a win. 

I-Jo, what kind of dance do you do?

I think I'm going as Danerys for one party, another is a masquerade party so IDK there but it needs to involve a big dress. (Ideas for this welcome). I will probably do Gatsby for work and then I try to dress up as something kid-recognizable for trick-or-treating. Last year I did tinkerbelle. This year maybe Mulan? (Also other popular kids characters reccomendations appreciated, I don't have any of my own yet so I'm not totally up on trends)

This being said, I'm a theater costumer so a lot of this I will either make or pull from my costume-room. If you couldn't tell Halloween is my fave.

I vote for either meredith or mulan or what about the chick from atlantis either the mechanic OR the atlantian chick

Level 0 Human, Monk

82%
82%
Lose 75 lbs

Startin Fresh

Estemated 1RM

Goal Weight 1000lbs

I'm a bellydancer. :D

so I have lots of fun things. The sparkly variety as well as the gothic fusion variety. :D

Oh- go check out the ren faire style wedding dresses- you can make those with any other fabric than white (mine was blue jaccard) and it was amazaballs. LOVE them.  

maybe brave? I love the scottish girl with her ridiculous hair and her bow!!! 

Mulan also a win. 

OMG BRAVE FTW! I have a kimono which is why I was thinking Mulan. If I have time to make the brave dress on top of the gatsby dress and danerys costume I might. I havea huge pink and blue ren gown and a dark blue and green ren gown. I'm trying to think how I can turn those into costumes for the masquerade

Bellydance seems amazing! I've done all the standards (tap, ballet jazz, hip hop ect.) and was a compettive Irish dancer and ballroom dance but I haven't found a belly dance class that fits my schedule. I have a friend in eastern PA that is a belly dance teacher but I'm in the midwest. How long have you been doing that? Do you perform at all?

Current Challenge

Battle Log

I vote for either meredith or mulan or what about the chick from atlantis either the mechanic OR the atlantian chick

I've never seen atlants, I'll have to look into it! My friend's 5 year old son has been allowed to watch the tamer parts of Game of Thrones and is hardcore crushing on Daney so I'm going to facetime him as Daney. Should be priceless.

My brother and I were peter pan and tinkerbelle last year, this year he is off at college so I'm on my own to hand out candy but the neighbor kids still expect a costume. All the other adults in my neighborhood think I'm ridiculous but I love the kids reactions when they see an adult dressed up to hand out candy

Current Challenge

Battle Log

LOL yeah brave was on TV the other day- it makes me chuckle- I like it. 

meh- add some ribbon and feathers and shit with a mask and you're good to go with the big gown. Keep it simple!

I used to tap/ballet- like AGES ago- we do a fair bit of ballet based stuff in my classes now- for posture and dance movement. One teacher is REALLY big into modern/hip hop- so we fuse a lot of stuff. we have a burlesque BD piece we are performing this weekend- it's HAWT.

Eastern PA/NJ is a big mecca for BD actually - same with california. We have 2 big events yearly here in NJ- they are the biggest on the east coast essentially... Rakassah is this weekend actually (where we are performing) it's fun. I love it.

I've been dancing for 7 years- I do perform- at shows- and I dance at a restaurant. good time. I love it- I couldn't breath without it- it's my life line. 

That sounds amazing. I used to do a ton of performing as an Irish dancer, and some as a ballroom dancer. I miss it so much but the past year or so has been so busy with school and work that I'm really just social dancing. There's a surprisingly limited number of belly dance classes here in Chicago which is why I haven't learned yet.

Good luck with the performance this weekend, I'm sure you will own it!

Current Challenge

Battle Log

There is like 9 of us- we rock the socks of this dance- I cant' wait.   Booty shorts adn fish nets- it's FABULOUS.

That sounds like fun- dancing itself is great- I LURV watching ballroom dance- strictly ballroom was one of my favorite movies for the longest time (I need to see if it's on Netflix actually).

We have some super hot salsa dancing at my studio too- wish I could get the man to come.  zomg dancers- so hawt.

Check out Zouk- you'd love that.  They might have something near you!!! Super sexy and amazing to watch!!!

lol I'm already on Christmas. My husband and I are doing some cheesy thing that has to do with funny pregnancy related costumes.

There is like 9 of us- we rock the socks of this dance- I cant' wait.   Booty shorts adn fish nets- it's FABULOUS.

That sounds like fun- dancing itself is great- I LURV watching ballroom dance- strictly ballroom was one of my favorite movies for the longest time (I need to see if it's on Netflix actually).

We have some super hot salsa dancing at my studio too- wish I could get the man to come.  zomg dancers- so hawt.

Check out Zouk- you'd love that.  They might have something near you!!! Super sexy and amazing to watch!!!

THIS sounds awesome but no one needs to see this pregnant ass in fishnets or booty shorts

Christmas shopping has been finished in my house for a month now...  First time that's ever happened.

I think I have decided on Mega Man.  Now I just have to find the time to get started.

Level 2 Warforged Druid

STR: 2, DEX: 1, STA: 3, CON: 3, WIS: 2, CHA: 3

"If these people tell this story to their children as they sleep; then maybe someday they'll see a hero is just a man who knows he is free."

Good night and joy be to you all ~Jitters The. Clown

Current Challange: New Challenges Ahead!

Battle Log: Clowning around daily

Past Challenges: Leveling Up PvP Jump Rope Boss Continue? System Failure Systems Online Calling Rush Confirm Reset Select World Select Difficulty, Select Character, Repairs, Press Start, First Timer, Jump Rope PVP Challenge

Christmas shopping?

seriously?

already?  I haven't even gotten to Halloween candy yet- what's this Christmas shopping- that's to be done on Christmas eve at the mall!!!

haha yea...Christmas Eve shopping is the one time of year where I feel like stabbing my eye if I gotta bring my kids. It's like they KNOW that this is the magical time of year to really test my nerves. Online shopping is the way to go for us

Christmas shopping?

seriously?

already?  I haven't even gotten to Halloween candy yet- what's this Christmas shopping- that's to be done on Christmas eve at the mall!!!

I have a really REALLY big family. If I don't buy a few gifts each paycheck starting in August then I have zero dinero in december and everyone gets crapppier gifts because I had to go cheaper. Plus I make a lot of the gifts so I need to start early so I end spend months knitting, candle making, ect.

I LOVE Halloween way more though, so yeah, I don't skimp there, don't worry

Current Challenge

Battle Log

We also do the same thing, we buy things when we see them on clearance and put them in storage for x-mas, so there might be toys/non-perishable stuff that she bought the day after last x-mas. It really does save a lot of money and stress

I know we are going as Super heroes for the halloween race and they are being Princesses for halloween so I may dress up as a King on that day, or I can just go as a zombie or a werewolf like almost every other year.  

Between a rock and a hard place, use our finger nails to climb, it's all we know..........

Daily Mile

Perfer et obdura: Dolor hic tibi proderit olim