Down the rabbithole

Greetings!

I found NF in a quest for ways to eat healthy without breaking the bank, and I'm wondering how I never knew this existed, before.

I was the last kid picked in gym, when I was in school.  My idea of unwinding at the end of a long day is with a video game and a beer, or glass of wine.  (For my theory on video games, see: http://xkcd.com/606/.  I tend to play on a two-to-three year delay, though, and I don't expect my friends to crack up when I start making the jokes they've been making for years.)  I consider myself a casual gamer, not an avid one.  I prefer all of my media on my own terms--I don't tend to watch TV shows until I can get them in season-long chunks which I can watch at my leisure.

I do still consider myself a game-lover, as well as a sci-fi lover, a book-lover, a Star Trek fan and a Star Wars fan.  I love Firefly, but just don't get Doctor Who.  I've tried.  I'm all about classic rock, and think the best video game ever created by Man or God was Chrono Trigger.  I'm a fashionista who wears blue jeans and t-shirts, and one of my hobbies (which I hope becomes lucrative) is combining literature and fashion in unique and fun ways.

I'm an active duty military member, so I'm not unfamiliar with the world of fitness, however pretty much no one actually knows what they're doing when they plan military fitness sessions, so I like to work out on my own.  When I can find the motivation, which is really where it's hard for me.  Lately, life has been getting rather away from me, leaving me a little reeling and feeling out-of-control.  There are, however, two things that I can control ALL THE TIME (unless I become physically disabled, and that would suck) and those things are CLEANING and MY HEALTH.

So I'm trying to control the everloving crap out of those things.

Also, I recently adoped a Rottweiler puppy, and he's getting to the point where people stop believing that he's only a puppy, because he weighs more than my neice.  Anyway, at some point he's going to weigh close to what I do, and more than many women my height like to weigh.  Which means, having a lower center of gravity, four legs for stability, and a helluvalot of muscle mass, he'll need a stronger me to take care of him.

Besides that, I'm pushing 30 and I feel like five years ago is the right time to start making sure that I have as many good years ahead of me as I possibly can squeeze out of life.  Better late than never.

Welcome!  Those are good goals you have -- cleaning is something I'm trying to keep control of lately too (I just joined NF yesterday and made it one of my priorities in leveling up my life).

That xkcd is my gaming life too...  I just can't justify to myself spending so much money on new games I know I could get for $20 in a year. Also Chrono Trigger is for sure one of the best games in existance.  I'm hoping you have the chance/feel comfortable enough here to post some pictures of your puppy! Rotweilers are so adorable.

Good luck with your journey!

I'm not sure what happened there.  Take two.

post-22323-0-80393500-1380055011_thumb.j

Baby puppy.  Because adorable.

post-22323-0-01941200-1380055176_thumb.j

He's a little older in this one, and he's taking care of me when I have a migraine.

post-22323-0-81213200-1380055167_thumb.j

Here he's REALLY trying to figure out why he can't eat those.  The obvious answer is because they explode.  The less obvious answer is because they were my birthday present.  (This one was about three weeks ago)

post-22323-0-77497700-1380055408_thumb.j

And this is the most recent one I have.  Those are his "uncles," my boyfriend's dogs.  Imagine all of those beasts in one car.

Also, because how could I not?  My puppy's name is Mervin, The Sheriff of Rottingham.  Because what else could I name a Rottweiler?